Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can I Trust Him In Amsterdam

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Whoever has that rule, man or woman, sounds like a twat TBH.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

I'm glad i'm not the only one. If you want to have a lads/girls holiday, get out of your tree and shag about, then don't have a partner tbh.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I'm glad i'm not the only one. If you want to have a lads/girls holiday, get out of your tree and shag about, then don't have a partner tbh.

But surely thats the whole idea of going on a lads/girls holiday?!
    Lacy wrote: »
    But surely thats the whole idea of going on a lads/girls holiday?!

Why can't you do it single? How anyone can have fun cheating on their partner is beyond me tbh. Maybe i'm just old fashioned and not 'with it'.
    Why can't you do it single? How anyone can have fun cheating on their partner is beyond me tbh. Maybe i'm just old fashioned and not 'with it'.

You can do it single, but i'd see no problem doing it when i was in a relationship. What they won't know can't hurt them etc. Those sorts of holidays are all supposed to be about having a laugh.
    You can do it single, but i'd see no problem doing it when i was in a relationship. What they won't know can't hurt them etc. Those sorts of holidays are all supposed to be about having a laugh.

So cheating is ok? :confused: If someone considers cheating just a laugh, then they're not mature enough to be in a relationship really. It's not fair on the other person, if you want to sleep around, then be single. Not rocket science.
    So cheating is ok? :confused:

Well sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. We'd be here all day if i was to explain my warped view on cheating!
    Like women don't have that rule as well.

Ok maybe it's just me then :chin:

Lacy, you spanner...
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Hey - I know girls that live by it too, so don't take it too personally!!

:)
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Lacy, you spanner...

:)

Lol next time i'll make sure i read every one of your posts...or not :p
    Yeah, there are definitely a few less than optimum ones around. I was told there's a 'fat' street too... :yuck:

Lol Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
    Lol next time i'll make sure i read every one of your posts...or not :p

It *would* make sense. I always speak the trooof! :P

Somehow, whenever you join in, everything goes off topic. BAD Lacy.
    Back to the original question, seeing as someone is trying to lead me astray :rolleyes: :p

Just let him go. If he gets fucked, he gets fucked. You'll never know and you'll go mad from the what ifs.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

*shudders*

:thumb: If you are going to do that you are either in an open relationship or single in my books otherwise what is the point in a so called "relationship?"....sweet FA.

:yes:
    I can't say I'm surprised by some of the attitudes in this thread. I know a girl who has been with her bf for about 6 years, yet every year she goes on holiday and sleeps with guys. I went away with her a few years ago and she slept with a few guys.

I'm not one to judge but it does make me sad that there are a lot of people around who are like that.

But maybe I'm old fashioned!
    katchika wrote: »
    I can't say I'm surprised by some of the attitudes in this thread. I know a girl who has been with her bf for about 6 years, yet every year she goes on holiday and sleeps with guys. I went away with her a few years ago and she slept with a few guys.

I'm not one to judge but it does make me sad that there are a lot of people around who are like that.

But maybe I'm old fashioned!

Aye - to be honest, I think it's far more common than most people realise... Mainly due to this many times mentioned 'Rule'.

Still, I'm single, so I'm all good :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There was a time when it was very common to practically rape women and it not being thought a crime, that doesn't mean it was right.

Common or not, cheating is cheating under any circumstances. And if you do it, you're a twat.

:yippe: :thumb:
    Aye - to be honest, I think it's far more common than most people realise... Mainly due to this many times mentioned 'Rule'.

Still, I'm single, so I'm all good :)

I think it's terrible!! I was pretty shocked to realise this is a pretty standard 'rule' to be honest....and what (I think it was) Lacy said about "what they don't know can't hurt them" - what about YOU knowing you've cheated on someone? Even if they never ever find out, you're quite happy to know in yourself that you cheat, that's what you do, those are your morals and that's just fine?? :eek2: Find it quite disturbing tbh...:(
    HanHan wrote: »
    I think it's terrible!! I was pretty shocked to realise this is a pretty standard 'rule' to be honest....and what (I think it was) Lacy said about "what they don't know can't hurt them" - what about YOU knowing you've cheated on someone? Even if they never ever find out, you're quite happy to know in yourself that you cheat, that's what you do, those are your morals and that's just fine?? :eek2: Find it quite disturbing tbh...:(

Yeah, a lot of people can deal with 'guilt' better than others. I am brilliant at it as I rarely feel guilty about anything... A lack of a conscience is a god-send in certain situations and so me knowing that I would have been a cheat wouldn't bother me. Sounds twattish, I know, but I can't think of a better way of explaining it right now (just about to run out of the office to the gym again...). I just try my best to avoid situations where I would be getting myself into trouble... and I *usually* succeed.

