Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just a flying visit...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh my gooodness :D This is awesome.

teach them german! and travel with them to austria!!!!

horrah!

/e: oh, I just realized kilogram = pounds halved, not pounds doubles, so they were REALLY light.
    I weighed double as much as them in total, so don't complain it wasn't StrubbleS jr.
    :)

/e2: is that you on the pic after you just finished labour, or what? That's some excellent genes you passed onto your daughters ;)
  • Options
    Congratulations! They don't look like raisins on sticks, but they do look tiny.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Congratulations, Briggi.

Hope the babbas get bigger soon.
  • Options
    Oh! How shocked am I?!

Congratulations Briggi!
  • Options
    Jeeeeeeeezo.

How lush are you looking, lady?! Congratulations, beef the babs up and give extra cuddles since they thought they'd be placenta'd up to their eyeballs for another few weeks!
    xxx. :razz:
  • Options
    Well done Briggi they are gorgeous and you look so well! I love the names by the way :yippe:
  • Options
    I have to agree with everyone else in that you look pretty damn amazing after just giving birth! Your babies are beautiful **sending baby growing vibes** How long do they estimate before you can take them home? or does it just depend? Hope everything goes really well!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Oh congratulations! :yippe:

Terribly light though don't you think?

I accually got baby weights and cricket bat weights mixed up, I was thinking hmmmm medium.

Congratulations on Your bats.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I'm under no illusions that everyone except Stephen, myself and the grandparents will probably think they look like raisins on sticks.

Water off a duck's back, though no one has tested the truth of that by calling them "ugly" yet... it has to be said ;)

I am back off to the hospital in a moment to go crazy paparazzo-style on them, at the moment I only have photos of print outs the SCBU nurses gave me when we left hospital no.1, so they ain't too grand but they'll haveta do...

Oh noes!!!! More ugly babies!! (joke) They are very cute and slightly molish.
  • Options
    Like everyone said, congratulations and best wishes to your whole family.
  • Options
    Awwww briggi, they are the loveliest ever set of twins, they look so tiny but they'll certainly grow, you'll see.

And congratulations woman, you just pushed out TWO babies AT ONCE! (I still can't seem to get over that idea if I picture myself doing it...)

I'm sending my best baby-growth vibes I can and also sending much love to you :heart::heart:. Hope everything and everyone es ok.
  • Options
    *hugs*

Hope you and the twins get better real soon!
  • Options
    they're beautiful...congratulations!
  • Options
    Awww briggi they're lovely :D. All the best babies are premature anyway :yes:. And you do look as stunning as always :).

I just want to come and give them little tinybabycuddles :o. But I will have to settle for what everyone else is doing and sending growing vibes instead :).

Hope you're all ok and things like that :).

Can I still babysit :o?
  • Options
    Congrats!! They are sooooooooooooo tiny. Reminds me of the photos of me when I was born weighing in at 2 & 1/2 lbs!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh wow... congratulations! And I was wondering why you'd disappeared.

They're very tiny, but so cute! :) I hope they grow soon and you can take them back home.
  • Options
    congratulations! :heart:
  • Options
    OMG. That's early. Hope Mr Briggi has recovered from that little shock, I'm sure he was still in the complacency state of mind - "ah it's weeks away yet" :)

You are looking well in the pictures and the babes are beauts.

My god though, I have enough fun with one. Two would send me loopy.
  • Options
    oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for your briggi, they're beautiful. i hope everything is still going well. beautiful names too. aw im really excited for you now, feeling a bit emotional hehe.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    oh my gooodness :D This is awesome.

teach them german! and travel with them to austria!!!!

horrah!

/e: oh, I just realized kilogram = pounds halved, not pounds doubles, so they were REALLY light.
    I weighed double as much as them in total, so don't complain it wasn't StrubbleS jr.
    :)

/e2: is that you on the pic after you just finished labour, or what? That's some excellent genes you passed onto your daughters ;)

Yes they are REALLY light, I'm not too well versed on kilos but I think they were just over 1kg or something like that at birth. Oh, and rest assured they'll be going on tour in Europe as soon as it's possible ;)
    Sugar wrote: »
    I have to agree with everyone else in that you look pretty damn amazing after just giving birth! Your babies are beautiful **sending baby growing vibes** How long do they estimate before you can take them home? or does it just depend? Hope everything goes really well!

