Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Toasters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is it with toasters? The last one we had and our current one you can't fit a full slice of bread in. We always end up with about an inch of bread sticking out of the top so therefore not toasting.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LOL that does my fuckin nut in
    Just use the oven grill. Does my head in too.
    Buy smaller bread. I found the invisible crust bread fits fine!
    Gah, that is my biggest pet hate.
    UGH.
    I knooooow, but I refuse to part with ours as it has the croissant and bagel wirey thing where it toasts it for you. Sexual.
    My Dad's swanky one has that problem, but my cheapo one that I won in a raffle doesn't. Even if it does have a dodgy fruit pattern, I love it for its toasting ability.
    You think that's bad, try toast in a hotel. I think they hold it under a lightbulb for a few seconds. I found that the Hilton chain is the worst for that.

And while I'm on this rant, how about you give me enough butter so that I can reach the edges of the toast FFS. Is that too much to ask?
    You think that's bad, try toast in a hotel. I think they hold it under a lightbulb for a few seconds. I found that the Hilton chain is the worst for that.

And while I'm on this rant, how about you give me enough butter so that I can reach the edges of the toast FFS. Is that too much to ask?

Yeh , i think they must use no more than a match or something - that's always annoyed me.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Damn toasters that dont do all the toast are so fucking annoying, its like they dont do what they are supposed to.

The one at Uni is superb though, takes 4 slices and does them all!
    Ou toaster is crap. It toasts some of the bread so that it is goldren brown, but most of it is left untoasted.

like what is with those tiny little packets of butter! rubbish! sack the chef! cut off his head!
    Wonder bread fits in the toaster perfectly :p:heart:
    my toaster makes one side like damp.
    and the other burned to a crisp it realy get me fucking mad coz like theres nowt in the house to eat and bread is usualy my last resort but now it aint
    Use a 4 slice toaster (so it's longer) and put the bread in sideways. Voila. Either that or buy smaller bread. It is annoying though, Usually I toast it and then turn it over and toast it for about half the time so the top toasts as well.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've never seen a toaster that was too small for toast... As far as I know, toast size is a standard one, and all toasters are made for this size too. That's very strange.