Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

live in cellar person

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
***pub/club name*** is looking for a full time, live in cellar person for immediate start. Duties include daily cellar maintainance, stock ordering, deliveries, fridge stocking etc...

what does this job advertisement mean when it says 'live in celler person'?
they want me to live in a cellar??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They want you to live on the premises i.e. in the pub, I would guess.
    The way I interpret that advert is with an extra comma...so it says live in, cellar person. I.e you live on the premises (not necessarily the cellar!!) and work in the cellar/ cellar related duties.
    silverhalo wrote: »
    The way I interpret that advert is with an extra comma...so it says live in, cellar person. I.e you live on the premises (not necessarily the cellar!!) and work in the cellar/ cellar related duties.

Which is what I read it as.
    Either that or they need a little rat-weasel person to lock in the cellar and amuse them from time to time :thumb:
    chortle. little rat person.
    Either that or they need a little rat-weasel person to lock in the cellar and amuse them from time to time :thumb:

It's a local pub, for local people, eh Tibbs?
    A cellar man is a live in pub worker - My friend is a qualified cellar man. You are responsible for incoming beer orders, stock control, cleaning the beer lines and making sure all the food hygiene standards are adhered to. Nice work if you can get it! :)

lol. If they're willing to pay an hourly rate for...
    A cellar man is a live in pub worker - My friend is a qualified cellar man.

I wonder what that qualification looks like :p
    Its not as easy as it sounds Rich.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I wonder what that qualification looks like :p

According to Joolyknocker's comment it probably has Health and Safety aspects integrated with Food Hygiene qualifications and being able to estimate stock requirements- you'd probably have to be strong too but I doubt that goes on the qualification :p
    AFAIK in the pub trade it is a highly esteemed qualification (it just sounds a tad daft!)

I think it is offered as City & Guilds? It was about 4 years ago when my friend completed hers.
    Any job is tough, I meant normally you expect a qualificaiton in electrical engineering, or automobile servicing, not a qualification in pub cellar work :p. Just a funny name lol