Home Drink & Drugs
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

tolerance?

MixBotMixBot Posts: 8,656 Automated Account
ok, can anyone (brainiacs will do) give me some insight on how tolerance develops with different drugs?

I understand E works by releasing seritonin (spelling) and u run out eventually from doing it too ofter but I have no idea how heroin and amphetamines affect the body to make it accept more.

Any ideas??
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They all work in pretty much the same way, u build up the tolerance when u take tghe drug.
    Ur body gets used to having it in it.

    Drugs always stay in ur system for a while so ur body's getting used to them being in their.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by dirty_harry:

    Any ideas??

    absolutely none. so why did i post? i dunno. i'm really not myself today, am i? i think i'll just go and curl up in hole for the rest of the day.....



    i'm not denying that women are stupid; God made them to match the men.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's up whizzygirl??

    j9
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by whizzygirl:
    i'm really not myself today, am i? i think i'll just go and curl up in hole for the rest of the day.....



    Talk to us, can we help ?


    The river is wide and oh so deep. I've been walking around in tears, No answers arethere to get. Cause between this world and eternity there is a face I hope to see
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hehe, this topic was supposed to be about drug tolerance <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/rolleyes.gif"&gt;

    never mind, we have a friend in need of support and thats what we're here for.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    something i was reading the other day said there were claims that the enviroment your in contributes to drug tolerance.. if you do the same drug in the same place (like a club) all the time, the effects will be less.. if you change the place you do drugs, say, like at home they are supposed to be more effective.. these people term it as 'learned tolerance'.. they also say that this could have something to do with an overdose. when someone does the same amount but in, say, an unfamiliar place..
    i rekon its sorta true i spose..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmmmm yeah peatee thinkin bout it.. u could b right... kinda the most interesting post I seen on here for ages <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/smile.gif"&gt;
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Daze:
    They all work in pretty much the same way, u build up the tolerance when u take tghe drug.
    Ur body gets used to having it in it.

    Drugs always stay in ur system for a while so ur body's getting used to them being in their.

    He asked for brainiacs Daze <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/biggrin.gif"&gt;


    I've not lost my mind it's inserted elsewhere - hence the limp.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by peatee:
    something i was reading the other day said there were claims that the enviroment your in contributes to drug tolerance.. if you do the same drug in the same place (like a club) all the time, the effects will be less.. if you change the place you do drugs, say, like at home they are supposed to be more effective.. these people term it as 'learned tolerance'.. they also say that this could have something to do with an overdose. when someone does the same amount but in, say, an unfamiliar place..
    i rekon its sorta true i spose..

    This is very interesting, it makes me wonder if the process for this is the same as that which causes a "contact high". Has anyone here ever had a contact high?

    j9



    I had a life once, but I stopped feeding it so one day it just walked away.

    MTS ^5 ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by peatee:
    something i was reading the other day said there were claims that the enviroment your in contributes to drug tolerance.. if you do the same drug in the same place (like a club) all the time, the effects will be less.. if you change the place you do drugs, say, like at home they are supposed to be more effective.. these people term it as 'learned tolerance'.. they also say that this could have something to do with an overdose. when someone does the same amount but in, say, an unfamiliar place..
    i rekon its sorta true i spose..


    Yeah well I've definitely heard that that's true for heroin. Dunno 'bout other drugs.

    Also- maybe I'm weird but sometimes when I'm going out, and waiting in line at a club or even listening to music I'll get what I can only describe as a flashback. I totally feel like I'm coming up even when I haven't taken anything. Weird hey? Might be something to do with what you're talking about.
Sign In or Register to comment.