Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

police question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
got cautioned yesterday and kindly supplied with some kind of bail form, stating that i need to go to the police station on thursday night for some sort of interview

problem is i cant be there at that time, theres somewhere else that i HAVE to go

is it possible to get it changed to a different time? knowin those wankers most likely not

chances are ill just not go, and going by what it says on the form ill get arrested, which i dont really care about.. unless if i would be penalised for not going?

cheers for any info :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is there a number you can contact on the notice so you can ask if you can change the date?

If not then you'll just have to cancel your other plans. What is so important that you can't make that date?

Not turning up will just cause more hassle than its worth.
    nope no number.. ill ask my solicitor tommorrow and find out for sure, was curious!

and ive a formal to go to, cant really not go, dont think the missus would be too happy ;)
    I would try and call/ speak with your brief/ go into the station and see if this is an appointment which could be moved to another time or day.

However, this isnt the dentist, if the police give you a time and date when they need to see you, its unlikely they will rearrange (expect in exceptional circumstances).

The last thing you need is for this to go further. If you want this over sooner rather than later and with the minimum of fuss, go now, and dont ask to rearrange.

Good luck

:thumb:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    You might be best just going into the station and asking there. They might be ok with it, or as you said speak to your solicitor.
    If you don't go, when it comes to court it can a) mean you are more likely to be found guilty, and b) receive a harsher punishment and c) if you are ever in trouble again, and need bail, you may not be granted it.
    I think you should nip down see what they say, dont say why, but just ask, if not, then you will need to go babes, apologise to your girlfriend, but just explain its better than them coming there to arrest you and causing a scene!
    :p
    Let me know how it goes
    z- wrote: »
    dont think the missus would be too happy ;)

I don't think the Police will be too happy if you don't turn up either, and I know who I would rather upset.

My brother was bailed to return once. He didn't and he was arrested a couple of days later, held overnight and he had to appear in court the next day charged with failing to attend. He got off because his solicitor had advised him he needn't attend :rolleyes:
    its only a caution, i didnt think you had to go to court for that?

im not calling into the station, not spending a second longer in the place than needs be, ill try and get a hold of a number!

i dont really care about them coming and making a scene out of it, better than havin to listen to her :p
    its only a caution, i didnt think you had to go to court for that?

im not calling into the station, not spending a second longer in the place than needs be, ill try and get a hold of a number!

i dont really care about them coming and making a scene out of it, better than havin to listen to her :p

awww love! Such a beautiful thing ;)

No I dont think you do have to go to court for a caution, but I dont see why you have been bailed to return for an interview, why did they not just do it there and then, if its only a caution, it shouldnt take long,.
    Tbh, Id be suprised if they showed up at the do, but it might be a way to get out of it :)
    Oh and I want some piccies when you go.
    Are they still investigating the incident (whatever it was)?
    they searched us (for fuck all reason :impissed: ) and found a bit of smoke in my pocket, didnt even know i had it.. it was a tiny amount, in the corner of my pocket .. aswell as two tablets they couldnt identify (2 sleeping tablets, which i also didnt know i had as they're tiny)

they said they were searching us because they thought we were carrying a knife (load of shite, just wanted an excuse) .. he was scraping around in the corner of my pockets .. funny fuckin knife he was lookin eh :mad:

i dont see what it is that they could be investigating .. maybe something to do with the tablets, not too sure, chances are they're trailing me in to try and get me to tout and tell them where i got the gear ... which is a waste of both my time and their time
    what has your solicitor said about it all? Did you get taken to the station at the time?
    Bunnie wrote: »
    what has your solicitor said about it all? Did you get taken to the station at the time?

no i didnt get taken to the station, i think that was half the reason they give it to me

it says on the form 'the police and criminal evidence order gives a police officer power to grant bail to someone arrested for an offence which requires them to attend a police station at a later date, rather than taking them to a police station immediately after arrest'

and ive a meeting with my solicitor tommorrow
    yeah thats true. They do have the power. I would just sit tight, and see what the solicitor says tomorrow. But I doubt you will be able to change the dates, and it will be worse if you dont go. What time is the formal at? could you not go after you have been for your interview?
    You should try to behave in future Aiden! :p x
    the interviews lateish.. (8pm) so it would be a bit of a squeeze..

and i was behaving myself, thats the most frustrating thing!
    Well talking to a copper the answer is no not unless you talk to them nicely and even then they probably won't change it.
    I find it really bizarre that you are willing to get arrested so you don't upset your partner, do you really wanna be spending a night or more in a cell?
    Also, why would you partner want you to spend a night in a cell?
    I know if I had a formal with the missus I'd want to go to it instead of some shitty interview with a few wanker peelers. :thumb:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I know if I had a formal with the missus I'd want to go to it instead of some shitty interview with a few wanker peelers. :thumb:

What's a formal? :blush:
    What the Americans call "Prom". Do you call it prom too?

:yes:

Oh! Yes! Had one at school....:) I see! Thanks! :thumb:
    she doesnt want me to spend a night in a cell, infact she doesnt even know about it yet .. im not overly fussed either way, a night in a cell isnt exactly the end of the world.. dont think its fair for me to go around fuckin up everyones plans, id happily do it if i didnt get penalised or charged .. ill see what the solicitor has to say

you'd think the police would have better things to do eh :chin:

you'd think the police would have better things to do eh :chin:

What something better than inforcing the law you mean?
    Tweety wrote: »
    What something better than inforcing the law you mean?

Bollocks.
    how about doing something resourceful with their time?

im sure there were 100's of more serious crimes being committed at that time that they could have spent their time on, instead of 7 officers dicking about hassling a couple of youths over basically fuck all because they don't like the look of them and they don't like where they're from (not that you'd know anything about this)

i think if you are going to sit there and say that it was police time well spent, then you're daft :thumb:
    It sounds like you haven't actually been given an official caution which is why you have to appear at the police station to be interviewed at a later date.

Still, I am only basing this on my experience which is related to my brother.
    he read me my rights and all that shite, so im pretty sure i was given it.. they're probably going to try and get me to cough up some info for em which isnt gonna happen :yeees:
    I reckon they will prob be testing the pills.
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Bollocks.

Whats bollocks?

As for op, well yeah maybe there was more important things they could have been doing but at the end of the day you were doing something you shouldnt have and can't really moan that you have been caught.
    Tweety wrote: »
    Whats bollocks?

As for op, well yeah maybe there was more important things they could have been doing but at the end of the day you were doing something you shouldnt have and can't really moan that you have been caught.

You can really moan, when a lot of people aren't locked up for a little bit of weed.
    Fucking pigs always screw up everything.
    Had these two coppers who are like obsessed with trying to catch me and my mates with drugs, following me around everywhere yesterday. Just leave me the hell alone, go and catch a real criminal you Nazi morons.