Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ladies, why do you do this to us?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Namaste wrote: »
    And of course because we are all the same, obviously. :rolleyes:

What the hell is this, the broad generalisation thread?

Bit oversensitive perhaps, I don't think anyone is taking the thread as a matter of fact. It's the same as saying men never ask for directions isn't it? Jovial anecdotes about the other sex. But for some, it's always offensive I guess.

In my experience my girlfriend will never choose, but I don't like choosing either. However if I do choose something she'll often go along with it. Apart from the other day when I walked into the apple shop to have a go on a mac and she got fed up after 5 minutes (whilst I was helping her sample every dress in all the different clothes stores for several hours - have you noticed they're all the same colours and designs, just *slightly* different - designers shouldn't get paid for that tbh).

I think you get used to it after a while though. If I've got a short temper though and say shall we do this and she says ok but then whinges about not liking it, it really gets on my nerves, because if she'd have spoken to me first she wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Options
    Away and shite that this is typical female behaviour :razz: Almost every bloke I've been out with has been the dithering, indecisive type. I sat on Grey's Monument [amid a load of birdshit] in Newcastle with my ex for an hour and a half while he fannied on not being sure which of my suggestions he fancied. Really irritating.

My boyf's cousin's girlfriend is pretty fucking annoying on the "tea or coffee" front. You get up to make everyone a brew - "would ya like tea or coffee Carly?". "What's everyone else having?" EH? That's not an answer to my question you twit. What's the fucking point in saying that when it's no more hassle to make one than the other and you've been given a choice? Jesus wept.
  • Options
    And of course because we are all the same, obviously. :rolleyes:

What the hell is this, the broad generalisation thread?

Oops. Didn't realise I'd done that. But yeah, that's very true of me - I never know what I want and other people usually make the choice for me.:blush:
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    My boyf's cousin's girlfriend is pretty fucking annoying on the "tea or coffee" front. You get up to make everyone a brew - "would ya like tea or coffee Carly?". "What's everyone else having?" EH? That's not an answer to my question you twit. What's the fucking point in saying that when it's no more hassle to make one than the other and you've been given a choice? Jesus wept.

I've never understood this, tbh. If someone's making something/getting me something, I will ask for what I really want; not what everyone else is having.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »

I'm guilty of that :p but it's more if someone asks if I want tea I'll say 'if you're making one'. Not too fond of coffee lol. But sometimes someone will ask what I want to drink and I'll say 'whatever' :p haha. But that's because I genuinely don't know what I want to drink or even if I want a drink. Seem to have settled on a happy medium between orange squash and tea now though :) with the odd bits of wine.

If I don't liven up soon I fear I'm in for a boring life :nervous:
  • Options
    Sometimes they just want to be put in their place

... and what place would that be then?
    I think i've lost touch with my asshole side since i've been with her.

I think that the shite you post here suggests otherwise TBH.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Bit oversensitive perhaps, I don't think anyone is taking the thread as a matter of fact. It's the same as saying men never ask for directions isn't it? Jovial anecdotes about the other sex. But for some, it's always offensive I guess.
    If there were a thread up saying all men cannot ask for directions because they're too proud, I'd sa the same thing.

For the record, I always put people straight on what I want and don't do the whole "ohhh *giggle* I just don't know because I'm a silly billy girl!" shite. :yeees:
  • Options
    What I find incredibly LAUGHABLE is that MattLiverpool assumes he knows the entire race of women.

You're 21 mate, probably only dealt with women in Liverpool. If you're glaringly clued up here, can you speak for the women worldwide, generations before? What about generations in future? How are you so 'well travelled' to deduce our mentality?

I would actually like to see you leave Liverpool, come to London and try your thinking there. Or even somewhere like Dublin, fuck it..come to Glasgow. I dare you come to any of those places, bag a girlfriend with your thinking. The reason being, is that these are fuck off big cities with a shedload of different backgrounds/influences that wouldn't stand for your 19canteen behaviour.

The ones you do bag will probably be the bleachedblonde end results of their father fucking a Wotsit. The ones who think that if they look the equivalent of a Barbie doll and have the same mentality as the 30CM dolls, they'll bag a hunk like you.

Of course they would by their own thick admission, they can't think for themselves as they probably wouldn't have had any encouragement to settle for anything higher than a complete prat like you.

I highly doubt you'd ever pick anyone to be your equal because anyone who would appear to have the same intelligence - you do seem intelligent, you just have no common sense - would knock you so far off your high horse you'd have a scabby arse for a month at LEAST.

You do realise half of what you're saying has the potential lunacy of some bloke who mentally abuses their partner? I reckon in years to come if you do get married - again, this is a general sweeping thought but you seem okay with these - that your wife will either stray away, or bundle up the kids to her sisters, stay in the loveless marriage as you'll get bored with her since she'll be so molded into your 'perfect possession' and you'll stray away and she'll probably end up topping herself or something.

