Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nokia 6030 Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys. Anyone help? Mini-Ninjas phone has developed a problem. He can send texts but his phone has stopped receiving them. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had that with one of my old phones. Go to your network's store, and they'll sort it out in there :yes:.
    See if he can send a text to himself, if he can that indicates a problem with the person he sends it to. Get them to call up their network provider.

Failing that, try a 'cold reboot'. Take the battery out and the sim card whilst the handset's still powered on - refreshes conection to the network. Leave it out for about 5 seconds, then put it all back in and try again.

If he canny do that, phone up your network from a landline - so you have the phone free to fiddle with the instructions they tell you. It's most likely a message centre number issue with your network provider.
    Thanks Guys. I'll try all that when I get home. :)
    1983 wrote: »
    Failing that, try a 'cold reboot'. Take the battery out and the sim card whilst the handset's still powered on

Lmao, does that actually make sense or is it me been still half asleep. How can you take the battery out and keep the phone on :razz:
    It stays on for a split second before losing all power
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    CoolMe wrote: »
    It stays on for a split second before losing all power

Still thats not quick enough to manage to get the sim out before the phone powers off. I didn't realise that is what a "cold reboot" was. Its either got to be a centre number problem or a network problem IMO.

Ninjamaster have you tried using your sim in a different phone?
    Matteh wrote: »
    Lmao, does that actually make sense or is it me been still half asleep. How can you take the battery out and keep the phone on :razz:

But he's not saying that that will keep the phone on. He said whilst the phone is on remove the battery.
    ahh my bad
    But he's not saying that that will keep the phone on. He said whilst the phone is on remove the battery.

She!
    smitherz wrote: »
    Still thats not quick enough to manage to get the sim out before the phone powers off. I didn't realise that is what a "cold reboot" was. Its either got to be a centre number problem or a network problem IMO.

Ninjamaster have you tried using your sim in a different phone?

:/

I have worked for 3 Mobile for a year and a half, thanks.

You remove the battery, as this shocks the handset and it loses the original connection settings to the network, forcing it to refresh the connection settings once you power it on again (reboot), then you remove the sim card once it's powered off as well.

Leave it all out for a few seconds and try putting it back in.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    1983 wrote: »
    :/

I have worked for 3 Mobile for a year and a half, thanks.

You remove the battery, as this shocks the handset and it loses the original connection settings to the network, forcing it to refresh the connection settings once you power it on again (reboot), then you remove the sim card once it's powered off as well.

Leave it all out for a few seconds and try putting it back in.

From the way you explained it, it sounded as if you had to take the battery and sim out before the phone powers off. I wasn't doubting you, i was simply stating i DIDN'T know what a "cold reboot" was
    IIRC, there's a number on your phone that you need so that you can send text mesages. Check if the number is correct. (you may need to contact your network provider for this)