Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Songs that bring back memories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What songs bring back memories for you?I remember one christmas I got ozzy osbournes ozzmosis album and it was a really wierd sounding album and whenever I hear anything that sounds remotely like it I remember sitting in my freezing cold room reading the roald dahl pelican something book or playing with my new duke nukem toys!!:yippe:
Also the music off metal gear solid one( im such a nerd)brings back SOOOOOOO many memories and feelings too actually....:chin:
Anyone else got any songs that bring back good times?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    #Let's all go down the Strand, have a banana# :D
  • Options
    Pretty much any ja rule tune from a few years back
    nore - nothing
    keith murray - yeah yeah u know it
    madhouse - like a prayer
    dj sammy - we're in heaven
    vibes & wishdokta - rush hour
    nakatomi - children of the night
    ...seriously this list could be endless so i'm going to stop here
  • Options
    Theres an Usher song that was played every time i shagged my ex. Every time i hear it it makes my skin crawl :yuck:
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Theres an Usher song that was played every time i shagged my ex. Every time i hear it it makes my skin crawl :yuck:

:lol: I can't listen to any songs by 'The Lighthouse' anymore because whenever I went round to see my ex, he would play those tunes to drown out the noise so nobody could hear us. Makes me cringe too everytime I hear those songs.

There's also a song by Britney Spears called 'Toxic' that I can't listen to :o

Theres lots of other songs that remind me of my younger years :razz:
  • Options
    Waaaaayyyyyyyyy too many to enumerate.

Though Weezer's first two albums bring back nothing but good memories.
  • Options
    I don't even like the song, but Fall Out Boy's 'It's not a scene it's an arms race' reminds me of the whole application process for the ATC thing. :D

I've got lots and lots of songs I associate with memories. Some good, some bad. I used to love Cranes and still do but I always get such a throwback to my blue years so it's kinda hard except if I'm feeling very content with myself. ;)
  • Options
    i think pink floyd the wall videos era brings back memories of me and ma dad donstairs all nite watching it wen i wa 4/5/6 cnt remember gud times
  • Options
    Psycho Killer - Talking Heads.

Instantly I'm, mentally, sitting in a bar on the seafront in Ibiza with a couple of scottish lasses drinking cheap sparkling wine before heading back to theirs...
  • Options
    i think pink floyd the wall videos era brings back memories of me and ma dad donstairs all nite watching it wen i wa 4/5/6 cnt remember gud times

And soon you'll be looking back at the new Fall Out Boys track - Thnks fr th Mmrs
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    #Let's all go down the Strand, have a banana# :D

That really DOES bring back memories for me because my Nan used to sing it! :D
  • Options
    There are sososo many songs that remind of things, sometimes even subconscious and I get all emotional (slight exaggeration) when hearing them again.

I rather easily connect songs with any kind of feeling/phenomenon/experience, etc.
  • Options
    ATB-9 pm, Till I come
    Mark McCabe-Maniac 2000
    Alice Deejay-Better of Alone
    System F-Out of the Blue
    Ultrabeat-Pretty Green Eyes
    Fields of Athenry
  • Options
    4 Strings - Take Me Away

One of those annoying tracks that bring back good and not so good memories.
  • Options
    Darude - Sandstorm, 2000, my first night at a big venue
    Livin' Joy - Dreamer, 1995, reminds me of GCSE's + a good year
    Pulp - Mile End, 1996, reminds me of my first relationship
    Blur - Sing, early 90's, anything sad/moody really
  • Options
    There's also a song by Britney Spears called 'Toxic' that I can't listen to :o

Oh no, that was on all the time when I was doing my dissertation, so that's one of my dissertation songs! :lol:

Absolutely loads of songs which remind me of boyfriends; Bon Jovi - Always for the first serious one, The Corrs - Hopelessly addicted for the second serious one and there's one for the current boyfriend that I'm too embarrassed to name! :blush:

Most of the charts from the summer of 1999 (we had TVs in the classrooms in 6th Form and we used to have MTV on most lunchtimes, right when they had a chart show on). That summer was one of my best ever, so lots of good memories from that. One particular song from then which stands out is The Corrs - Runaway.

