Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just turning up?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, this soudns like something cheesy from a romantic comedy, but bear with me!

I split up with my boyfriend of a year and a half about 6 weeks ago, because I wanted to move to Australia and he didnt. He has been in Oz on a field trip for the last few weeks and now the idea is growing on him, and the space has given us both chance to realise how much we still love each other.

He gets back on sunday evening, to Gatwick, then has to get to Cornwall to pick up his car and then drive back up here. I go to the Alps on the tuesday on a fieldtrip and I really want to see him before I go. If we dont meet then it will be at least 6 weeks before we get chance again I think.

I suggested telling him to get his ass to my house by 10:30 on tuesday if he thinks we have hope, but my friend suggested going to the airport. Its the more complex and expensive way round, and what if I get there and he runs away... but it means more time to chat and sort things out.

I know its a stupid romantic plan which will fail miserably, but I need convincing! What do I do?!

Comments

• Options
    Nice idea, but what are the chances of being able to catch him? (ie. be in the same place as him at the same time)
  • Options
    Go for it! :D

(I'm just an old romantic :p )
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Nice idea, but what are the chances of being able to catch him? (ie. be in the same place as him at the same time)

I know his flight and stuff, and I think Id have to tell him I was gonna be there, just in case. I'm a worrier!

(yes, I know, it spoils the surprise, but the gesture is still there)
  • Options
    I know his flight and stuff, and I think Id have to tell him I was gonna be there, just in case. I'm a worrier!

(yes, I know, it spoils the surprise, but the gesture is still there)

no, no, no, no, don't tell him, just be there to meet his flight!
  • Options
    go for it.

if you don't you'll always wonder "what if" and rue the missed opportunity.
  • Options
    don't tell him , just turn up!

that's sooooo romantic and even if it doesn't work it's worth the chance :)
  • Options
    Dooooo it but then sing 'I Wanna Grow Old With You' ala Adam Sandler. Awwwh
  • Options
    aaaawwww go go go