Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

police question

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote: »
    As for op, well yeah maybe there was more important things they could have been doing but at the end of the day you were doing something you shouldnt have and can't really moan that you have been caught.

i wasnt really doing anything wrong.. they lied and said they had got reports of us carrying a knife solely so they could search us, they were cheeky cheeky bastards after i mentioned where i lived, they found a tiny amount of drugs in my pocket and decided to caution me purely to be cunts (the vast majority of police would have just took it off you, seriously) .. half the problem was that half of them were a load of new recruits, just lookin for an excuse to come down on something

as far as im concerned i was basically discriminated against for my age, my religion, where i live and the way i look

but sure, you leave your head firmly planted up your arse where it seems to belong ;)
    I'm not the biggest fan of the police for many adult reasons (not just fuck the pigs). I have one cannabis caution to my name. I admit, they had perfect reason to search me, I was sat in a car, reefer in mouth, dub reggae playing and a big grin on my face. They searched the car, and my friend who was driving, and arrested us while they searched the vehicle. They then told me I had a formal cannabis caution and then I was free to go.

The next week, pretty much the same scenario - my friend had just rolled and was sparking up when CID appeared at the car door, ID badge in hand and we were told that they had reason to suspect cannabis use (smelly stuff it is). I kept my mouth pretty much shut as my friend had all the weed and a J in his hand (which he hid successfully) they asked to search the car but the copper that was dealing with us was really sound, and said if we handed our weed over he wouldnt search the car (and find unprescribed morphine, unprescribed co-proxamol and 3 pills probably containing smack and a variety of other shit). My friend handed the weed over and got another caution - he was about to be arrested but the other caution wasnt on the record so he got let off.

As far as I know police can search you only with a valid reason, and being the scumbags they are can get away with saying they suspected a weapon. As far as bail goes a single caution should not result in anything other than paperwork. The fact they couldn't identify the pills allows them to act as if you are in potential possesion of a class A drug, which would be arrest and court etc. When they find out they are legit they should drop charges and no more police involvement should continue. You could, I guess but im no lawyer, not turn up and in court use the pills as evidence against them with a chemical analysis. I wouldnt push it though. File a formal complaint anyway because its not right to get what you got just with good old sensi.

Good luck hope the missus dont bite,

Lawton.
    z- wrote: »
    but sure, you leave your head firmly planted up your arse where it seems to belong ;)

No need to start throwing insults.
    I disagree with you, doesn't make me wrong.
    I see all the good things coppers do, and being a partner to one i am hardly gonna say they are all crap am i.:rolleyes:

deceelpool - Whats that got to do with anything? The poster hasn't been locked up and nor will they be unless they do something else wrong, like not turn up at the station.

pill 'ed - If you really think that all police officers are just out to waste your time and that they don't do any good, you need to grow up. Who do you think catches murderers?
    Seems like some people on this thread think its okay to break the law on their terms...yet if someone they knew was murdered or attacked for example, I don't think they would be critical of the police then.

I'm with Tweety on this one.

To the OP, you did wrong, get over it. You really think your gf would be happier if you end up banged up for longer than necessary? :chin:
    No, there's a difference.

Zo1 was singled out because he was young, catholic and lived in a catholic area. It happens quite a lot here, if he was black and was accussed of carrying a knife and made a thread about it here I'm sure you'd all be signing a different tune.
    Just go, it's not worth the hassle. Go to the prom after. Or pop out (get a cab).

Just to warn you, it could drag out for a while. My ex was stopped by police and was carrying a bag of pills (some sort of gym/protein tablets from Holland and Barrett, but they were in a little money bag, 100 of them), he was charged with drug dealing class A drugs. Now as you had such a small amount this won't happen, but it took months for them to send the tablets off to be tested before it was all dropped.

Pathetic!
    silverhalo wrote: »
    Seems like some people on this thread think its okay to break the law on their terms...yet if someone they knew was murdered or attacked for example, I don't think they would be critical of the police then.

:banghead: .. the whole point in that they SHOULD be out stopping people doing serious crimes instead of arsing about hassling youths .. turlough hit the nail on the head

anyhow just back from the solicitors, things are a tad more complicated than they seemed cuz of those two sleepers in terms of how i'll be penalised, but he said they'll most likely change the date of the interview, so im not overly fussed

thanks to anyone who had anything useful to add :thumb:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    you were doing something you shouldnt have and can't really moan that you have been caught.

You can when the law is an arse. Which it is in this case.

You have get away from this thinking that because it's the law, it MUST be right.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    You can when the law is an arse. Which it is in this case.

You have get away from this thinking that because it's the law, it MUST be right.

The police don't make the law though do they.
    The police don't make the law though do they.

They enforce it and they represnt it. They're also often able to exercise a degree of discretion.
    You have to admit that this is over the top. Think how much time and money has gone into giving z a caution for fuck all.
    Weekender Offender 
    Yeah there is a degree of that but the point is, if they suspect he was carrying hard drugs they have every right to look into it.
    Hes hardly been given hard treatment getting a caution has he? I don't really see what hes moaning about tbh. Yeah its a little inconvienient having to go there but its better than being escourted there and put in a cell surely.
    Yeah there is a degree of that but the point is, if they suspect he was carrying hard drugs they have every right to look into it.

He wasn't though was he?
    Hes hardly been given hard treatment getting a caution has he? I don't really see what hes moaning about tbh.

A caution is still no something you want and really is still a little harsh for the smallest bit hash. Cautions are recorded and can affect some future job applications. We have every right to moan if we think thatstupid laws are being enforced by wankers - which the police often are.
    Yeah its a little inconvienient having to go there but its better than being escourted there and put in a cell surely.

