Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggestion Boxes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I see these little boxes everywhere these days .. personally I think it would be better they just gave an email address to write to but I do have 2 suggestions for most places that provide a box ..

1. Provide Paper
2. Provide a pen

:wave:

Has anyone ever put in a suggestion into the box or read some funny ones?

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I tend to erm, be the WORST person with suggeestion boxes. It's just too tempting!

As for the lack of paper and pen, that is sometimes down to me. Both go in the box. Childish? Yes. Amusing? Definatley.

I have also being known to drop National Bolshevik Party propaganda into them things. As well as those stupid advert leaflets you get given in town by people, and any bits of paper I don't want in my pocket - receipts, etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I make a weekly visit to the one in Tesco with the same "suggestion" ie complaint :grump:
    Someone wrote on one of the Comment things at work the other day:

"I feel I was racially abused when I mistakenly tried to pay in lira".

:D.

We all laughed. Especially as, despite this racial abuse, he still gave 3/5 for customer service :chin:.
    We've got one at work, and it's got a pen tied to it.

9/10 we open the box, read the complaints, laugh and then drop them in the bin.

I liked the one from a woman complaining that the disabled shower had rubbish water pressure, and she pitied anyone disabled who had to use it.

Well, the poor disabled people probably never get the chance to use because she is always in there.
    I saw a pathetic one once. Some vegetarian was complaining that in the frozen food section that the vegetables were too close to the meat. I bet they had a really nerdy voice too.
    Renzo wrote: »
    I saw a pathetic one once. Some vegetarian was complaining that in the frozen food section that the vegetables were too close to the meat. I bet they had a really nerdy voice too.

Disgraceful.

Happy to complain that the Cow didn't get it's tummy rubbed all the way to the slaughterhouse before being sang a lullaby to get it to sleep before delicately killing it, yet they are happy to rip a carrot from the ground, callously wrenching it's roots from its surroundings before forcing it to slowly freeze. :no:
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    yet they are happy to rip a carrot from the ground, callously wrenching it's roots from its surroundings before forcing it to slowly freeze. :no:
    :lol:
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    slowly freeze. :no:

Don't Findus freeze their veg quickly to "seal in the freshness"? :p
    Don't Findus freeze their veg quickly to "seal in the freshness"? :p

Maybe they do, but that doesn't mean all companies have such high standards when it comes to vegatable welfare :impissed: You get the horror cases too, Carrots lying around for hours, dying a slow, painful death, in cramped, hot humid conditions, being mixed with peas, sweetcorn etc... it's horrific.

Fair play to Findus and Birds Eye though, at least make it quick and painless.
    rachie004 wrote: »
    You can't say that and then just not tell us
    Ha! It's just about their carpark and their lack of Parent & Child spaces.
    Glittery wrote: »

Don't even get me started on that. We have 8 Parent & Child spaces at our local Tesco. But over 30 disabled parking spaces. Not I've not taken a survey or anything but I'm pretty damn sure there are more need for Parent/Child spaces than the disabled ones.
    Don't even get me started on that. We have 8 Parent & Child spaces at our local Tesco. But over 30 disabled parking spaces. Not I've not taken a survey or anything but I'm pretty damn sure there are more need for Parent/Child spaces than the disabled ones.

Is there an age limit on the parent and child spaces?
    32 disabled to 4 parent & child in my Tesco ;)
    Go for the:

"Suggestion: Provide more toilets."
    "Reason for suggestion: Because if there were more toilets all these suggestions that your reading wouldn't be so soggy"
    squeal wrote: »
    Is there an age limit on the parent and child spaces?
    Until your child is no longer in a car seat I'd reckon.

Trying to get a child into a carseat when you can't open the door fully is nigh on impossible.
    Trying to get a child into a carseat when you can't open the door fully is nigh on impossible.

Escpecially when said child is over tired and difficult and does that whole "body-rigid-standing-up" thing. With the rain lashing at your back. And your bursting for a pee. And your hungry. And your trying to work out in your head how you managed to spent £50.

The satisfaction though when you whack the huge 4x4 parked 3" from your car so the driver could get out fine his side is unmeasurable.

I kind of agree, but have to disagree with separate Disabled or Parent/Child places. The concept is good but why should people without kids be deprived of a parking place when the rest of the car park is full.

Better idea would be to just make all parking spaces big enough, then no-one would luck out...
    The satisfaction though when you whack the huge 4x4 parked 3" from your car so the driver could get out fine his side is unmeasurable.

Occasionally I leave a note.

"Next time you park so close, please leave a fucking tin opener so that I can get out"
    I see these little boxes everywhere these days .. personally I think it would be better they just gave an email address to write to but I do have 2 suggestions for most places that provide a box ..

1. Provide Paper
    2. Provide a pen

:wave:

Has anyone ever put in a suggestion into the box or read some funny ones?

Email address is a crap idea, cos people don't want to be traceable. A lot of people have their names in their email address so it wouldn't be very anonymous.

Don't really see the point of suggestion boxes anyway really. They're usually ignored; if you really feel strongly about something you'd either complain properly or tell someone about your suggestion surely.
    My mum did once fill in a customer survey type thing which resulted on them bringing back a product that they'd stopped stocking in our local tesco; but they only do them every so often, it's not something you can fill out whenever you want.