Okay, they may have been a bit drastic generalisations. But I am a bigger person here to say that OK, may or may not happen. Take a tip, here. You'd get farther on the boards to say 'in my experience', or perhaps 'some girls may/sometimes think' as you cannot presuppose this is how women act unless you have been with us every step of the way with all our social interations with the opposite sex.

Until you have, zip it. It's fucking insulting to think we all think alike.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    The ones you do bag will probably be the bleachedblonde end results of their father fucking a Wotsit. The ones who think that if they look the equivalent of a Barbie doll and have the same mentality as the 30CM dolls, they'll bag a hunk like you.

:lol: This was also a LAUGHABLE post, how I laughed!

Aw Becky I love you, you said it all... and a whole lot more :heart:
  • Options
    My boyfriend does this so it is blatently not girls. I ask him if he wants a drink 'could do' ... if he wants to do whatever 'maybe'. SO annoying, I told him how annoying it was and now he just answers it in reply to my questions with a big grin, the scoundrel.

For the coffee/tea question Briggi, I did something similar yesterday. I was meeting one of my boyfriend's good friends for the first time and he said 'what would you like to drink?' and I did ask what everyone else was having..but that's understandable cmon :razz:

Ooh and last weekend I wanted to do the romantic thing of going somewhere on his motorbike and stopping where it's nice. I had a place in mind that is somewhere in Maidstone and has a canal/lock thing and a pub by the side..I couldn't remember what it was called. So I typed Maidstone lock into Google Images when he asked where we were going and said 'THERE-ISH'. He said next time I want to go somewhere, not to just point to a photo and say there.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    For the coffee/tea question Briggi, I did something similar yesterday. I was meeting one of my boyfriend's good friends for the first time and he said 'what would you like to drink?' and I did ask what everyone else was having..but that's understandable cmon :razz:

You mean you don't want to be considered awkward if everyone else is having totally different drinks to you?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    You mean you don't want to be considered awkward if everyone else is having totally different drinks to you?

Yup! :yes:
  • Options
    If there were a thread up saying all men cannot ask for directions because they're too proud, I'd sa the same thing.

For the record, I always put people straight on what I want and don't do the whole "ohhh *giggle* I just don't know because I'm a silly billy girl!" shite. :yeees:

Yea, and for the record, I still reckon you're being oversensitive. Surely life's too short? I don't think people were implying girls go "ohhh *giggle* I just don't know because I'm a silly billy girl!". It's not exclusive to women (as men not asking for directions is not exclusive to men) but why think everything is an offensive generalisation? Like I said, jovial anecdotes about the opposite sex are commonplace wherever you go.

Men are stupid (boys are stupid comics for example)

Women can't drive

Men can't cook

Women care far too much about their appearance

It's just one of those things, everyone has a dig at the opposite sex ina lighthearted way, but I don't think most people take it seriously or offensively.

It's great that you put people straight, wahey. But I think you're taking the thread too personally.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yea, and for the record, I still reckon you're being oversensitive. Surely life's too short? I don't think people were implying girls go "ohhh *giggle* I just don't know because I'm a silly billy girl!". It's not exclusive to women (as men not asking for directions is not exclusive to men) but why think everything is an offensive generalisation? Like I said, jovial anecdotes about the opposite sex are commonplace wherever you go.

Men are stupid (boys are stupid comics for example)

Women can't drive

Men can't cook

Women care far too much about their appearance

It's just one of those things, everyone has a dig at the opposite sex ina lighthearted way, but I don't think most people take it seriously or offensively.

It's great that you put people straight, wahey. But I think you're taking the thread too personally.
    I'm not taking it to heart or anything, jus saying that I thin it's dumb, that stereotypes are dumb too.

If this were a thread about race it wouldn't be allowed.
  • Options
    In my experience, it is guys who are like that. In a relationship it is always me that makes suggestions of places to go/things to do. If it wasn't for me, all we'd do is sit at home watching TV.
  • Options
    It's not so much that which annoys me, it's when we go food shopping. I'll stand at the fridge cabinet, and say 'what do you think... beef or pork?' and he'll say... 'i don't mind'. I wouldn't mind, except we share the cooking so he might end up cooking the damn stuff, and if *i* cared which one we had, i wouldn't have given him the option, i'd've just put it in the trolley!
  • Options
    Figure of speech

Only for a mysogynist.

So come on, what is a woman's "place"?
  • Options
    What I find incredibly LAUGHABLE is that MattLiverpool assumes he knows the entire race of women.

You're 21 mate, probably only dealt with women in Liverpool. If you're glaringly clued up here, can you speak for the women worldwide, generations before? What about generations in future? How are you so 'well travelled' to deduce our mentality?

I would actually like to see you leave Liverpool, come to London and try your thinking there. Or even somewhere like Dublin, fuck it..come to Glasgow. I dare you come to any of those places, bag a girlfriend with your thinking. The reason being, is that these are fuck off big cities with a shedload of different backgrounds/influences that wouldn't stand for your 19canteen behaviour.