The only other album which stands out was when I was studying midwifery and having a really miserable time. I had just recieved an Eva Cassidy album, and so that album now reminds me of sitting on the bus after yet another horrible shift, crying :( ( gave up the course when I discovered myself sat on the bus crying on the way to the hospital :p )

Loads of others I'm sure, but they are the ones that stand out.
  • Options
    I remember 2 summers ago sitting on the computer on a day like this,warm and sunny outside with a cool wind and its practically silent with all the birds singing and the smell of a bbq in the air listening to motorhead.
    The dog would be laying in the garden with her legs in the air (slapper) and then Id look out the window at the downs,big rolling green hills and imagine standing at the top in the sun and wind with the smell of the grass really strong in the air and shitting myself in case a hornet came along and Id run away like a girl!!
    I hate the heat of summer but the atmosphere,feelings and memories that it and the songs bring back are brilliant,but weird when you remember how different life was when you were a kid.
  • Options
    Joey Beltram - It Works ... reminds me of a fucking quality drinking sesh at uni .. all day drinking with music banging out .. quality :D
  • Options
    Roger Sanchez - Another Chance, reminds me of Ibiza, and a banging holiday.

All Saints - Pure Shores, reminds me so much of a holiday in Thailand.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Shivers - The Wedding Present. That was the first song they played when I went to see them live for the first time in Southampton last year.

There are load of songs that bring back memories that I would rathr forget, including:
    Come Back Tomorrow - Inpiral Carpets
    Sometimes It Hurt - Tindersticks & Lhasa De Sela
    Clap Clap Clap - Ambershades
  • Options
    The Eagles - Hotel Calafornia reminds me of my second holiday in Spain.

Sugababes - One way ticket reminds me of sitting in the car in my PJs on christmas morning waiting for my mum to finish her nightshift with my sister singing along, watching the simease cats. And my dad yapping oon about how they had such dull flat toned voices. But I thought it was an amazing song.

Queen songs remind me of when I was a child, happy memories. Queen = memories with dad and Shania Twain = memories with mum. Although they do mix quite a lot.

My dad also has an album called "The Greatest Rock Album Ever" and we used to play it when we were travelling up north from home down south to see my family. Dad used to put it on full belt and we all used to sing along and I used to put my heaad upside down and shake my hair. I was the only person in the family at the time with long hair and I thought I was soo cool.

I love listening to old music :razz:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Many songs really... The one I can think of right now is "A tale that wasn't right" by Helloween.

In my heart, in my soul
    I really hate to pay this toll
    Should be strong, young and bold
    But the only thing I feel is pain

With my heart, with my soul
    Some guys' cry you bought and sold
    They've been strong, young and bold
    And they say "Play this song again..."

:heart:
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I love listening to old music :razz:

It's not old, it's proper music from when I was a kid... :(

*has Greatest Rock Album*

*and Eagles*

*and Queen collection*
  • Options
    It's not old, it's proper music from when I was a kid... :(

:yes:
  • Options
    Chumbawumba- Tubthumping

Cuz it's a chooooooooon!
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Chumbawumba- Tubthumping

Cuz it's a chooooooooon!

Ooo, that one reminds me of leaving school... the media department teachers made us a video of our year throughout the time we'd been there and the soundtrack was that song :)
  • Options
    Looooaddss of songs have memories attached for me. Unfortunetly not always good ones.

As for ones with good memories attached.... god. I can't think now, there's quite a few though.

Ahhhh - Ben E King - Stand By Me
    Take That - Patience (I absolutely piss myself laughing everytime it comes on)
    Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
  • Options
    Carole King's album. Has good memories from when I was little but also bad memories from a past relationship.
  • Options
    Queen - Innuendo used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. Not just the video, but the song as well. Reminds me of The Chart Show on a Saturday morning.

Most songs I like have some sort of memory attached. Atomic Kitten's version of Eternal Flame was the song I snogged my first serious g/f to. Pretty much all the chart music in summer 2001 reminds me of her and her gorgeous chest :heart:

Will Young - Leave Right Now reminds me of my first day at Mecca Bingo, cause it hit number one that day :o

Aaaand Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child reminds me of my Brighton weekender last year :)
  • Options
    Roachford (anyone remember them?) Cuddy Toy - I'm back in my teens, sitting in the park, drinking with my mates.
  • Options
    Roachford (anyone remember them?) Cuddy Toy - I'm back in my teens, sitting in the park, drinking with my mates.

Did they have a black lead singer, or am I thinking of the wrong band?

And more importantly, Hazelhead or Duthie Park ? :razz: