Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My troubles went up my nose

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been getting heavily into escapism via drugs and booze right now, my life is going majorley shit, I can't think of anything else to block it all out. Help anyone?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dunno... I tried giving up the drug n drink way out but it doesnt work
    It's no good just trying to give drugs etc. up - you have to replace it, fill your life with something else. citrus if you can don't get into doing that just to escape, it won't help and will make things worse. Why don't you make a start by telling us what your problems are, then we might be able to help more.

The best way to deal with all this is to talk to people and get help facing your problems, rather than hiding from them. I know it's hard, but talk and we can help you start.
    I agree with u on that one JB. Most people with drugs problems find that when they talk things through and get to the underlying problem the drugs will follow. U already realise that your drug use is a form of escapism so I think if u were to get out whatever it is thats beneath it all your drug use will probably become easier to sort out.
    I also tend to use drugs for this reason and I no thats why I was on em heavy in the past. It wasnt just that for me though coz I cant deny that I simply love em but when it came to getting off my face every hour of the day, it was clear there was more to it.