Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Laptop acting strange

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
On Thursday night, being the drunken so and so I was, I fell asleep whilst my music was playing. 5 hours later I woke up and it was still on so reset my computer as it was being all slow and shit.

Anyways, the first thing that comes up on the screen froze and I had to turn it off from by using power button. I turned it off for about 10 mins and then it was ok. However, since then its started doing it alot.

Whats my laptop playing at?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like its had to much to drink.

haha

erm on a serious note, not too sure did you download any files or installed any new applactions?
    There's really no reason why having the laptop on overnight should have caused an issue. Our work laptops are routinely on for hours every day, and they manage to clunk on through.

So the good news is you probably didn't cause it by falling asleep with it on.

The bad news is that I've not really any idea what's wrong with it.

Is there a cd in the drive?

Is it connected to the internet? Does it speed up if not?

If there is a fan on the bottom is that bit blocked or dusty?
    There isn't any CD's in it, no.

I am connected to the internet yes. I always am. I've not noticed if its slower if it is!

I don't think a fan is blocked.

My laptop is just going crazy then? :lol:
    It does sound like it is just being odd. Ours does this as well. And it was fine until dad decided to reboot it.
    where was the laptop when you fell asleep?

Most girls I know use their laptop in bed, especially now there's WiFi - unfortunately beds and laptops don't mix - mattresses / sheets block the air vents, etc - could have over heated if it was on the bed and you fell alseep

IF it's slow then download a program that helps speed up PC's there's loads of free ones about

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

this trial will also work
    Nope it was on my desk.
    This article is interesting - it says PC's actually slow down with old age

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/04/01/cpu_time_dilation/
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    This article is interesting - it says PC's actually slow down with old age

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/04/01/cpu_time_dilation/
    April fool's. :p

Actually, I think it's windows that slows down with age. If you format and reinstall things should be as fast as they were in the beginnning.
    Now the cynic in me would say that perhaps M$ has added code to slow down the system using the time that passed since its installation, or even worse given the date.
    :lol: Lucky I didn't read it then!