But yes, there are many occasions when this rule applies.

Lads/girls holidays.
    Lads/girls nights out.
    Stag/Hen dos.

Etc etc etc etc.
    I am brilliant at it as I rarely feel guilty about anything....

Or really really bad at it, depending on your point of view...:rolleyes: What's so great about knowing you can do something wrong without feeling bad about it afterwards? I think guilt as such is a useless emotion, but if you're devoid of the ability to recognise & acknowledge you've done something wrong, I just find that very disturbing....:no:

And can you give any examples of situations where you think having a lack of conscience is useful pleeeze?:thumb:

Agreed.
    Common or not, cheating is cheating under any circumstances. And if you do it, you're a twat.

Personally, if I was with someone I wouldn't go away, cheat on them and then come back acting as though nothing has happened. Surely if someone is happy enough then they'd have no reason to cheat?

But surely if i knew i was gonna feel bad, i wouldn't do it in the first place?! It's totally not a problem for me. I wouldn't say it's disturbing though, i just have no conscience.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Agreed.

Personally, if I was with someone I wouldn't go away, cheat on them and then come back acting as though nothing has happened. Surely if someone is happy enough then they'd have no reason to cheat?

I don't think that is the point... People can be 100% happy and still cheat - it's just a case of whether or not the opportunity arises and if the temptation is too great. Heck, it's that old adage - if you *knew* your partner would never find out and some really REALLY hot person was wanting to jump your bones... would you? I think many people would, even if they're trying to be all decent in front of everybody and say "Of course not, I'm in love with XXXX etc etc etc etc". Really, if the chance came up, I think many people would change their mind.
    But surely if i knew i was gonna feel bad, i wouldn't do it in the first place?! It's totally not a problem for me. I wouldn't say it's disturbing though, i just have no conscience.

Exactly.

... and THIS is where not feeling guilty would come in as an excellent thing.
    HanHan wrote:
    Or really really bad at it, depending on your point of view... What's so great about knowing you can do something wrong without feeling bad about it afterwards? I think guilt as such is a useless emotion, but if you're devoid of the ability to recognise & acknowledge you've done something wrong, I just find that very disturbing....

No, no, no. I *know* I have done something wrong - I just don't care. It's not disturbing... It's just the way some people are. I'm in the same boat as Lacy here - if I didn't want to do something as I knew I would feel bad, I wouldn't do it.

You see, to me, life is too short for regrets, and so I have very very few. Shit happens, you should just deal with it or not do it at all. Black and white to me.

We wouldn't love you any other way. :p
    No, no, no. I *know* I have done something wrong - I just don't care. It's not disturbing... It's just the way some people are.

Finally someone that understands! Having no conscience doesn't mean i'm a totally heartless bitch, it just means that i have fun and am not particularly fussed about the consequences.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    We wouldn't love you any other way. :p

Good. I was starting to get a complex that i was evil :D
    To elaborate a bit more... I would never steal money/property from somebody as 1. That is truly wrong, and 2. I *would* feel shit about it. I would never leave somebody in the lurch etc. If somebody is relying on me, I will not let them down.

BUT - if somebody is hitting on me, and they have a boyfriend, I generally wouldn't give a shit and would go with them as to me, that's THEIR problem. THEY are the ones that are attached etc etc and so if THEY are coming onto me, THEY are giving me the green light. Not my problem if they have a bust up about it.
    Finally someone that understands! Having no conscience doesn't mean i'm a totally heartless bitch, it just means that i have fun and am not particularly fussed about the consequences.

Good. I was starting to get a complex that i was evil :D

Hahaha - you know my thoughts on these things ;) Life's just too short so sit there crying over spilt milk!