Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Reasons For Leaving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm applying to work as a childrens representative with Thomas Cook holidays.

I've worked as a kids rep before, for two summers with Cosmos Holidays. In my first summer I worked there for 7 months, the full season, but the next year I only stayed there for 3 months, as I had a lot of personal problems with the people I was working with (the other reps and the managers were horrible basically and there was a lot of dodgy stuff going on) and ended up resigning halfway through the Summer.

On the Thomas Cook application form it says I have to put previous employers and the reasons I left. Obviously I need to include that I've been a kids rep before but what shall I put for reasons for leaving? I don't really wanna put the real reason because they might think I'm not good at working in a team or something! Also, do you think they will contact Cosmos holidays and ask about me even if i dont provide their details as a reference? I'm not really bothered if they do I suppose...

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could just say it was a temporary contract.
    I agree with rachie. Just put down family problems but whatever your reason, try to make it clear that it wasn't because of the problems you had at your previous place of work.
    Thanks, I think i'll just end up doing what Rachie said.

Rachie Cosmos and thomas cook and thomson whatever...they're not part of the same company, Cosmos are like a stand alone one. Well they have Monarch Airlines as part of their company... I know what you mean though, it all gets really confusing, especially MyTravel cos they condensed loads of different companies into one!
    Personnal reasons, or change in circumstances is another good one.