Thank you :) They haven't given us a time span, not even estimated, and I wouldn't really want to know anyway at such an early point in time -- I think it would just be too upsetting to be told they could come home on a certain date and then for it not to be possible. I think for Astrid it will probably be a matter of weeks rather than months as she is still progressing incredibly well, but nonetheless she is still very small . Silvia will have to have spinal surgery at some point in the near future and even that can't happen until she is a wee bit better than she is just at the moment. She's being very well looked after and doted on by Grandparents [and the rest!] so the outlook is definitely positive, but I think her homecoming will probably be signifigantly later than her sister's.

Thank you all for your kind words and best wishes, it's really very much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Wow Briggi. You've made me feel emotional again, almost in tears! They are absolutely adorable and congratulations :)
  • Options
    Thanks chickadee, I'll have more photos next time I'm around... will have to hunt down that baby photo thread :thumb:
  • Options
    any update on thier progress/weights? sending happy *grow*ing thoughts their way.

x
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I also take a lot of comfort (though this is a bit harsh) that they're not the smallest in this SC unit

Congratulations!! Were you expecting them so early?

I felt the same as you when my son was in NICU, knowing that my son wasn't the sickest, you start comparing your child to all the others. He had a good birthweight of just under 9lb but was in there because of his poor apgar score, low blood sugars, jaundice etc. The staff were fab and fortunately he wasn't in there for too long. It's quite a scary experience though and ever since I have had a monthly direct debit going out to BLISS!
  • Options
    Awwwwww!! They are absolutely gorgeous!!:heart: Hope you are all doing well!!
  • Options
    What a shock :shocking: Hope you and your other half are ok. Your girls are in the best hands possible, and although they are tiny they look perfectly formed. Congratulations, they are gorgeous! Good luck and plenty of *hugs* :D
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Were you expecting them so early?

I felt the same as you when my son was in NICU, knowing that my son wasn't the sickest, you start comparing your child to all the others. He had a good birthweight of just under 9lb but was in there because of his poor apgar score, low blood sugars, jaundice etc. The staff were fab and fortunately he wasn't in there for too long. It's quite a scary experience though and ever since I have had a monthly direct debit going out to BLISS!

Expecting, no... told to expect, yeah kind of. Without going into the gory details it became glaringly obvious that their births were imminent a few days beforehand - hence my being admitted and put on full bedrest. A few things were tried to keep them in there/slow things down but when they're coming they're coming.

I am still comparing them to the others in their suite, it seems to be an unavoidable feeling and I'm sure all the other mothers are looking at my girls thinking their babies are doing better (they aren't :razz:). They are continuing to do very well! Though when I went back yesterday afternoon they had moved Astrid to another room without telling me. Furious isn't the word, I've never felt as bad as I did when I walked in and the bed was empty. Christ.

Stephy - hello! :wave: I had a bit of a wobble about Silvia's name the other day but I'm happy with what we chose for them. They suit the names! Was a bit pissed off the other day when Stephen's dad arrived from Sicily for his first joyous visit and his first comment was "what? like arschtritt?" He's a bloody moron.
  • Options
    I think you chose lovely names and I'm glad to hear they are doing well, don't forget to look after yourself too though!

I can't decide on names, if my son has his way my new arrival will be called something like YuGiOh, Avatar or maybe even SpongeBob :( LOL
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    Briggi how do you manage to look so good so soon after given birth? Dam you, you beautiful person you :p

That's what I was thinking lol. After birth glow I guess. They look gorgeous briggi, really made me smile :) congratulations!

I can only imagine your heart stopping when you went in and they'd moved Astrid! So long as all is well though :)
  • Options
    I think you chose lovely names and I'm glad to hear they are doing well, don't forget to look after yourself too though!

I can't decide on names, if my son has his way my new arrival will be called something like YuGiOh, Avatar or maybe even SpongeBob :( LOL

You'll think of something, maybe you just need to see him/her first. I know we were set on different names until we saw them. Did you [or are you going to] find out the sex? How far along are you now?

Ooh nice of you to say ShyBoy, you ole charmer you ;)