Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're still trying to get rid of your ex then the best thing to do is block & delete him.
    a bit but hes not the sole cause i dont think-im really sorry-i dont know whats going on in my head-i wish i was dead

*hug*

don't say that. you'll be ok

sounds like you need to cut the ties with your ex to feel better though.
    everyone would be better off if i was gone-i wouldnt be a problem to anyone anymore-id be rid of him for good and everyone would be able toget on with their lives
    HP: Cut the ties with your ex. Every single one. Staying in touch will only do you more harm then good. Only way I could get over mine.

Some people dont like holidays as it takes them away from their normal routine. Me and Christmas isnt a good combination for that reason.
    im sorry for being a pain to everyone
    im sorry for being a pain to everyone

You're not a pain, you know that because i've told you several times :)

This ex on MSN is it the one who said you 'owe him sex' ? Just block him. You need some serious me time HP. It can be difficult for some people to put themselves first but you really need to start thinking of your own mental health first and not accomodating the feelings of others when you feel like a bag of shit.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    You're not a pain, you know that because i've told you several times :)

This ex on MSN is it the one who said you 'owe him sex' ? Just block him. You need some serious me time HP. It can be difficult for some people to put themselves first but you really need to start thinking of your own mental health first and not accomodating the feelings of others when you feel like a bag of shit.

there are to many people who have to come first-i have no right to think of myself really and at the moment im putting myself to much at the front-i am a pain to everyone and should probably just end it all-it would be for the best-im really sorry to everyone-take care
    there are to many people who have to come first-i have no right to think of myself really and at the moment im putting myself to much at the front-i am a pain to everyone and should probably just end it all-it would be for the best-im really sorry to everyone-take care
    I'm sorry you feel this way hp and I hope you havent done anything drastic. Things can become very clouded at times but remember that the sun will come out again and in time you will look back and wonder why the things that are bothering you now were such a problem. Changing your routene and doing something different can work wonders, take up some kind of activity or class? it just adds a whole new side to your personality and can bring out a lot of happiness/talent/confidence/new friends.
    i would just like to say to everyone im very sorry about last night-i hope everyones ok-sorry
    theres no need to apologise.
    glad you feel better :)
    i'm so stupidly paranoid at the moment and its driving me insane, i have like no close friends other than my boyfriend at the moment, and i just feel like i have no one to talk to. And im too stupid to even try and make friends with people cause im so sure they're all talking about me behind my back and that if i ask them if they wanna do something they'll just laugh in my face. And i dont feel i can talk to my boyfriend cause i dont wanna worry or upset him, cant talk to my mum cause she thinks im all better now. I feel so isolated
    i'm so stupidly paranoid at the moment and its driving me insane, i have like no close friends other than my boyfriend at the moment, and i just feel like i have no one to talk to. And im too stupid to even try and make friends with people cause im so sure they're all talking about me behind my back and that if i ask them if they wanna do something they'll just laugh in my face. And i dont feel i can talk to my boyfriend cause i dont wanna worry or upset him, cant talk to my mum cause she thinks im all better now. I feel so isolated

I'm sure you must be feeling shit at the moment. But talk to your boyfriend, he would want you to talk to him and he will do his best to help you. Hiding things from people wont help you.

Why are you feeling so paranoid? Has anything happened recently to make you feel so paranoid?

:thumb:
    I've booked myself an appt at the drs on thurs to go back on ADs coz I'm feeling completely mental atm and I wanna stop it before I do some damage. I have no idea why I'm posting this. I guess I'm a bit nervous and need encouragement given that I've decided not to tell any of my friends ( they always spaz out more than me and shit ).
    I just wanted to say that I was very happy to find the "Minimising Self Harm" article up on the main site. While I am somewhat opposed to cutting, I realise that it is sometimes unavoidable and think it's much better for someone to do it with the proper safety information. I have cut regularly in the past and am now easing out of it. Around here (the United States) most information given out (at least to teenagers) is very uniformly anti-cutting, and there is no kind of safety information, ever. Personally, I think this makes everything worse. So cheers to the "TheSite" team for putting that up.
    I've booked myself an appt at the drs on thurs to go back on ADs coz I'm feeling completely mental atm and I wanna stop it before I do some damage. I have no idea why I'm posting this. I guess I'm a bit nervous and need encouragement given that I've decided not to tell any of my friends ( they always spaz out more than me and shit ).

You know your own mental health better then anyone. If you need AD's or some kind of support then its your choice to make. hope it goes okay.
    I feel kinda empty
    whats up?
    Just feel a bit buried under work and have no motivation to do it. but at the same time feel bad if I don't do it. It seems as of late, I've given up caring about my grade and think "whats the point?"

sorry if this seems moany, just venting.

thanks for replying hyperperson :)
    Just feel a bit buried under work and have no motivation to do it. but at the same time feel bad if I don't do it. It seems as of late, I've given up caring about my grade and think "whats the point?"

Have you tried having a couple of days away from work? Not looking at it not thinking about it and then going back. Used to help me sometimes.

thanks for replying hyperperson :)

dont worry your allowed to moan and why wouldnt i reply
    I have. Its just really demanding and stressful and I don't think im up to it.
    You know your own mental health better then anyone. If you need AD's or some kind of support then its your choice to make. hope it goes okay.

cheers:)
    I have. Its just really demanding and stressful and I don't think im up to it.

You are up to it. No matter how shit it is you can do it.
    I appreciate the vote of confidence :)

You've said it, so it will save me having to write it out. I feel exactly the same. I think i envy the people who don't feel bad about not doing it.

I'm self harming more frequently then i have in a long while and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like i just need to stop for a week or so, when all the stress from work is gone and i can't calm down for a bit. It's not going to happen, but that's what i feel like i need.
    i'm just not worth life-i wrote that once at my worst and i feel it again-how you feeling today
    im such an idiot- iharmed last night and agin this morning-two weeks down the drain-im such a loser-my friend was trying to make sure i didnt she kept texting me so that i would be distracted but it didnt work-i told her to leave me alone and i pushed her away too much-im sure she hates me now-i hate me now-even more than i have ever done-i wish i was dead-i told her i should be dead-im sure she agrees-im such a loser-im sorry
    Why do you all put so much pressure on yourselves to stop harming? It only increases your stress and makes you feel a failure if u do end up doing it.
    Its a coping method, you shouldnt punish yourselves for trying to cope. Concentrate on trying to help yourselves with the underlying cause of it.
    Sikorah wrote: »
    Why do you all put so much pressure on yourselves to stop harming? It only increases your stress and makes you feel a failure if u do end up doing it.
    Its a coping method, you shouldnt punish yourselves for trying to cope. Concentrate on trying to help yourselves with the underlying cause of it.

:yes: I try not to do put pressure on myself to stop - I will harm myself if I feel the need to, but do normally really think about it (15 minute rule type thing) before doing it.