Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does scar reduction treaatment actuallt work? I'm only asking because just after I had a shower, I actually realised how bad my arms look from where I've cut myself.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Does scar reduction treaatment actuallt work? I'm only asking because just after I had a shower, I actually realised how bad my arms look from where I've cut myself.

Depends enitely on your skin, how bad the scars are and what you use.

I found Palmers Coco Butter Scar serum to take the worst of my scars away. You have to use it every day and its about a tenner a bottle but it could be worth trying. Vitmain E capsules burst and spread on the scars is a cheaper option but its no where as effective (on me anyway)
    Thanks.

Due to certain events in the last month or so, I've finally decided that it's time that I got some sort of help.

Some questions about it:
    1. At my school, they have counsellers. is it better to ask them for help or go to the doctors for help?
    2. What is likely to happen to me (if anything) if I go to either the doctors or counseller for help?
    3. Does anyone have a right to tell my parents? (or tutors if I just go for counselling in school)
    4. Is there any 'easy' way to ask for help?

Thanks.
    Thanks.

Due to certain events in the last month or so, I've finally decided that it's time that I got some sort of help.

Some questions about it:
    1. At my school, they have counsellers. is it better to ask them for help or go to the doctors for help?
    2. What is likely to happen to me (if anything) if I go to either the doctors or counseller for help?
    3. Does anyone have a right to tell my parents? (or tutors if I just go for counselling in school)
    4. Is there any 'easy' way to ask for help?

Thanks.
    1. That would depend on what you're hoping to get out of it. I found my college counsellor useless, but that's because talking wasn't what would help me.
    2. That would depend on what you tell them.
    3. Only if they suspect that you're a huge risk.
    4. No.

Basically.
    go to where you feel more comfortable-i'm seeing my college counsellor and it has helped-they cant say anthing to anyone unless you are a high risk of hurting yourself more than you intend to or are a risk to thers-which self harm isnt. my college counsellor hasn't told anyone.
    Thanks. It is probably easier for me to go to the doctors, as I feel that I need help now and am not in school until April 17th.

TBH, I'm not entirely sure what I want out of this - I have no idea why I am the way I am.

Do you have Mederma, there? I've known a couple people who for surgical scars have been given or told to use that one specifically. It has worked very well for them and I've been using it and it is seeming to work (which is contrary to anything else I've tried :p) Only problem is it takes quite a while. You have to apply it 3-4 times a day for 3-6 months and a bottle lasts me only about half a month, which could easily be the case for others as their bottle size is made to last for 3 monts for 1 3 inch or the larger size for 1 10 inch scar. I also think I overdo it though.
    I've never heard of it.
    My scars are only on my thigh, apart from 2 on my wrist and one on my hand, the ones on my thighs have faded, apart from one which is still prominent, but I go swimming, and it doesn't bother me anymore- if people look, they look. If people have a problem with it- it's their problem, not mine :)

Will be six months in May, can't bloody believe it if I'm honest, been so close so many times though.
    your-babe wrote: »
    Will be six months in May, can't bloody believe it if I'm honest, been so close so many times though.

Well done!:)
    well done kirsty.
    your-babe wrote: »

That is bloody brillient Kirsty. :)
    well done kirsty
    Ignore the wanker
    Thankyou :) Hope everyone else is as well as possible xx
    Ugh, I'm finding it impossible to ask for help. And to make everything alightly worse, I can't stop cutting myself. And I'm still stupid enough to do it where I have scars.
    Ugh, I'm finding it impossible to ask for help. And to make everything alightly worse, I can't stop cutting myself. And I'm still stupid enough to do it where I have scars.

I found it impossible to ask for help when I did go to the doctors (still do and I know I need some)
    I don't think I'm going to get through tonight. I hate nights like this.
    sorry about that, feel better today :)

hope your all OK :)
    piccolo wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to get through tonight. I hate nights like this.

Hope you feel better today sweetheart *hugs*
    why at holidays and stuff do i start to feel low-been on a real high for most of the week and now i feel desperate to harm just to take all these feelings away or at least to understand them-i hate this-i hate me
    why at holidays and stuff do i start to feel low-been on a real high for most of the week and now i feel desperate to harm just to take all these feelings away or at least to understand them-i hate this-i hate me

When did you start feeling like this?
    started going up and down from wednesday but just today gone really down further than before-sorry
    theres no need to keep apologising, you aren't doing anything wrong. :)

why are you feeling so down?
    Hope you feel better soon, HP.

I seem alright. I'm hoping it lasts much longer than it nronally does for me.
    theres no need to keep apologising, you aren't doing anything wrong. :)

why are you feeling so down?

i dont have any idea-just things on my mind-it makes no sense-i have no reason-im so sorry
    sorry bout that my computer restarted.

I get like that alot as well, what I try to do is find something to do in order to take my mind off it. like piss about on wiki looking stuff up or just go out for a walk.

have you got anything you could do?
    sorry bout that my computer restarted.

I get like that alot as well, what I try to do is find something to do in order to take my mind off it. like piss about on wiki looking stuff up or just go out for a walk.

have you got anything you could do?

i dont know-im talkin topeople on msn but one includes my ex who im still trying to get rid of-im so sorry-i know others have more serious problems and i feel so stupid-why cant i just stay happy-i hate myself so much-sorry
    is your ex making you upset?
    is your ex making you upset?

a bit but hes not the sole cause i dont think-im really sorry-i dont know whats going on in my head-i wish i was dead