Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how long does....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
MDNA stay in your system for? I have taken pills on 3 different nights over the last 2 weeks, the last time was Friday 10th Aug. On saturday evening (18th Aug), after 2 lagers I felt like I was buzzing and felt like I was coming up again. Is it possible for the MDNA to be reactivated 8 days after you last took it?

I'll shoot your ego in a minute.....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MDMA (in its purest form) stays in the blood stream for about 4 days.

However pills these days never contain just MDMA, they usually have some MDMA by-product (ie. 2-cb/mda/mdea), filler agent, amphetamine, ketamine and several other ingredients...

Most of whats listed should be out of your system within a week...

As for the effects coming back with alcohol, yes they can appear slightly within 3 days but not to the effect of the whole pill being back upon you.

Remember that ecstasy is a stimulant and alcohol a depressant, if your a regular stimulant user then depressants will hit you harder and visa-versa, the body gradually builds up tolerances to posions you put in it if you use them regually, however this tolerance can fade if you slow/stop consumtion.
    thanks for the info. I think a lot of it is in the mind as well. Similar experiences to last saturday are when some wicked tunes get played somewhere that remind me of being right up there somewhere. I start to tingle and feel as though I'm about to come up. I've been taking pills for about 6 years as well (not so often these days) , but the effects are still pretty good, obviously better when I haven't had any for a while. The only other drug I do is coke, which I guess is a stimulant as well. So do you mean to say that if I take stimulants one weekend, alcohol will affect me more the next weekend even if I take no stimulants?

I'll shoot your ego in a minute.....
    experiences to last saturday are when some wicked tunes get played somewhere that remind me of being right up there somewhere. I start to tingle and feel as though I'm about to come up.

That happens to me quite frequently as well, if you think about it your mind is made up on memories and they shape how you view/see/react to different situations, when you hear/see/do something your mind builds up its own database (like a computer) and attaches like a memo saying what it thought of the event, your on ecstasy and that releases seretonin (one of the brains happiness chemicals) so in theory your brain should store that memory as enjoyable... When you hear/see/do that again your brain cross-refereces it with a previous memory and you feel happy/sad/afraid etc.

The only other drug I do is coke, which I guess is a stimulant as well.

Yes, Cocaine is both a central nervous system stimulant and an anaesthetic.

So do you mean to say that if I take stimulants one weekend, alcohol will affect me more the next weekend even if I take no stimulants?

As I said before, your body builds up a tolerance to posions you put inside it. If your a frequent alcohol user and you cut down then your body will slowly loose its tolerance levels and visa-versa with any other drugs... As your flipping weekly between drugs your giving your body approx 2 weeks recovery time between sessions on different types of drugs, A Stimulant high and Depressant high are completely different and fipping weekly between the two is very noticable and as you've said you used to be a frequent user and you've cut down so your tolerance levels will drop...

Hope that clears up a few things