Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

police question

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh god here we go again..

what reason did the police have to do this check on me?

i didnt say drug possession should be legal, but to go to this much over such a small amout is a disgrace.. i know people from school who lived outside out belfast is nice posh areas, been caught with 10 e's and let go soley because of where the live .. if id have had that amount of me id probably have been trailed into the jeep, done for possession with intent, and probably have been givin a nice hiding on the way to the barracks

then they'd have lied, made up a few things, added on a few charges

you probably think im talking a load of shite, but its true, it happens, and it happens regularly

and no i wont be able to prove fuck all about them discriminating against me.. why? cuz its the policeman and his comrades word against mine, and who do you seriously think is going to come out on top

like i said, its easy for you to sit and have this lovely black and white view on it all, but when you or someone you know goes through it you'll see it differently

funny how the ones who have had first hand expierence know the craic eh
    z- wrote: »
    as far as im concerned i was basically discriminated against for my age, my religion, where i live and the way i look

Are you the same z- who posts in the Drugs forum? A user?
    but sure, you leave your head firmly planted up your arse where it seems to belong ;)

I'm sure that the only place you ever show that kind of attitude is on these boards too and not in the outside world where, oh I don't know, the police might notice you and think that you are worth pulling.

From what i have seen in your other posts, you are a habitual law breaker and for once you got stopped. Thems the breaks.
    funny how the ones who have had first hand expierence know the craic eh

That's it. No point even trying to explain to them cos they'll never understand.
    yup, same person

how am i a habitual law breaker then.. from drug taking?

and yea.. walking down the street to get a bus is really showin plenty of attitude, definitely worth pulling me over and accusing me of carrying a knife
    Tweety wrote: »
    Like i said earlier its going around in circles and i can't be arsed anymore. You obviously have a very different view to me.

We have a very different view to you because I'm sure you can walk down town at night with your friends without being followed by bent coppers who literally will try and find any reason at all to stop and search you. Am I correct?

I was walking down town with two of my mates, it's not like we were pissed up and being abusive..we don't even look 'chavvy' with hoodies e.t.c. Just three normal kids walking down town. We took a left and started walking down my mates estate to his house and suddenly out of no where these two coppers jump out and said they're going to search us because we started walking in the opposite direction to them which was suspicious. We hadn't even seen them, partly because they were hiding in the shadows anyway.
    Tell me that police officers do that kind of thing to you? You don't know anything about how the Police treat young people in towns down here, it may not be the same in cities but the coppers down here are corrupt. I'm not saying that all the Police are wankers because obviously we need Law Enforcement or we would go into Anarchy. What I'm saying is that so many Police Officers do harrass young people like us, which you would know nothing about, that is why we have different views. I could go on with other stories of corrupt coppers but I'd be here all week.
    how am i a habitual law breaker then.. from drug taking?

You think possession is legal?

Seriously dude, you are pathetic. You habitually break the law and then come "crying" here because, for once, you got stopped and searched plus a caution. My heart bleeds for you.

Suspicion is enough, you display an attitude in this thread that if you display on the streets is probably enough. Ever heard of profiling - yep you probably hit huge buttons. You may not think that you do, but the police aren't dumbasses, they are faced with scrotes on a daily basis and, from those I know, they have a pretty good idea who are likely to be worth pulling.

They were right in your case too - maybe not this time - but you are wrth them looking over, aren't you?
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    We have a very different view to you because I'm sure you can walk down town at night with your friends without being followed by bent coppers who literally will try and find any reason at all to stop and search you. Am I correct?
    they said they were searching us because they thought we were carrying a knife (load of shite, just wanted an excuse)

Hmmm...

That's ALOT more than nothing isn't it?:rolleyes:

If you do look suspicious, they WILL search you.
    Tweety is talking sense,

Finally. And I thought I was the only one who thought this.
    Suspicion is enough, you display an attitude in this thread that if you display on the streets is probably enough. Ever heard of profiling - yep you probably hit huge buttons.

Yeh and that's what we're talking about. The original topic of this thread was changing a date of an interview, not him "crying" here.

Anyhoo, so you really believe "profiling" is acceptable in today's day and age? How about pulling a black person over, that's acceptable isn't it?
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Anyhoo, so you really believe "profiling" is acceptable in today's day and age? How about pulling a black person over, that's acceptable isn't it?

There's alot more to profiling than the colour of someone's skin though...
    Sofie wrote: »
    Hmmm...

That's ALOT more than nothing isn't it?:rolleyes:

If you do look suspicious, they WILL search you.

Oh aye, cos a bit of hash and two sleeping tablets really do look like a knife? That's all that was found in his pockets, how can you be accussed of possessing a knife without having something in your pockets that actually looked like a knife?
    There's alot more to profiling than the colour of someone's skin though...

Aye, still doesn't stop some racist cops using it as the only one. Same with cops here pulling young catholic boys over for no reason.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Oh aye, cos a bit of hash and two sleeping tablets really do look like a knife? That's all that was found in his pockets, how can you be accussed of possessing a knife without having something in your pockets that actually looked like a knife?

