Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

overdose on coke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody know how much cocaine you would have to do to overdose by way of sniffing? I realize everyone's tollerance is different but a general idea would be great to know if anyone has an answer.

Comments

• Options
    dunno, never tried overdosing. You dont develop tolerance for coke, only the predetermined one by your body. We had an overdose fatality here a while back, but I couldn't get an answer out of him when I asked how much he took. I think he was suffering a severe case of death.
  • Options
    Got no idea with coke... it's too expensive to OD on, ur talking hundreds of pounds worth I guess. Done 2g's in bout half an hour n that was ok but never able to afford more than that
  • Options
    I was on coke quite bad a year ago but thankfully sorted that out. I used to take huge quantitys and never managed to OD however A close friend got through over half an ounce in a night and nearly killed herself!She was trying to kill herself by the way.
    Its not easy to OD, only really if u have been getting coke thats been mixed and u suddenly get pure and take a large quantity without knowing (thats usually the case with accidental overdoses).
    Im not sure the avaerage amount though, but u do have to be carefull.
  • Options
    (-dunno, never tried overdosing. You dont develop tolerance for coke, only the predetermined one by your body. We had an overdose fatality here a while back, but I couldn't get an answer out of him when I asked how much he took. I think he was suffering a severe case of death.-)

i gotta laugh!!!!! i like it...
  • Options
    I think it depends. Apparently overdoses are fairly rare with cocaine users, but when they do happen, they are serious. The normal reaction is a heart attack, but also could be seizures, aneurysm, stroke, and dangerously high blood pressure.

IV users are more likely to overdose than smokers or snorters.

If you feel any symptoms of these, call a freakin' ambulance!

I ODed in September. It was pretty obvious to me, because of the brutal chest pain.That was a half gram, injected at once.Felt awful and screwed my heart up, but I'm still here.
  • Options
    half ounce of coke... mmmm
    that's like 14f... probably like £400 worth of coke...mmmm

n e way, how'd u inject coke?? n y?
  • Options
    Not that I'm recomending injecting any drug, but coke is easily injectable.

Unlike heroin, it disolves instantly in water, so you don't have to heat it. The other big difference between injecting coke and heroin in that you must inject coke into a vein. You can't inject into a muscle (muscling) or under the skin (skin popping). Apparently, it is quite caustic and will destroy the tissue.

The high is much more intense than snorting, but only lasts about 10 minutes.

Again, I don't reccomend it, but if you do try it, use way less than you would snort since the effect is much greater.
  • Options
    Ooops. Forgot to answer your other question.

Why inject? Basically, it's economics. You get 100% of the drug in your system, as opposed to snorting or smoking, where much is wasted.

When you look at different drug prices, you noticee that the most expensive ones are the most likely to be injected.

Guess I'm just cheap. ;-)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Burnout_Girl:
    Ooops. Forgot to answer your other question.

Why inject? Basically, it's economics. You get 100% of the drug in your system, as opposed to snorting or smoking, where much is wasted.

When you look at different drug prices, you noticee that the most expensive ones are the most likely to be injected.

Guess I'm just cheap. ;-)
    I think that you sound like a really nice person and I think that the situation with your friend Blade is that it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. I am sure that she is probably ok too or else you would never have been friends in the first place.
    I want you two to become friends again, life really is too short..