Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What age...

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fuck even thinking about this kind of shit right now!
    Life is way too exciting to be planning that kind of stuff.
    I want to have children when I am around 30 but if I were to just fall pregnant by accident before then I would still be totally eccstatic!

I would like to get married when I am about 27!
    Sofie wrote: »
    :lol: So, would that mean that you'd be wearing jeans & t-shirt and some others would turn up in suits and stuff?:lol:

No the idea being that there would be no-one there (except witnesses which we'd ask the registry office if they could provide) that we knew except our daughter as it would be too much hassel otherwise :lol: Although the major problem would be that my dad works in the same building as the registry office so we'd have to sneak in and out again :naughty::lol:
    a) when I feel ready

b) when I feel ready

Despite this, I'm rather looking forward to having an unconventional wedding. No white/cream/ivory/beige/egg-shell/off-white dress for me :D
    for me i think marriage will proably be sometime not long after i finish uni, already discussed it with my other half and weve been together a long time already, but if that falls apart i wouldnt want to rush to find someone else itd jus happen when it happens. And having kids i want to put off until ive got somewhere to live a stable job of somekind and at least know we wont all starve having extra people to feed...
    Can't say because when I was 15 or so I thought I would be married by now. (21). Now I can't see myself getting married for a few more years.
    I definitely definitely want to have my first baby by the time I'm 30. Apart from that I'm not too fussed. The boyfriend wants to be married beforehand though, so I guess that means I'll be married before I'm 30 too :p
    There's a friend of ours who went off to the US one summer and came back married... they'd just gone and got married in a court with just a judge and in t-shirt and jeans. That was the moment when I realised that that sounded like the ideal wedding. I would love just to run off and do it and only tell people afterwards, but sadly I'm my mother's only child and she'd never forgive me. The boyfriend and I have decided that we will try and get as close as that as possible though, only inviting our parents and siblings. None of our friends will know until afterwards :D I didn't want to get into inviting friends, as I have a number of particularly close friends and I didn't want to get into the whole risk of upsetting anyone debate...

Hmmm... not that I've thought about this a lot or anything :p
    Kids, 2months ago :p, no i'd have liked to wait till I was a bit better off but couldn't be happier with ways things have happened,

Marriage, next year, run away, small hotel, no people just us. :D if the missus wants to that quick is another Question
    Ive never wanted kids or marriage, so that wont be happening.

But id like to be in a serious long term forever type relationship by the time im 40, and id like to have lots of pets with the man then too.
    not soon. i want to live my life for myself first.

i'm 21 now, so i'd say about the 27-33 range for both.
    I want children now. But that is stupid, since I am not in a (particularly) stable relationship and am still at uni, etc.
    Ideally I'd like to have my first child when I'm around 25. I want to be around for as much of their lives as I can, and if I had children in my early forties, say, I'd be a lot less likely to see them grow up, get married or have their own children.
    But also, I'm just desperate to have children, I suppose... healthy. But not so desperate as to plan for a baby when I'm not in the best situation I could be to have one. So I say 25, but realistically, that probably means 35 and counting... Ach well.

Mila
    Never getting married.

Never having kids.

:no:
    Oh. Hang on...

Got married at 22. Some - holy shit - nearly 15 years ago.

First child about 18 months later...
    I think I would have liked to get started in my career at 22, married around 25 and children around 26.

Didn't happen though. Finally got in the career path properly at 31, married at 36 and chidlren at 40.
    a) i don't think you can ever plan or be ready for children, just when it happens i suppose, but not for a long time yet(years and years)

b) i got engaged on saturday :) but no date, not for another 5 years:yippe:

oo congrats!
    Oh. Hang on...

Got married at 22. Some - holy shit - nearly 15 years ago.

Only ten years till your silver wedding anniversary. ;)

Got married at the age of 19, wouldn't recommend it!

Will get married again in the next few years when we get around to it!

Had my first baby at 19 as well. That bit has been brilliant.
    b) i got engaged on saturday :) but no date, not for another 5 years:yippe:

You!? Never thought I'd see the day you'd let someone tie you down like that. ;) Nah, congrats. You proposed I'm guessing? How'd ya do it? Oh, and I assume it's to the girl you've been going on about, and not some mail order bride or something?
    a) 3 years ago

b) whenever it happens if ever!
    Im not too fussed on either of them but
    if i was to get married late 20s very early 30's
    and for kids it would probs be the same
    I'd get married whenever, now or in 5/10 years, as long as it doesn't stop me having a career.

And children, never. I don't want to have children, I'm the least maternal person in the world. It's as much as I can do, not to be sick just looking at a child.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Got married 2 years ago. Five years ago, if you had said I'd be married I would've laughed in your face and placed good odds against it happening :chin:

Kids ... dunno. After I finish my NQT year - maybe 2-3 years time. Got no definite plan, just see what happens.
    Kids - already done that bit. Had the first at 20 and the second will be here when I'm 28. In my head I was going to have them around my late twenties though!

Marriage - Not something I have ever seriously considered! The thought of being emotionally and legally tied to another adult (that isn't your child) scares me.
    Hmm, I think:

1.) Around 30. I don't want children after 36, though. And I generally don't want children. If I do, I'll adopt. For the better cause :] Stop the population going up.

2.) Marriage? Probably after about 2 years of a relationship sounds sensible to me.