Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cannabis or cigarettes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend told me that it was the tobacco you mixed with cannabis that gave you lung cancer, so cigarettes were therefore more harmful. Is this true? I thought that smoking cannabis was better than smoking normal fags (less addictive, more of a high, etc) in every way EXCEPT the risk of lung cancer. I'm confused - I've never smoked, done drugs or anything so I just don't have a clue! Does anyone know which is worse for you?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well personally I dont have a problem with puff and I think that in some cases people should b allowed to smopke it. However long term use and frequent use is meant to cause paranoia, mood swings, and other stuff but Im not sure of all of it. My brother is a heavy smoker and I no for him it has definatly caused a few of the above problems so I think its not just the tabaco that is the issue.
    yeah Cannabis up in till recently was thought to b safer.
    Unfortunately now, especially solid ahs been proved to cause lung problems.
    The same problem miners used to get breathing in coal dust... nasty illness... but weed is safer....
    depends really, some imported hash is mixed with binding chemicals and is very damaging, while some resin is made by mixing pollen and cannabis oil (very expensive, £300 an ounce or more). But bud and weed is are safe.