Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boxers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im a boy but find normal male underwear uncomfortable (like pants and boxers)

ive tried the tight fitting male boxers but they are still too loose around the front

i find wearing girl boxers (the ones from topshop) very comfortable as theyre tight fitting like tight boxers but without the big space at the front

theyre not too tight as long as you get the right size (for me a 14 - not for the waist but the overall size of the front)

the only bad thing is that the boxer style buttons on the front arnt actually real buttons theyre just show so when you need the toilet you still need to pull them down

but other than that theyre great (and have great patterns on them like love hearts or the union jack on one leg)

does anyone find this wierd or can this be normal

please reply

Comments

• Options
    This is pretty much the weirdest thing I've heard all day. Each line surpasses the last.
  • Options
    I'm sure plently of men (and women) where underwear desgined and sold to the opposite sex. Whatever you find comfy really.
  • Options
    That is quite bizarre, but if you find it's more comfortable then fair enough! I don't know what any prespective girlfriends might think though, personally I'd probably just laugh it off. There's lots of different sizes of men's boxers you can go for, maybes you should try a few more out.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Surely that's a bit restrictive?

And I never use the buttons on the front of boxers or briefs anyway - I just pull the leg hole aside. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ive tried many types in many different sizes from many different shops but none seem to be quite the right fit

the girl boxers from topshop fit perfectly and with the great designs too theyre not restrictive at all i find them very comfy and fit snuggly

i do use the buttons though

i thought about the girlfriend part so i bought a plain black pair and plain white pair

they do say "girl boxer" along the top but i found if you fold the top inside the boxers it can be covered up so the plain pairs look like normal boxers

but then again when can you be sure when youll need a plain pair

what should i do if i was to need to take off my trousers but had a pair of heart print boxers or the like with "girl boxer" written along the top

any suggestions please reply
  • Options
    Why do you 'need' tight fitting underwear anyway?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i find the normal loose boxers dont support me enough and pants can be uncomfortable along the edges

the tight boxers are good as the edges are smooth with the leg but mens tight boxers can still be too loose

the girl boxers are fitted for women but i find them very supportive around the front

also i was wondering if anyone has a pair of the girl boxers from topshop whether they thought i would be able to cut along the egde of the fake flap for the buttons allowing you to use the buttons at the front or would it ruin them

please reply with any more comments on whether people could find this normal
  • Options
    falloutboy wrote: »
    does anyone find this wierd or can this be normal

please reply

please reply with any more comments on whether people could find this normal

Well you did ask.
  • Options
    yes but imagine you were a girl and youre boyfriend stripped to 'do it' and you saw he was wearing some girl boxers for example with hearts or a big union jack on them

what would you say

could you laugh it off and continue a great night

or would you find it too wierd and not be able to understand why he wears them

please reply
  • Options
    You don't need to support your tackle though? And you don't need holes to have a piss. Just pull them to one side.

I think this is a joke to be honest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i feel i do need support and would prefer to be able to stick it through the buttons rather than pull them down

and this isnt a joke please take it seriously

i need real advice
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    This is pretty much the weirdest thing I've heard all day. Each line surpasses the last.

:lol:
  • Options
    please take it seriouly i would like help with this on how to handle this if you want to laugh or take the piss then fair enough but please add any constructive comments on how you would feel about it if you were a girl with me or a boy in my position
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's much healthier to not wear tight pants. The looser the better, really.
  • Options
    theyre not uncomfortably tight theyre just enough to be a support

i found pants to be uncomfortably tight so maybe theyre unhealthy

are there any girls who wear girl boxers who find them too tight too loose or just right

or if youre a boy and wear girl boxers or similar girls underwear how do you fell they fit
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    That is quite bizarre, but if you find it's more comfortable then fair enough! I don't know what any prespective girlfriends might think though, personally I'd probably just laugh it off. There's lots of different sizes of men's boxers you can go for, maybes you should try a few more out.

