Home Drink & Drugs
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here

Drugs - I am Talking Risk Reduction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
The need for this post has become obvious.

It seems that I am getting flamed on this forum (which is fine) for having an anti-drug stance (which is NOT fine).

All those people out there who think that I am against drug use - PLEASE RE-READ MY POSTS.

I am against destructive and stupid drug use. I am however for intelligent drug use. What the fuck is that some of you may ask?

Well, it is about knowing the potential dangers of drugs (both psychological and physiological) and then counteracting those effects.

Just to take drugs and then turn around and say "there is nothing wrong with me" IS STUPID AND NOT ENOUGH. Nobody will listen to you.

What happens on a neurological level when i ingest MDMA? what effect does this substance have on the way the neurotransmitters are fired from the synapse? If you are a user of MDMA dont you think you should be able to answer my questions? The information is out there - LOOK.

Do you ride your motorcycle without a helmet? If you do and you think your cool because you are not wearing a helmet - GET THE FUCK OFF YOUR BIKE! The consequences are NOT fun. And if you do fall and hurt yourself - FUCK OFF because you will get NO sympathy and you will probably blame the manufacturer (or society) for your own fucking ignorance and stupidity.

Thank you RedEd for you know what.



Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Path2Eternity:
    getting flamed for having an anti-drug stance? *path2eternity sighs... and slows his speech so the purple guy can understand*

    no... there have been lots of people on these forums (i.e. venuzuela) who have opened friendly debates on the subject.

    you? no... you say things like "Or is this forum made up of fuck-ups who think it is cool to pop more pills than the next guy in one night!" and "Am i surrounded by morons?"

    [This message has been edited by Karla (edited 02-11-2000).]

    awwwww Karla, couldn't you have waited till I had read it first lol

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't act dumb. You know exactly why it had to be edited.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know u r an administrator, Karla but there's no need to take that tone is there?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my opinion the unedited post was extremely offensive and unsuitable for these boards. The person who made the post has been asked to tone down their comments by other moderators on previous occasions, and has already been made aware of the board use guidelines.

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's fine, Karla but there is no need to be offensive is there?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Path2Eternity:
    getting flamed for having an anti-drug stance? *path2eternity sighs... and slows his speech so the purple guy can understand*

    no... there have been lots of people on these forums (i.e. venuzuela) who have opened friendly debates on the subject.

    you? no... you say things like "Or is this forum made up of fuck-ups who think it is cool to pop more pills than the next guy in one night!" and "Am i surrounded by morons?"

    [This message has been edited by Karla (edited 02-11-2000).]

    Please re-read my posts you mimic.

    Daze and Dirty Harry are at least talking in their own words, but you are merely a pathetic echo. You are one of those people that talk, talk, talk, talk without actually saying anything!

    Either make a comment on the impact of this thread ie the harm reduction aspects of drug use. Or do you have nothing to contribute? Dont bother, you have already answered that question.

    Ok, from now on I am going to TOTALLY ignore Path2Nowhere - so Karla do not waste your time deleting his/her posts. I am not reading them anymore.

    I am genuinely interested in anything constructive that people have to say about harm reduction etc. (especially Daze and Dirty) but i would really like anyone to respond.

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is a short introduction to the basic ideas behind harm reduction on this page:
    http://www.thesite.org/drugs/opinions/harm_reduction.html

    ..if anybody would like to have a look at it and join in the debate!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Amethyst D. - You've assumed that no one else but you has done any research on drugs. Well I've read TONS on MDMA simply to find out what it is doing to me and you know what? I'm still a hardcore pill-puppy. So what's your point?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Amethyst Deceiver:
    The need for this post has become obvious.

    It seems that I am getting flamed on this forum (which is fine) for having an anti-drug stance (which is NOT fine).

    All those people out there who think that I am against drug use - PLEASE RE-READ MY POSTS.

    I am against destructive and stupid drug use. I am however for intelligent drug use. What the fuck is that some of you may ask?

    Well, it is about knowing the potential dangers of drugs (both psychological and physiological) and then counteracting those effects.

    Just to take drugs and then turn around and say "there is nothing wrong with me" IS STUPID AND NOT ENOUGH. Nobody will listen to you.

    What happens on a neurological level when i ingest MDMA? what effect does this substance have on the way the neurotransmitters are fired from the synapse? If you are a user of MDMA dont you think you should be able to answer my questions? The information is out there - LOOK.

