Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wolves 0 - 6 Southampton

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
No-one probably cares about this apart from me and Skiver but what a fucking result! :lol: I still can't quite believe that we managed to score 6 goals in a single game even with 8 of our regular first team injured. Now why can't we do that every game...

Scoring 6 goals away from home :lol: I'm still laughing now!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No-one probably cares about this apart from me and Skiver

And you would be right! :)
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    And you would be right! :)

Hey - you posted a reply :p

When was the last time your team won 6-0? :D
  • Options
    i'd rather beat barcelona 2-1 away than wolves 6-0.
  • Options
    hazell wrote: »
    i'd rather beat barcelona 2-1 away than wolves 6-0.

I'd rather live down south than in the 'pool :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My flatmate is a Wolves fan :lol:

We had two 6's in one season when we were good. 6-0 against Besiktas and 6-1 against Bradford. Now a win would be good, any win!
  • Options
    I don't like Southampton justnow cause of that diving prick Skacel :no:

I beleive the last time we scored six was an amazing 6-5 win away to Motherwell in 2000.
  • Options

i wouldnt - it's too expensive...not doin that again
  • Options
    When was the last time your team won 6-0? :D

Dunno, probably against some shitty Championship side like Southampton anyway! :p
  • Options
    We (Watford) put 6 passed Southampton last season.

Over two games but shhhh
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Dunno, probably against some shitty Championship side like Southampton anyway! :p

Funny you should mention that, because I believe the last time Southampton put 6 past any team was when we beat Man United 6-3 in 1996. One of the greatest games ever and a fantastic time to be a Saints fan :D
  • Options
    Funny you should mention that, because I believe the last time Southampton put 6 past any team was when we beat Man United 6-3 in 1996. One of the greatest games ever and a fantastic time to be a Saints fan :D

And a Newcastle fan too iirc.

Not too good to be Peter Schmiechel that week!
  • Options
    One of the greatest games ever and a fantastic time to be a Saints fan :D

Lets face it tho, there hasn't been many.
  • Options

Typical southern fairy comment.

Southampton - enough said really, i mean ... southampton. :chin:
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »

There have been loads of awesome moments in the life of the Saints thank you very much. Far too many to spend pixel space enumerating here.

I actually live in Winchester which is nice and pretty far away from the urban decay that is Saafhampt'n. Full of chavs and scooter gangs. I am very proud of being a southern fairy as it turns out.
  • Options
    I am very proud of being a southern fairy as it turns out.

Good for you!
    :thumb:
    FIVE TIMES FIVE TIMES
  • Options
    Good for you!
    :thumb:
    FIVE TIMES FIVE TIMES

So? You're a much bigger club, with much more people living in the area, a richer city, a northern city so kids play football on the streets instead of going to school (:D) etc. etc. To be honest, I'm glad I support a smaller club because it's when they do well against the big boys that it's really gratifying. I mean, if, God forbid, you were a Chelsea or Man Yoo fan, that would be totally shit. Fine you win all the time, but you're meant to win. So in winning, you don't get that much of an elation as it's what you're meant to do; it's what's meant to happen. For smaller clubs, since you're not expected to do that well, a purple patch is seriously enjoyable.

Take Saint's 2003/4 season for example. That was one of the best seasons we've ever had; 8th in the league, FA Cup Final, Europe and having the 2nd top scorer in the country. It was such a great feeling that season. Sadly I was on my gap year and not able to go to as many matches as I would have liked but the highlight was watching the Saints beat Arsenal 3-2 at home. That was a quality game of football.

In my opinion, supporting a smaller club is fantastic as you expect less and thus moments of success are all the more special eg. 1976, Matt Le Tissier etc.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

Saints had one of the longest runs in top flight football - 27 years.
    Watching them wallop Man U 3-1, Man U blaming it on the grey kit, and then kicking their arse again the following season 6-3. :lol:
    Le Tissier scoring the winner with a quality goal in the last minutes of the last game at the Dell, against Arsenal.
    Plus there's pretty much every goal that Le Tissier scored.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QUmSwyz-k8o

Not bad for such a small club.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Saints had one of the longest runs in top flight football - 27 years.
    Watching them wallop Man U 3-1, Man U blaming it on the grey kit, and then kicking their arse again the following season 6-3. :lol:
    Le Tissier scoring the winner with a quality goal in the last minutes of the last game at the Dell, against Arsenal.
    Plus there's pretty much every goal that Le Tissier scored.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QUmSwyz-k8o

Not bad for such a small club.

Let's not forget Man Yoo were relegated in '74 then stormed back two years later to get beaten by Saints in the FA Cup final.

Then as Skive points out, there's the small matter of a certain Matthew Le Tissier...
  • Options
    Le Tissier....Le Tissier

Bothered Bothered Bothered.
  • Options

Thierry who? :D

Personal favourite is the goal against Blackburn. Turns the defender inside out twice then lobs home from 35/40 yards. What a player.
  • Options
    Southampton wont go up. :thumb:
  • Options
    Le Tissier....Le Tissier

Bothered Bothered Bothered.

You should be.
    Isn't he the only non striker to have scored 100 goals in the premiership?
    When you take into account how good most of those goals were and that he scored them whilst playing for Southampton, that's something special.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Btw Thunderstruck, how is Skacel doing for you? He's injured just now is he not?
  • Options
    Le Tissier has been a better and more entertaining player than anyone who has played for Liverpool in the premiership. Who's Liverpool's best ever premiership player? Fowler? McManaman? Le Tissier was more entertaining than them.
  • Options
    Btw Thunderstruck, how is Skacel doing for you? He's injured just now is he not?

He scored against Wolves and played pretty well. Think this was his 2nd or 3rd game back. Good to have him back given the injuries we've got at the mo. Let's just hope Rasiak recovers from his virus quickly.
    Addict wrote:
    Le Tissier has been a better and more entertaining player than anyone who has played for Liverpool in the premiership. Who's Liverpool's best ever premiership player? Fowler? McManaman? Le Tissier was more entertaining than them.

:yes: I still think Le God was the best player of his generation who was unforgivably overlooked for England by Venables and Hoddle in favour of nobodies like Rob Lee et al.

Plus was loyal to his boyhood club and stayed there his whole career despite big money offers from Liverpool, AC Milan and a few others. Shows that he was loyal and not a money-grabbing wanker like most of the Premiershit players these days.
  • Options
    Thierry who? :D

Personal favourite is the goal against Blackburn. Turns the defender inside out twice then lobs home from 35/40 yards. What a player.

Left flowers on his back in goal. :D

That, the free kick against Wimbledon and the goal against Arsenal in the last minutes at the last game at the dell menaing a 3-2 victory. My favourites.

My Old man was there when they won the Cup and he made a fortune selling the commemorative mirrors. Still got one at home.

I remember as a kid, when I used to live in Soton and my old man used to take me to The Dell - Le Tissier, Shearer, The Wallace brothers. Havn't been to St Marys for a over a year now because of work. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Gotta admire his loyalty, especially to a smaller club.

Love his outlandish goals too.
  • Options
    You should be.
    Isn't he the only non striker to have scored 100 goals in the premiership?
    When you take into account how good most of those goals were and that he scored them whilst playing for Southampton, that's something special.

Still not bothered.