Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just a flying visit...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
... to let any interested parties know that I had my babies on Sunday (Easter Sunday, the irony is not lost) and though they have arrived far too early and kindly introduced me to a brand new WORLD OF PAIN they are utterly delightful and enchanting and I am on cloud 14 at least.

We have named them Astrid Evadne and Silvia Maude, obviously they are both first and middle names as I haven't disappeared entirely up my own arse... yet :thumb:

Silvia was born at 7.56am (so I'm told, I can't say I was looking at the time) weighing 2lbs 1oz and measuring 14 inches long. Astrid took her own sweet time following and was born twenty minutes later at 8.16am. She weighed 2lb 7oz at birth and was 15 1/2 inches long (though her weight went down to 2lb 5oz as she was very swollen at first - beautiful!).

It's going to be a bit of a journey to say the least. Depending entirely on their progress we're looking at weeks on weeks in special care -- that Silvia will be there longer than Astrid is entirely possible for a number of reasons. BUT it's damn good to have them here, felicitations all round... well actually to me and me alone, since I squeezed 'em out :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh my god! I did wonder that I hadn't seen you about, and thought I was being daft! But congratulations briggi, hope alls OK :)
  • Options
    Oh congratulations! :yippe:

Terribly light though don't you think?
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    ... to let any interested parties know that I had my babies on Sunday (Easter Sunday, the irony is not lost) and though they have arrived far too early and kindly introduced me to a brand new WORLD OF PAIN they are utterly delightful and enchanting and I am on cloud 14 at least.

We have named them Astrid Evadne and Silvia Maude, obviously they are both first and middle names as I haven't disappeared entirely up my own arse... yet :thumb:

Silvia was born at 7.56am (so I'm told, I can't say I was looking at the time) weighing 2lbs 1oz and measuring 14 inches long. Astrid took her own sweet time following and was born twenty minutes later at 8.16am. She weighed 2lb 7oz at birth and was 15 1/2 inches long (though her weight went down to 2lb 5oz as she was very swollen at first - beautiful!).

It's going to be a bit of a journey to say the least. Depending entirely on their progress we're looking at weeks on weeks in special care -- that Silvia will be there longer than Astrid is entirely possible for a number of reasons. BUT it's damn good to have them here, felicitations all round... well actually to me and me alone, since I squeezed 'em out :)

Awww...congrats! :yippe: Gorgeous names by the way....hope you're doing OK....and hope the little ones progress well...:thumb:
  • Options
    Oh my god Briggi, congrats and best of luck to you and both the babies.

I can't really think of anything else to say right now.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

They were reeally early, silly!!! :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Woo!
  • Options
    Woo and Yay.
  • Options
    Congratulations Briggi.

All the best :thumb:
  • Options
    How early were they?

Do they fit in your pocket?

Well done :D
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

You don't say! :p They're very light indeed, very tiny too but they were only 27 1/2 weeks so that's to be expected. They're in the best of hands, which is the most we can ask for now.

Thanks loves :)
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    How early were they?

Am sure someone said the other day her due date was July..... could be wrong.

Edit: Beaten to it. :)
  • Options
    27 and a half weeks makes them 13 weeks early
  • Options
    Oh that's great news. Best of luck with the rest of your life with them (he says worryingly thinking about how he'd cope with two of the screaming messy bundles of joy).
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    27 and a half weeks makes them 13 weeks early

Lol thanks for that...i'll have to put away my calculator now.
  • Options
    Fuck me. Wow I was really shocked to read that first line!

Briggi, I hope all three of you are ok, like you said they are in the best of hands.

So congratulations :) and hugs too. :heart:
  • Options
    Was it Buy One Get One Free day at the hospital ? :D

Well done Briggs :)
  • Options
    Congrats Briggi! hope you and the twins are doing well
  • Options
    All the best babies were born 13 weaks early tbh ^^^^^^

Well done darling, all the best for the three of you :thumb:
  • Options
    Goodness me, that is very early, hope you're all doing ok.

Congratulations to you and your man! Beautiful names by the way :)
  • Options
    Yeah, 13 weeks... lucky for some (I hope) :)

It's not quite as scary as it might've been as I was told I'd probably be induced if I got past 34 weeks anyway, and 38 weeks is normal gestation for twins. So 11 weeks, really. Ah what the hell, semantics!

Thanks for the congrats, and hugs are always good too ;)
  • Options
    Oh that's great news. Best of luck with the rest of your life with them (he says worryingly thinking about how he'd cope with two of the screaming messy bundles of joy).

:lol: I missed this, thanks for that vote of confidence!
  • Options
    Oh wow, many congratulations, and hope everything stays well with all three of you :)

xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations xx.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness Briggi! Hope it wasn't too much of a shock for you?

Beautiful names, sending lots of positive developmental vibes to your bebes, I'm sure they'll progress a little more with each day
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Oh my goodness Briggi! Hope it wasn't too much of a shock for you?

Beautiful names, sending lots of positive developmental vibes to your bebes, I'm sure they'll progress a little more with each day

Shock is understating it. But it was the best traumatic, mind-altering, blood-drenched experience I've had to date, I must say ;)

Thank you, you're right it's definitely a case of taking things a day at a time. They're trying their best, growing must be more difficult than it's cracked up to be!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Wow briggi - I'm supposed to be starting chat, but I'm sure they won't mind me being late to reply to this. Congratulations lady, and big hugs to you.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Oh wow sweetie, I thought you were ignoring me, but now I understand all hehe!

I am so pleased for you, keep me updated! :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Shock is understating it. But it was the best traumatic, mind-altering, blood-drenched experience I've had to date, I must say ;)

Thank you, you're right it's definitely a case of taking things a day at a time. They're trying their best, growing must be more difficult than it's cracked up to be!

I know that pregnancy is the birth of unsolicited advice ;) but a friend of the family had twin boys quite early, and she kept a small diary of weight gain, or tubes taken out etc. she said it was a great help when she had days where she was feeling down because she was able to look back and see how much they progressed.

I'm sure they're their mother's daughters so are determined to grow :D
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Wow briggi - I'm supposed to be starting chat, but I'm sure they won't mind me being late to reply to this. Congratulations lady, and big hugs to you.

Stopping traffic (or chats) from the start. That's my girls ;) Thanks Helen!
  • Options
    Congratulations Briggi!