So?
    It may be better than being locked up for a night but that doesn't mean it's not still a waste of time. What benifit do you think this caution and time wasting will serve?
    Weekender Offender 
    few things.. i wasnt carry any HARD drugs.. secondly they had absolutely no reason to think i was carrying any sort of drug, as i said they came over and used the excuse that they got reports we were carrying a knife, solely so they could search us.. i had done absolutely NOTHING wrong, walked from my mates flat nearby into town to get a bus.. wouldnt have even went near the city centre only it was sunday meaning theres fuck all buses, a lot quicker walking in and getting one from there

they've saw us on cctv, decided they didn't like the look of us, came over and asked us a few questions, decided they didn't like where we're from and took it from there

dress it up whatever way you like it, its unfair and its a waste of everyones time

maybe if they start hassling you for walking down the street you'll see the difference :thumb:
    he read me my rights and all that shite, so im pretty sure i was given it.. they're probably going to try and get me to cough up some info for em which isnt gonna happen :yeees:

I'm sure that isn't a "caution".
    i had done absolutely NOTHING wrong,

I'm not getting in to the rights and wrongs of the whole issue, but technically you had done something wrong, or you wouldn't be being asked to appear at the station now would you :p:p
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    I'm sure that isn't a "caution".

im pretty sure it is.. got one previously and never had to go to a police station

and its turning into a bit of a circular argument, yea i shouldnt have had anything in my pocket, but its semi irrelevant as i shouldnt have been approached and hassled like that in the first place

more unfortunate than anything and i usually am very careful, like i said before it was such a small amount i didnt even realise it was in the corner of my bloody pocket

nothin much more to say on the matter, all im really concerned about is getting the interview date shifted, other than that i think i'll be ok ;)
    aswell as two tablets they couldnt identify (2 sleeping tablets, which i also didnt know i had as they're tiny)
    He wasn't though was he?

I was refering to the above, they were sleeping tablets he said but they police had suspition to think they were hard drugs. Otherwise why get them looked at?

Anyway, i don't really care. I just thought/think its a little odd that he would rather get into trouble with the police than the gf. His mistake i guess.
    Can't be arsed to keep going around in circles.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    and its turning into a bit of a circular argument, yea i shouldnt have had anything in my pocket, but its semi irrelevant as i shouldnt have been approached and hassled like that in the first place
    You shouldn't have been approached and hassled like that, that's true, but if you didn't have anything in your pockets they wouldn't have asked you to go. So it's not semi-irrelevant at all.
    They should show some understanding though, and let you change the date and/or time.

pill 'ed - If you really think that all police officers are just out to waste your time and that they don't do any good, you need to grow up. Who do you think catches murderers?

Detectives.

There's no questioning some police do good, but there's alot of low-life coppers out on the beat just being cunts, harrassing people like z- when they should be using their time and resources elsewhere.
    Addict wrote: »
    Detectives.

There's no questioning some police do good, but there's alot of low-life coppers out on the beat just being cunts, harrassing people like z- when they should be using their time and resources elsewhere.

Sure there is, but thats like any job.
    They should show some understanding though, and let you change the date and/or time.

Why should they? They probably have more important things to do than trying to arrange another date that is convinient for the OP.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sofie wrote: »
    Why should they? They probably have more important things to do than trying to arrange another date that is convinient for the OP.
    Good point. But still, that sounds like a big thing to be missed for such a small business (as a caution is, comparatively).
    Sure there is, but thats like any job.

But the powers officers carry mean it isn't 'like any other job'.
    You get some wankers workign in Tesco's what's the worst that could happen, they're rude to you? Unhelpful? At least you can tell them to fuck off.
    What's the worst that can happen with the old bill. I've got few first hand stories where they've lied, and been abusive and there's fuck all you can do about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Sofie wrote: »
    They probably have more important things to do than trying to arrange another date that is convinient for the OP.

Aye like going around harrassing young fellas! :D
    You shouldn't have been approached and hassled like that, that's true, but if you didn't have anything in your pockets they wouldn't have asked you to go. So it's not semi-irrelevant at all.

it is semi irrelevant, if i was treated like a normal person i wouldnt have been searched for walking through town to get the bus home, therefore it doesnt make a difference what the hell was in my pockets .. your average person could walk down the street with a kilo of coke stuffed up their top and not get looked at twice, i dont see why it should be any different for me

and tweety why are you coming off with this 'its like any other job' shite, previously you were defending them for 'upholding the law' .. you either agree with it or don't agree with it, make up your mind (not that im particulary fussed on your opinion)

but yes, this is getting repetitive

and for the record, sleeping tablets arent hard drugs, and like i said a few times they most likely want me to call down to the station so they can try and frighten me into coughin up some info for them .. the pills dont need tested they're clearly prescription tablets due to the imprints

:lol: did you read this thread at all then?
    Like i said earlier its going around in circles and i can't be arsed anymore. You obviously have a very different view to me.
    well its only kinda going in circles, new points are being raised and you seem to ignore plenty of things put forward to you, but yea take the easy way out :)

i think things are a tad black and white to you, but sure, why would you know any better
    Oh please grow up, i have answered everything asked but the last few things as i have better things to do with my time, than trying to talk sence to someone who clearly doesn't give a fuck. So really i don't care if you think i am running away, its called being an adult and knowing when you are flogging a dead horse.
    the whole problem is that you arent talking sense ;)
    the whole problem is that you arent talking sense ;)

:rolleyes:
    put a lot of thought into that one eh