Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

monster.co.uk and the rest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anybody have any esxperience of these websites where, unless i have got it completely wrong, you put your cv up and employers contact you - good or bad feedback would be welcome

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I've done the US versions on about 3 I think. I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but when I put the resume on there, just for general data entry or admin stuff, by the end of the day and for the next month or more I got about 3-4 phone calls a day and several emails. Since I quit retail its the only way I've looked for/found a job. There are *many* temp agencies on there, for the one I used, at least. But I am also quite fond of them as they have always been a great help too.

However, most of the emails are almost like spam. ... recently saw your resume online and feel you would be ideal for an immediate opening as an Administrative Assistant with our company. We are Amateur Poker Tour USA, one of the most exciting website launches in the last few years... like that, and those seem to never end, so I guess maybe set up a seperate email for the online job searching so you don't get bombarded with them!
    Waste of time imo mate. Monster is only any good if you are super qualified with lots of experience. Best bet for finding work is to just visit an agency and speak to them
    I disagree, I found Monster to be ok. Wouldn't suggest you just rely on Monster in your job hunting.

But its worth putting your CV on there.

:thumb:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    T'hubby has got nearly all his jobs either through monster or jobsite and other similar websites :yes:

It is a good way to get yourself out there.
    jobsite.co.uk got my CV to more places than other websites. Many of the adverts do not represent real jobs though, and are just there to draw your CV in, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I work in IT though, and - without blowing my own trumpet too much - my CV is fairly strong. If you don't work in IT (which seems to be what most of the jobs on these sites are for) or your CV is more average then you may get a lukewarm response from the websites. It's mostly agencies that use them rather than companies, and the agencies want candidates that they can put forward who will be noticed.