Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

rape

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im not makeing ths story up this really happened to me. I was raped by some people at college a (girl and a boy) , right in the corridor infront of a croud of people and their friends filmed it. No teachers have been told yet and if they have, nothings being done. They said if I go to the police they will come to my house and gang rape me. they also said that will happen if I dont eat out the girl who did it before college ends. They know what my adress is. and I have a really bad feeling that no teachers have done anything because they have been threatened by the girls family, but that could just be paranoia. Its her and her six brothers who will apparently come to my house.
anyway, will something like a restraining order protect me from these people, I dont care if theyre not punished I just want to feel safe again.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Either way (to report or to get the order) you have to go to the police.
    OMG. Don't be scared of going to the police. Their threats are empty. It's the only way this will be sorted out. Please don't expect someone else to do it for you. Unfortunately we live in a society where if you want something doing and you want to feel safe, then you need to sort it. Go to the police. Go to the doctors. If possible, get a copy of the phone video as that's proof of this awful crime.
    if you don't do anything your playing right into their hands.
    go to the police or tell someone you trust. you've got to stand up for yourself.
    *hugs*
    They said if i go to the police they will definatly come. I fear its not an empty threat. she says thyere gangsters and dont care about going to prison. shes not from this counry, If she can do what she did to me she must have some kind of history. The police cant guard me at my house all the time.
    They said if i go to the police they will definatly come. I fear its not an empty threat.

i almost guarantee if you went to the police it would be an 'empty threat'. they would be arrested, evidence gathered such as the 'video phone' and witness statements, since you said lots of people saw what happened. they probably would not be given bail esp. so if she does have 'history' which automatically protects you from them, they would most likely remain in custody so you would be safe from them. from what you said it sounds as though there is a good amount of evidence which can be collected in your favour. its also a criminal offense to intimidate somebody, let alone rape them.
    how long ago did it happen?
    It happened at the beginning of march, I didnt know about it at the time though because I went into shock.. The memories have come back to me through flashbacks. Had I known what had happened at the time I would have taken photos of the moustache she painted on my face with my own menstural blood. But I assumed it was marmite at the time and didnt wsh ot off after breakfast or something.
    Dear goodness. Whereabouts in the UK are you? I'd recommend you do go to the police as otherwise they may continue. The police can do a lot to protect you.

All I can say is how sorry I am for you and how awful it must be. How old are you also?
    Im in the midlands, im 20 years old doing a retake year because my grades werent so good last time. what really sucks is exams are in six weeks and I have this on my mind, its hard to concentrate on revision.
    its your choice what you do but i'd advise you to report it to the police.
    at the end of the day they don't deserve to get away with it.
    also, it might sound like a dumb question, but how sure are you that the flashbacks are accurate? have you told anyone else besides these boards?
    These people are evil scum bags and need to be stopped before they do it to other people, if they haven't already.

Don't be scared by their intimidation, their doing it because they know if their found out their gonna be in a world of shit. If you report it to the police they won't be able to hurt you again, but while they are still roaming then streets they can.

Have a look at this from TheSite Reporting A Rape
    Im in the midlands, im 20 years old doing a retake year because my grades werent so good last time. what really sucks is exams are in six weeks and I have this on my mind, its hard to concentrate on revision.

fuck your revision. at the end of the day its entirely understandable why you cannot concentrate on it. if you were to inform you college what has happened to you i'm sure they would be understanding.
    im pretty sure its accurate because of the gestures they make to me when they taunt me. they put their hands into the same shape she did when she tried to fist me. she thought I was a virgin and did with the intetion of causing pain. there was definatley a boy involved too because there was cum stains on the inside of my trousers and the people who saw advised me to get a pregnancy test.
    Have you still got the stained trousers? If so keep them and do not wash them, you can give them to the police.
    its too late I wased them before I knew what it was. I assumed it was yougurt or somthing.
    im pretty sure its accurate because of the gestures they make to me when they taunt me. they put their hands into the same shape she did when she tried to fist me. she thought I was a virgin and did with the intetion of causing pain. there was definatley a boy involved too because there was cum stains on the inside of my trousers and the people who saw advised me to get a pregnancy test.

were you a virgin? - you should definitely do a pregnancy test, and also think about getting tested for any STDs.
    i know there is a lot for you to think about right now but try and stay on top of it.
    no i wasnt a virgin thankfully. and yea i went to the doctors and they reffered me to a sexual health clinic where I can get tested. Im not pregnant because ive had another period since then.
    and yea i went to the doctors and they reffered me to a sexual health clinic

did you tell you gp what happened?
    yea I told her everything, she says go the the police too. It was confidential so she coulnt tell for me.
    yea I told her everything, she says go the the police too. It was confidential so she coulnt tell for me.

tbh there isn't any different advice your going to get from anyone, everyone will tell you that the best thing to do is to report it. if your dr was the first person you told that also makes her an important witness. you're right she won't break confidentiality as you are 20 years old but you could ask her to break confidentiality if you did want to report it or if you didn't feel brave enough to do it all by yourself.
    how long after it happened did you tell your dr?
    Ive told my whole family and my best friend. Ive also told a support teacher, but I didnt remeber all the details when I told her. shes arranged for a meeting with the college authorities to see what can be done. The threats really intimidate me though . They said theyll blow my eyes out.
    shes arranged for a meeting with the college authorities to see what can be done. The threats really intimidate me though . They said theyll blow my eyes out.

unless you make it official by reporting it to the police i would doubt the 'college authorities' would do anything. i would think in order for them to so anything they would refer it to the police. they are not bound by confidentiality like your dr. they might regard the threats as bullying but what has happened to you is a serious criminal offense and requires the proper authorities to do something about it - that being the police not your college. i'd also assume from what you have said if the college authorities were to take any form of action, you'd be in greater danger, the college cannot protect you except during the hours you are in college unlike the police.
    I think they might call the police on my behalf. ill just see what happens, and ask for their advise on calling the police. I imagine college policy isnt light on rape.
    I think they might call the police on my behalf.
    i think thats quite likely.
    I imagine college policy isnt light on rape.
    no. but they won't take any action against the people involved like expelling them for example unless it is officially reported to the police and a case is made of it. though i'm sure they would talk to the perps.
    otter wrote: »
    "i almost guarantee if you went to the police it would be an 'empty threat'. they would be arrested, evidence gathered such as the 'video phone' and witness statements, since you said lots of people saw what happened."

What if the police dont think they would do it then dont protect me from it happening. they (the family) dont care about resraining orders.
    Don't worry, the police are there to protect you; tell them you feel intimidated and they should be able to help you.
    but could they stop it from happening?
    the rapists will go to prison.
    she will, but not her family. and what about when they get out?
    I guess it depends on what their doing and how serious it is, I guess an injunction of sorts could be taken out but you'd have to speak to the police to actually see what they could do or advise you to do.