    Do you ride your motorcycle without a helmet? If you do and you think your cool because you are not wearing a helmet - GET THE FUCK OFF YOUR BIKE! The consequences are NOT fun. And if you do fall and hurt yourself - FUCK OFF because you will get NO sympathy and you will probably blame the manufacturer (or society) for your own fucking ignorance and stupidity.

    Thank you RedEd for you know what.



    I must say I totally agree with this one. You should be aware of what u r taking and inform yourself as much as possible. That way u have made a decision knowing all the risks and shit involved.
    Im all for cluing yourself up, if your gonna take em then u may aswell know what u r taking.

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why have you all got it in for Amethyst?

    J9
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't have it in for Amethyst at all, I was merely pointing out that many people (like myself) are informed about their drug use yet continue that drug use. That's all <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/smile.gif"&gt;
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok fair enuff, if we take drugs we should know the possible consequences.
    But needing to know the consequences down to the exact neurological pathways n exact contions drugs affect I dont think so.
    I know they're harmful, but unles I take a degree course and write a paper on the affects of drugs then I dont feel its neccassary to know everything there is to know about it.

    It's like drinking, every1 knows it damages ur liver, but I doubt many people would know what areas of the liver it affects, how it affects them and what all the possible repurcussion are.

    Everytime u breath ur getting poisoned, but do u know the exact chemicals ur taking into ur system and what could happen to u?

    Listening to music?? do u know how this affects ur ears and brain?

    If I wanted to know the exact details I'd take a course on chemistry and biology.

    As for the affects of E, there is no real proof of any of the affects as the drug hasnt been around long enuff.

    I dont mind being told what can happen and affects at all, but I wouldnt go and look them up n learn them, I got better things to do wiuth my time.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Daze:
    As for the affects of E, there is no real proof of any of the affects as the drug hasnt been around long enuff.



    Actually MDMA was patented in 1914.
    It hit the NY select party scene in the late 70's early 80's. So it has been around long enough.

    In the eraly 80's this substance was being used by therapists to help patients with a variety of issues. Everything from marital problems, people suffering from terminal illnesses etc.

    My point is that there HAS (and still is) a large amount of research being done into the effects of this substance. Look at www.maps.org.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by trancegrrl:
    Amethyst D. - You've assumed that no one else but you has done any research on drugs. Well I've read TONS on MDMA simply to find out what it is doing to me and you know what? I'm still a hardcore pill-puppy. So what's your point?

    Then tell us all what it is doing to you. Inform us.

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why - is it so you can prove me wrong like you did with Daze's posts? And show how much better informed you are or whatever. Its apparent you think you know everything on it already so I don't see what other reason you'd want to know from me.
    But anyways, its my understanding, and I'm no neurologist but my basic understanding is that MDMA causes the release of extra serotonin and dopamine in the brain. Two neurotransmitters that control pleasure and relief from pain. And basically it stops the up-take process that usually occurs. Thus, the problem lies in there being too much of these neurotransmitters in the brain. Increased dopamine has been known to cause schizophrenia. Also because of extra neurotransmitters, the brain becomes desensitized to it kinda which can result in depression.

    So that's my limited understanding - but I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong blah blah blah.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok u say ur for intelligent drug use.. u still havnt really explained what it is n how to do it, all u say is that u got to know what they do to u.

    How do u take pills intelligently then? Considering that if I take less than 5 I dont feel n e thing at all n I need 8 to feel a nice affect off pills.

    How am I menna take them(if i wanted to, which I dont really cos they're getting boring now) intelligently.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So Amethyst Deceiver has read Altered State? Well done. Doesn't give u the right to start preaching to everyone else though. I totally agree that drug abuse is pathetic and that anyone who thinks that taking lots of drugs is in someway a really good thing then they need help. However everything has risk associated with it and if you get hung up on the risks then you're not gonna have much fun. Being informed is fine but don't think that just because you've read a couple of books that you can talk down to people.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought Amethyst was at least interesting because it threw up some unusual ideas, but it looks like the overly hostile response scared him/her off. Didn't agree with everything Amethyst said, but I was looking forward to a really good debate about the things we disagreed on.

    Shame really.

    Ed
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What was so overly hostile RedEd? I was just pointing out that he kindof just assumed that noone else knew anything but him on the subject?
Sign In or Register to comment.