Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Single 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
following on from Namaste's thread....iv never been in a long term relationship either, and I do love being single cos I get to do what I want when I want...and the guilt free flirting's awesome as well.

But sometimes I wake up wishing I had someone waking up with me....and this is wierd bcos i have issues with sharing my bed with someone(....as in literally i feel like im being crowded out of my personal space when i sleep with someone on my bed!!) i also feel like that a bit when im watching certain movies.....(yeah yeah...the cheesy comedy romance ones!)

does anyone else who's single n really honestly enjoying it feel this 'twinge' sometimes? or are they happy to be single right now no matter what?

Comments

• Options
    I get that sometimes too. Suppose you just want to say to everyone "look I've got a girlfriend/boyfriend" or whatever but I'm content enough as it is.
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote: »
    following on from Namaste's thread....iv never been in a long term relationship either, and I do love being single cos I get to do what I want when I want...and the guilt free flirting's awesome as well.

But sometimes I wake up wishing I had someone waking up with me....and this is wierd bcos i have issues with sharing my bed with someone(....as in literally i feel like im being crowded out of my personal space when i sleep with someone on my bed!!) i also feel like that a bit when im watching certain movies.....(yeah yeah...the cheesy comedy romance ones!)

does anyone else who's single n really honestly enjoying it feel this 'twinge' sometimes? or are they happy to be single right now no matter what?

Is it a comfort to tell you that when you're in a relationship, and are being dragged around halfords/topshop (delete as appropriate to indicate your idea of hell) for the umpteenth time that sometimes, just sometimes, you wish you were single?
  • Options
    I'm not happy being single - I prefer to have someone but I prefer tobe single that in a shit relationship.
    Even when I'm in a rel. I do what I want when I want but a lot of that includes my other half. I like to have lots of friends time too though.
  • Options
    Yeah i get it. Especially as a lot of my friends are in relationships at the moment. One of them is going out with one of my housemates so that really brings it home.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Yeah i get it. Especially as a lot of my friends are in relationships at the moment. One of them is going out with one of my housemates so that really brings it home.

Yea I only usually get it if my friends are in relationships. If we're all single then it's great, but most of them are coupled up at the moment, and during the last long-term relationship I had they were all single :yeees: typical
  • Options
    Im living on my own for the summer now in a massive house and when Im sitting there in the evening after Iv finished my dinner and theres nothing on tv I feel really lonely!!:(
    And I cant ring my mate cos hes always got his girlfriend round with him........hes a wanker though cos he always likes to point out how I never get girlfriends,hes got a girlfriend and hes getting sex.Git.
  • Options
    I'm really happy being single right now. This shocks alot of my friends as in the past I've been like "omfg, I'm single, *cries*" but I am actually really happy. I don't have time for a boyfriend right now. I've got my finals coming up, I'm about to graduate (hopefully!), I'm moving to a different area in 2 months time and I've got to find a job as well as making new friends in this new area. I also spend quite alot of time with my friends going out.

As selfish as it sounds, I'd rather just concentrate on myself rather than having to think about anyone else and having to arrange MY LIFE around THEIRS.

I'm happy enough just having fun with boys. I doubt I'll stop enjoying being single until I've settled down tbh.
  • Options

I'm happy enough just having fun with boys. I doubt I'll stop enjoying being single until I've settled down tbh.

I think 'fun' would make me feel better because it's been a longtime. But i just find myself in those situations. Possibly because apparantly its supposed to be the guy who approaches. I dont really do that.
  • Options
    I think 'fun' would make me feel better because it's been a longtime. But i just find myself in those situations. Possibly because apparantly its supposed to be the guy who approaches. I dont really do that.

Tbh, I don't really think about it.

Boys approach me most of the time. However, I approach boys sometimes, I'm confident enough too. Its all about confidence in my opinion:yes:

Also, alot of the boys I end up pulling I know through a friend so we just end up talking anyways when we are out in groups.
  • Options
    Tbh, I don't really think about it.

Boys approach me most of the time. However, I approach boys sometimes, I'm confident enough too. Its all about confidence in my opinion:yes:

Also, alot of the boys I end up pulling I know through a friend so we just end up talking anyways when we are out in groups.

People tried to make me talk to girls last night and it was nerve wracking. I just cant approach a random i like the look of. :no: It blows.
  • Options
    I've been single for what seems like a very long time now. I get the odd twinge of wanting to be in relationships, especially as about 2/3 of the people I work for are loved up. I just have to much going on in my life right now to even think about dating, never mind a relationship.
  • Options
    I'm really happy being single right now. This shocks alot of my friends as in the past I've been like "omfg, I'm single, *cries*" but I am actually really happy. I don't have time for a boyfriend right now. I've got my finals coming up, I'm about to graduate (hopefully!), I'm moving to a different area in 2 months time and I've got to find a job as well as making new friends in this new area. I also spend quite alot of time with my friends going out.