Of course they would by their own thick admission, they can't think for themselves as they probably wouldn't have had any encouragement to settle for anything higher than a complete prat like you.

I highly doubt you'd ever pick anyone to be your equal because anyone who would appear to have the same intelligence - you do seem intelligent, you just have no common sense - would knock you so far off your high horse you'd have a scabby arse for a month at LEAST.

You do realise half of what you're saying has the potential lunacy of some bloke who mentally abuses their partner? I reckon in years to come if you do get married - again, this is a general sweeping thought but you seem okay with these - that your wife will either stray away, or bundle up the kids to her sisters, stay in the loveless marriage as you'll get bored with her since she'll be so molded into your 'perfect possession' and you'll stray away and she'll probably end up topping herself or something.

Okay, they may have been a bit drastic generalisations. But I am a bigger person here to say that OK, may or may not happen. Take a tip, here. You'd get farther on the boards to say 'in my experience', or perhaps 'some girls may/sometimes think' as you cannot presuppose this is how women act unless you have been with us every step of the way with all our social interations with the opposite sex.

Until you have, zip it. It's fucking insulting to think we all think alike.

Hahaha POTW i reckon.
  • Options
    I hate overuse of the expression "I don't mind", so much so that I've banned its use with many girls before! Works both ways too though - I try to never give ambiguous answers.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Hahaha POTW i reckon.

Don't think it would quite fit :chin:
  • Options
    I don't do that, if there's something i want to do, i'll say so.

However, it really fucks me off that my boyfriend is incapable of making any decisions without his hand being held, so if i genuinely don't mind what we do, i make him decide. I'm teaching him, really :D

Same here, but I'd usually give a list of things I wouldn't mind doing so he has somewhere to start, or we'll work it out through that thing where you get rid of all the options to leave you with just one. I know what I mean.

He is crap at making decisions on 90% of things, doesn't really have an opinion on most of it. Laid back might be the term for it. Occaisionally he wow's me and decides something with absolutely no input from me. :shocking:
  • Options
    When ive been indecisive in the past its because i havent wanted to cause hassle or make my boyfriend feel like he has to do something he doesnt want to do.

I'd never suggest going somewhere or doing something that my boyfriend will hate, and i dont expect to have to do it if its the other way round. We tend to know what we both like doing nowdays, and a decision will get made by both of us rather than the pressure being put on one person.

The other night, neither me or my boyfriend could decide whether we were going to go out or not. In the end we just stayed it, because it kinda takes away the fun after its been discussed too much
  • Options

LMFAO! You ledge you!

Yeah, I do find a 21 year old dictating to me what my personality is, on the basis that I happen to have a quim somewhat amusing. 21? Yeesh... Got a whole lotta living to do yet!

I used to get people in my home town like that... Born in Wrexham, will probably die in Wrexham and no concept of the outside world, which was depressing. When I was going to university at 21 a guy asked me "so when are you going to settle down and have kids?" I shrugged and said probably when I am around 27 at the earliest... He looked shocked and told me I'd be too old then. :lol:

Different people have different values all over the country. It pisses me off when people say "all women are this" or "all men are that"... It is no better than saying "all Jews are this" or "all Armenians are that". You can joke lightly with stereotypes sometimes, but then the fact that these stereotypes exist reflect in a way how society perceives groups of people. The thing is that we perceive groups as different as us and then that affects our empathy towards them... Stereotypes focus on the differences and not the similarities and this alienates people.

I believe anyway.

Most of my mates are guys... I have a few female friends too. They're all unique in their own way, neither of them have 'a place' because they are all skilled in different areas. I know guys who can cook and who are wonderful with kids, I know women who can fix a car or do the plumbing (I can do a bit of plumbing meself, guess that makes me a big fat lesbian). Boys cry, girls cry... Everybody laughs, loves and has potential to be whatever they want...

It's these stupid gender stereotypes which hold people back.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that would really resent going out with a MattLiverpool type of girl? She sounds like she'd be an utter pussy with no mind/opinion of her own to me.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that would really resent going out with a MattLiverpool type of girl? She sounds like she'd be an utter pussy with no mind/opinion of her own to me.

2278706328a3934859455b585772565l.jpg
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Ok, what MattLiverpool said was utterly ridiculous - and I'm sorry I didn't read it earlier. :(

But lets not have this thread descend any further.
  • Options
    Or you could just stop making sexist remarks?
  • Options
    Hi there, I understand you felt the need to defend and explain yourself, but as Helen already stated lets move on from this discussion and lets focus on the thread. Perhaps you can post your feelings on something more relevant to the issue another time.
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    the problem is Matt, the people who are refuting your points are girls and women...

It's like I loudly proclaim, dogs can't bark and a second later a dog comes running in and barks and I try to convince the masses that they can't.

You think to know better what's on a girls mind as the girl itself. It's laughable, period.
This discussion has been closed.