Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

police question

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    even tho people get discriminated against by police in various places, this is a slightly different case, as ive said several times - we have very different police forces

i don't think im above the law, and you're probably getting that from my attitude towards the police throughout the thread, i have many reasons for absolutely despising them - but wont get into that

i don't care about what ex policemen you've talked to or what children of yours have records, its completly irrelevant in this case

No I wouldn't. I would say the same thing. It is easy to play the victim card - especially when you are in trouble. It's a defence mechanism - a way of shifting blame rather than accept responsibility for your own actions.

so an unlawful search on untrue grounds means you should somehow be responsible for you own (lack of) actions?
    No, only the evidence of my own eyes, the conversations I have with policemen both ex- and current and the fact that I have children of my own - one of whom has a record himself.

But hey, I know nothing.

The evidence of your own eyes & what coppers have told you --forms your opinion.

Your kid being a criminal (as you described z) bears no relevance.
    z- wrote: »
    even tho people get discriminated against by police in various places, this is a slightly different case, as ive said several times - we have very different police forces

You're right we do. In my part of the world, thanks to anti-terror legislation, the police don't need a reason to stop and search. Here there is no such thing as unlwaful searches anymore.

You think you have a problem?
    i don't think im above the law, and you're probably getting that from my attitude towards the police throughout the thread, i have many reasons for absolutely despising them - but wont get into that

Fuck dude, if you are Catholic in the North then I know that you have many reasons to hate the police. But just because they were scum in the past, just because there are still scum elements there does not automatically mean that you were unlawfully searched.

Accept the punishment - which effectively amounts to a slapped wrist (which incidentally was the least of what you got in the 70s/80s. Literally) - and get on with your life.
    so an unlawful search on untrue grounds means you should somehow be responsible for you own (lack of) actions?

Again with the assumption that it was unlawful... it's the whole basis of your defence yet you have nothing other than an opinion.
    deceelpool wrote: »
    The evidence of your own eyes & what coppers have told you --forms your opinion.

Better that than a prejudice. Wouldn't you say.

Yours is...?
    Accept the punishment - which effectively amounts to a slapped wrist (which incidentally was the least of what you got in the 70s/80s. Literally) - and get on with your life.

ive no problem accepting the punishment (not like i have an option), still doesnt mean that it wasnt harsh.. they would have confiscated the drugs and let the vast majority of people walk on .. like ive said a few times, turloughs example of drinking in the street says it all
    Again with the assumption that it was unlawful... it's the whole basis of your defence yet you have nothing other than an opinion.

no point in going round and round, i know they had absolutely no suspicion we were carrying a knife, it done purely to give them an excuse to hassle us.. fair enough i don't really expect you to take my word for it, but if you had have been there and seen they way they acted and their manner in general it would be a different matter ..
    My son got a caution for thumping someone who was bullying his mate - assault. He's 13. You could say it was harsh, or you could say that it was entirely within the law. He did wrong and was punished.

What sticks with me though is the ten+ forms which we had to complete while he was fingerprinted, DNA swabbed etc - and the grumbles frmo the copper who didn;t want to do any of it.
    i know they had absolutely no suspicion we were carrying a knife

No, not know, Think.
    No, not know, Think.

well ive seen it happen millions of times before, seen cases of both nice police and absolute bastard police .. the way the act, treat you, talk to you.. and i can assure you these ones fell under the 'bastard' category

sorry, but im going to trust my hard earned judgement over what you think :thumb:
    Dude, you should have been around in the 70s and early 80s.

Don't even talk to me about the 70's and 80's. My family and community went through far worse than z or any one of you cunts have so shut your face.
    The problem now is a lack of respect for the law, more than that y'all give the impression that you think you are above the law for some reason and when you get caught you cry "foul" rather than fess up to the fact that you finally got caught for something. Bang to rights.

Go back to your middle England suburbia.

Truly you are pathetic. There is always someone else to blame, isn't there?

Aye there is, and you wouldn't know fuck all about it.
    I would say the same thing.

No you wouldn't.
    Brilliant maddog. :D
    oh just to let you all know, i got it rearranged for next week :yippe: looks like i wont be spending a night in the cell then!

now lets get this party started :naughty:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I am pleased for you hun, enjoy tonight :)
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Don't even talk to me about the 70's and 80's. My family and community went through far worse than z or any one of you cunts have so shut your face.

Indeed they did. And that's relevant to this discussion how?
    Go back to your middle England suburbia.

aka a mining village hardly suburbia and you need to get a map if you thin kI'm in middle Engalnd.
    Aye there is, and you wouldn't know fuck all about it.

And that attitude, dear boy, is why you will never get on in life. Good luck. Tell me, what is the paramilitary approach to drug users these days?
    No you wouldn't.

Ah, clairvoyance. Tell me, can you read palms too?