:yes: sound advice. The thing is, if you do feel more comfortable in girls boxers, top shop do the really plain ones that don't have hearts or anything on, so they are probably better than the ones that do, which may well put a girl off.
  • Options
    thats what ive got but i fold the top edge that says "girl boxer" inside so its still comfortable but it doesnt show it to a girlfriend

thanks for the advice anyway

do you or anyone you know wear them
  • Options
    please take it seriouly i would like help with this on how to handle this if you want to laugh or take the piss then fair enough but please add any constructive comments on how you would feel about it if you were a girl with me or a boy in my position

To be honest, I would be a little freaked out if I was with a bloke and found out he was wearing girl pants...but particularly if you went for the ones with cute patterns like hearts and stuff!!! :nervous: What if we were wearing the same knickers?? :lol: I'd feel a little weird..but if I was with a bloke who wore the plain ones, I noticed they were girl pants,but he explained why (and I really liked him), reckon I could deal with that!!

But think the key's probably - if she really likes you, she won't care what underwear you're wearing when it comes down to it!! :thumb:
  • Options
    yes very true

but my dilemma is if im wearing a pair with the hearts or flag on (not a plain black or white pair) and a girlfriend wanted to what could i do

should i say no

or should i say yes and explain my reasons for wearing them (like comfort and the fact i think they look better than baggy boxers)

advice please?
  • Options
    Blokes really wear girl pants?

Loose boxers are best - or if it's nice weather then go commando :thumb:
  • Options
    yes i do wear girl boxers and have done for about 3 months now

they feel more comfortable and i think they look better than baggy boxers

whats your advice on how youd feel if your boyfriend was wearing them
  • Options
    Just don't wear the ones with hearts and stuff on. Just buy plain ones.

Other places apart from Topshop do girl style boxers, and I'm sure there must be plain ones somewhere.
  • Options
    matalan sell girl boxers, but the waistband has a pattern (like a stripe or summat), not words printed!
    Also, as for the button, can u sew?? could you make gap there+make a button hole,then simply use the existing button??

if i was with a guy wearing plain womens boxers, i doubt id notice (unless i saw the writing, and then i may have a little giggle, but id get over it), BUT if he was wearing pink ones, then id wonder about him...seriously! if they're comfy for you, go for it, but id stick to plain ones!
  • Options
    anywhere you know

i tried some stores girl boxers but they were too tight

topshop are the only ones i found that fit great but they dont do a totally plain one the ones with no design have "girl boxer" written across the top

i can make do with folding them inside so it is unseeable though

and theyre cheap £4 or 3 pairs for £9

i bought two plain pairs (one black and one white) and the hearts pair (i liked the design) about 3 months ago when i started wearing them and recently bought a union jack pair (the flag is only on one leg) a plain orange one and one with cats on them as i liked the design

the problem is wearing a pattern pair when a potential girlfriend would want me to go with her

anywhere cheaper or better than tell me please

or advice its all welcome
  • Options
    i dont want stripy ones really i dont like the look

i dont think they do pink ones anyway and i probably wouldnt buy them anyway i prefer black white and colours like blue

advice or views just reply
  • Options
    and to let you know i cant really sew

so cutting is my only option practically
  • Options
    In all honesty if a "potential girlfriend" is put off by your woman boxers then she really isn't worth it. It's just underwear. As long as it's clean and not obscene then who gives a flying monkey?
  • Options
    thanks but if she was wearing similar boxers for instance and she took offence or walked out what could i do

and would you advise me not to wear ones with patterns on at all or just wear them when i go out in the day or something or wear what i want when i want and if it comes to it ill explain why i wear them

reply please
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I think this is a joke to be honest.

Same :/ 99% of guys find tight boxers uncomfortable, not the other way around. Tight ones are waaay too restrictive and not exactly good for the ol' sperm count.

For arguments sake say this isnt a joke, why do you need support? LET IT DANGLE FREE!
  • Options
    I like small black boxers......

Especially Chris Eubank; he was my favourite.