As selfish as it sounds, I'd rather just concentrate on myself rather than having to think about anyone else and having to arrange MY LIFE around THEIRS.

yeah see...im in the same boat as u at the mo...about to graduate - hopefully- am moving to a new place in a couple of months, n pretty excited about it!!!..hanging with friends...busy with work ..n liking work too...n i like the fact that i get to do things on MY schedule without having to account for anyone else!!

but i still wish sometimes that i did have a man...like when im watching a corny movie by myself...
    but overall im quite happy with my life at the mo...

and Renzo, about approaching people n feeling confident...iv heard that if u pretend u r the most confident person around..then u kinda start to feel more confident!!..it's worked for me before!!:yes:
  • Options
    well after a long term r.ship i randomly got dumped out of the blue, it'll be a yr ago this may 2nd. But if im honest, its the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I was with this guy whilst i sat my GCSE's and i did really badly, after we broke up though, i got amazing results in my AS levels, i learnt to drive and passed my test within a matter of months, ive got a fantastic job which i love, in on track to go to uni and do a great course which should lead me to a job i want. I have some of the best friends ive ever had, ive grown up more than i would have thought. So in the long run its worked out for me to be single this last year, i get to go out to town and snog random blokes without it mattering. I get to flirt and what not with blokes from work, yes i've done a few things i shouldn't have like, sleep with a married man, but i've only ever put myself first so that i can become who im supposed to be and make myself 100% happy.

Yes i do get extremely lonely and wish i was in a r.ship, because i miss just having someone to think about, and having someone i know is always thinking about me. But then i wouldn't sacrafice my future for anyone.

At the end of the day being single works for me right now, even if that means i am lonely, but to be honest, i cannot wait for the day i start to fall in love again...
  • Options
    People tried to make me talk to girls last night and it was nerve wracking. I just cant approach a random i like the look of. :no: It blows.

tell them you like eddie izzard :heart:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    tell them you like eddie izzard :heart:

That's a really good idea!! :) Then yoou can start off laughing about funny lines...then you've got her laughing and feeling good around you...and you're in! :thumb:
  • Options
    well me ive been single for bout 2 weeks now i think but the girl i was with before yh it was fun having someone to hold and hug and kiss and get up to no good with but i realy miss that i realy missbeing able to do all the stuff we did before and for me being single.....it sucks so bad but some times she thinks that im aer some other girl and its like......well heres the dialouge of the conversation
    ex: so then you after any girls lately

me: erm no i need to get over you first before i even attempt go out with a other girl

ex: yeh what ever dude just go along with live without me im just a stupid girl

me: (sighs) you may of found it easy to get over me and move on but obviusly i aint and i love you if it matters to you still (sighs once again) you cant getover some one you love as much as i loved you so easily

and thats it and its like a constant reminder of the good times witch i aint be feeling for a long time it sux so much so in my case no i hate beeing single and i dnt even know how to flirt so im screwed there
  • Options
    well me ive been single for bout 2 weeks now i think but the girl i was with before yh it was fun having someone to hold and hug and kiss and get up to no good with but i realy miss that i realy missbeing able to do all the stuff we did before and for me being single.....it sucks so bad but some times she thinks that im aer some other girl and its like......well heres the dialouge of the conversation

me: erm no i need to get over you first before i even attempt go out with a other girl

me: (sighs) you may of found it easy to get over me and move on but obviusly i aint and i love you if it matters to you still (sighs once again) you cant getover some one you love as much as i loved you so easily

and thats it and its like a constant reminder of the good times witch i aint be feeling for a long time it sux so much so in my case no i hate beeing single and i dnt even know how to flirt so im screwed there

You don't know how to flirt? So how did you land your ex? You must have done something right....:thumb:
  • Options
    What a bunch of lonely hearts.:razz:
    As for the approaching thing................good god its terrifying!!:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: I would have had so much more luck with women if Id tried to start a conversation instead of hiding on the opposite side of the club..........:banghead: :blush:
  • Options

How old are you?
  • Options
    I like being single, it suits me. Nobody else has to suffer if I fuck up, I still like going out, getting wasted, not having a clue what I did and not having to worry that there's a girl that I hope I haven't cheated on while I was wasted.

My life changes quite a lot too (job, where I live, finances are a bit up and down) so a drink, a dance and an occasional shag suits me fine. There's a girl I know and I've been with that's pretty much perfect for me, but she's far far away and it's a bit complicated but again things are changing all the time so you never know. It'd have to be something pretty special like that to tear me away from my singledom :)
  • Options
    I've been single for about a year and a half, I've done the whole long term thign and to be honest deep down I know right now I couldn't settle down. I had a fuck buddy there but I think I miss the regular contact with a guy as opposed to actually wanting a boyfriend. I get the twinge from time to time but I'm happy just..."pottering about" :flirt:
  • Options
    They are pretty good but I hate all the texting and and seeing each other 24/7. I need a casual but monogamous relationship I think, that would be fine.
  • Options
    I'd love to be in a relationship, even tho I have my unique view of a relationship to be right for me. Maybe I'm just saying that, because there is nobody I'm really in love with atm, and that's usually pretty rare eitherwise, just your random infatuations.

I need a lot of space and a really chilled out girlfriend, there is little I hate as much as stress and I just can't be bothered with that. My ideal relationship should be very very similar with the friendships I have with girls, therefore I frequently fall for my friends.

I dislike being single, but I know I am even more unsatisfied in a relationship that's not how I imagine it. I am complicated...