Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

25th wedding anniversary present

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its my folks 25th wedding anniversary at the end of this month so it'd be nice to get them something good but i suck at this.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice present to get them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    we've got one coming up too :confused::confused:
    Its their silver wedding, so something silver would be a good starting point.

But aint got a clue what you could get them. All males are shit at buying presents :D
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    For my parents 25th I bought a massive silver photo frame and collected photos of them as a couple, from when they met to the point of their anniversary, to fill it with. I then presented it to them at their party. That was nearly five years ago and they still love it.
    For my ex-boyfriend's parents anniversary (my M&D haven't got that far yet!) we bought a double 7"x5" silver frame, hinged together in the middle.

We got one of their original wedding photos (from his Grandparents) and framed it in the left hand side photo frame. Then we got a voucher from a local photographer for a sitting and several pictures and framed that in the right hand side frame (so that they could have the sitting and pics done and have pics "then" and "now").

Finally we had the frame engraved with "To Mum and Dad.." above the left hand side frame and "..on your 25th Anniversary" under the right hand side frame.

They were well chuffed with it. I think in total it cost about £60 with the sitting and several prints voucher. Frame was from Boots and engraved on the local market.
    It's my parents 25th anniversary this year and I'm planning on getting them a big silver photo frame and possibly some nice wine.
    Me and il hubby got two presents, one for my mum and one for my dad...but we kinda went all out. I bought my mum a white gold, smaller version of her engagement ring. It was a 2carat sapphire circled by diamonds, maybe something in silver/white gold/platinum for your mum.

And for my dad we got him a wireless home theatre system (which was also silver), maybe some sort of silver electronics?

Reason i didnt get a pretty photo frame or clock or anything like that is because they wouldnt get as much use out of it as they would with the gifts we got them.