So, you'd think it would've been alright if he did have a knife and ended up stabbing someone?:rolleyes:
    You think possession is legal?

Seriously dude, you are pathetic. You habitually break the law and then come "crying" here because, for once, you got stopped and searched plus a caution. My heart bleeds for you.

Suspicion is enough, you display an attitude in this thread that if you display on the streets is probably enough. Ever heard of profiling - yep you probably hit huge buttons. You may not think that you do, but the police aren't dumbasses, they are faced with scrotes on a daily basis and, from those I know, they have a pretty good idea who are likely to be worth pulling.

They were right in your case too - maybe not this time - but you are wrth them looking over, aren't you?

i never said possession was legal.. but they had no grounds to search me (they lied so they had an excuse, thats enough in itself!) .. i wasnt on drugs at the time nor was i being a public nuisance of any kind

the real problem is that they came down heavier on me because of my age and the fact i live in a working class republican area.. thats the part thats annoyed me the most.. if i was from a different part of the city they wouldnt even have bothered cautioning me, that is discrimination .. dunno about you but i dont think its very fair..

its definitely a lot different over here, so i dont really expect you to understand how frustrating it is
    So, you'd think it would've been alright if he did have a knife and ended up stabbing someone?:rolleyes:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Look, I couldn't be fucked arguing with stupid people who don't know what they're talking about. Read the bloody thread again.

you've misunderstood.. the only reason they said that is so they could search us, believe it or not some of them are like that..
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    And what if my grandma had wheels? As they say.

He didn't have a knife. I can't really tell if the cops had a reason to think he had drugs on him, but I can easily believe that some of them stop people just because they don't like their face or where they're from.
    Another person who hasn't read the thread. :rolleyes: :D
    The problem (well, MY problem) with the story isn't that they were asked to go to the station after being found with drugs, but the reason they were stopped in the first place.
    I doubt the policemen had x-ray vision to see if there were drugs in their pockets, and since there was no knife I don't see how they thought there was. It all sounds just like a made-up excuse to search someone they don't like the face of.
    exactly indrid

'xsazx' read the thread again.. slowly
    xsazx wrote: »
    onto the pros and cons of drug possession by the looks of things

No. It hasn't moved onto that.
    Carrying drugs doesn't make the situation self inflicted though.
    i never said possession was legal

lol i give up
    Please, dont speak to me like I'm thick because I'm far from it, I'm not saying that searching you for the wrong reasons was right, but if you were innocent from the start there wouldnt have been a problem would there? oh well, better things to worry about than this

How doesn't it? if you don't want to get in trouble with the law, dont carry drugs, simple as, is it not? If you wanna break the law, be ready to accept the consequences

But they didn't stop him for drugs did they? And unless he goes around wearing a fuckin great sign that says i'm carrying drugs, no copper is gonna know that therefore they'd have to stop him for a different reason to find the drugs.
    How doesn't it? if you don't want to get in trouble with the law, dont carry drugs, simple as, is it not? If you wanna break the law, be ready to accept the consequences
    Totally agreed there. Fair enough if they think the law is wrong, but that doesn't give them the right to complain if they're caught.
    However, this was not the issue here...
    And you can tell that a person walking about your area is a from a "Republican" area? They can tell that you're a Catholic or not just by looking at you? Unless you walk about in a Celtic top all the time I don't know where that conclusion comes from...unless you're a known face of course. How do you know where those policemen were from...?

You got stopped, you had broken the law now you have to deal with the consequences. I really don't see the debate here....I better go back and read the whole thread "slowly." ...or not.
    silverhalo wrote: »
    And you can tell that a person walking about your area is a from a "Republican" area? They can tell that you're a Catholic or not just by looking at you? Unless you walk about in a Celtic top all the time I don't know where that conclusion comes from...unless you're a known face of course. How do you know where those policemen were from...?

the bus i was getting on goes into a catholic area.. they took us off the bus..

whether you believe me or not, they only used the excuse of the knife so they could search me to try and do me for something..

You got stopped, you had broken the law now you have to deal with the consequences. I really don't see the debate here....I better go back and read the whole thread "slowly." ...or not.

98% of public housing in Belfast is religiously segregated.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/ulster/article54860.ece

If you're walking in a working class Catholic area you're going to be a Catholic, same with a Protestant area.
    I'm Scottish...we have similar relion based issues but obviously not to the same extent and I know about the segregated housing. But how do you know that policeman wasn't a Catholic? Why does it matter anyway...just start wearing a Rangers top if you're so bothered :p
    I'm Scottish...we have similar relion based issues but obviously not to the same extent and I know about the segregated housing. But how do you know that policeman wasn't a Catholic? Why does it matter anyway...just start wearing a Rangers top if you're so bothered :p

You know by their reactions. Plus very few Catholics join the policing board even though it's supposed to be 50/50 these days.

I know this is slightly anecdotal but I was caught drinking on the street in Belfast and when the police man asked me where I was living (which is in a Protestant road) he let me go without saying anything. That speaks volumes like.

If you wore a Rangers top you'd more than likely be killed by your own people! :p