Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Im hooked on pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im into pills and i know i SHOULD stop but i dont want to.What can i do? Last friday i went to a party but cant remeber what i did there.I could have slept with someone or killed someone and i wouldnt ever know.I do that i had a brill time.But i want to have a memory of when i go out.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definitely weird.

I've never had that happen at all. My memory for the night before is 10 thousand times better than for what happened a night on the piss.

Dunno, that is rather scarey. Only thing I can say is - if its bothering you then you have to figure out whether its worth it. Also you could be putting your life/health etc. in serious danger.
    If you still want to keep doing it maybe make sure you have a close dependable mate there with you at all times to keep an eye out for ya.
    I dont know about nebody else but i have never had an experience like that so it could mean something.
    Are you drinking while you are pilling?Because like trancegrrl said booze can affect your memory and that could be all thats wrong.
    If you aint pissed aswell then i would really try and stop doing pills beacause this could be a sign that you are afeected by pills in a different way to most people.And you could be damaging yourself.Because pills arent good for you at the best of times are they?!
    You havent mentioned how often you do them but if you're like me then its every week and so maybe you could take a break for a month or so to get your head straight.Then try again and see what happens.
    It has happened to me twice. I took these capsuals which my mate made from crushed up pills. I can remember everything up until I took the capsual and then I can't remember a thing. Apparently I was just in a trance all night and didn't say a thing. I think it could be because you are over doing it. Don't take a load at a time, just one and wait an hour and take the other one.
    Maybe I missed it, but could you tell us what kind of pills? It would really help in giving advice.

For example, withdrawl from some painkillers can be pretty nasty, and withdrawl from benzodiazepines (Valium, for example) is downright dangerous and should be medically supervised.

As someone else said, mixing alcohol and any pills is a bad idea, but I think just about any pill normally abused (amphetamines, benzos, opiates) will affect your memory if taken in a high enough dose.