Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Methyl parahydroxybenzoate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I think this is a load of crap but my mate stumbled accross my dog's insulun the other day and saw that it had methyl parahydroxybenzoate in it. He said you could get a buzz off it if you injected yourself with enough of it.

But this is animal medicine (mind you, so was Ketamine) so surely this is crazy?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Ok I think this is a load of crap but my mate stumbled accross my dog's insulun the other day and saw that it had methyl parahydroxybenzoate in it. He said you could get a buzz off it if you injected yourself with enough of it.

But this is animal medicine (mind you, so was Ketamine) so surely this is crazy?

:lol:

It does sound crazy.

Let your poor dog have its insulin in peace :D
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I wouldn't inject that. Not to mention it sounds a bit skanky too. Its dog medicine for a reason and that way it shall stay
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lol I completely agree. Don't worry, I wasn't planning on using it because then my dog could die! I was just curious as to whether my mate was talking shit or not.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It is a mold-inhibitor and a popular preservative for food and cosmetics.
    from Wikipedia...