Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I ask ye

I have this constant thing whereby the people i am interested in are never interested in me. Does this happen to other people? I'm not sure what to do to change it. I mean am i just hideously ugly, or ya know totally boring or something. Or at worst both :chin:

Should i just lower my standards and go for one of the numerous weirdos that are interested in me or wait? Such a dilemma.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm the same hun, i think its called love of the chase...
  • Options
    I'm the same. However, I always make the mistake of falling for someone who has a girlfriend...
  • Options
    This is pretty much my position too. On top of that are those I am interested in usually in relationships too (just one single exception in the last 12 months). I don't think I have "high standards", I am just picky and have a taste of my own.

There might arise some chances here and there, but if I am interested in another girl I just can't do it and can't be bothered with that.

Others can't understand it either, so it's just another case of "the right one hasn't crossed my path yet."

I don't think "lowering ones standards" really works. Either you are interested in them, and that's pretty much a decision you don't make on your own, or you are not to begin with.
  • Options
    I'm the same aswell. You would think with so many people around that at least ONE of the people you have come across or might come across would feel the same about you but it never materialises.

I too always seem to like a girl who already has a boyfriend. Very annoying.

I got so fed up with the rejection and falling for those who are taken i gave up looking for someone and don't allow myself to fall for anyone anymore, if i have the slightest hint of liking someone i won't associate with them. Who needs that kind of hurt all the time eh.
  • Options
    This is everyone's problem.

I like hairy Russian lesbians, they don't like me! :crying:
  • Options
    I think a lot of people have this problem. at least i hope so cos it always happens to me! Its so annoying isnt it. You can't change it. Either people like you or they dont I guess...

When I think about it though theres been a few lads who've said they liked me and I don't like them...so I guess they're feeling that way that the person they like never likes them back...and then it all goes round in a big roundabout doesnt it. Yeeeah I'm well rambling.

Its all hard work.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote: »

I got so fed up with the rejection and falling for those who are taken i gave up looking for someone and don't allow myself to fall for anyone anymore, if i have the slightest hint of liking someone i won't associate with them. Who needs that kind of hurt all the time eh.

Pretty much spot on, on how i am as well. Not that i wanna be that way, just seems to happen.
  • Options
    C'est la vie,sigh! The 'unrequited amour' is a wretched creature -needs the coup de gras quickly! But, 'miss erotic fantasy life' does have her soft charms......
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Does this happen to other people? I'm not sure what to do to change it. I mean am i just hideously ugly.

Happens to me, but that's because im hideously ugly.
  • Options
    It's a common problem. Imo some people are early bad at showing they like someone through body language and others aren't savvy at working out if someone fancies them. But finding out is loads of fun. The flirt
    part!
    you never know your crush might like you back
  • Options
    I have the same problem but on the odd occasion when I think someone does like me I bottle it,avoid them and dont even consider trying to find out if they do like me.:banghead:
    Plus,Im bloody useless at flirting anyway so if I tried that it would send them running........:nervous:
  • Options
    Yeah it happens to me all the time, it sucks. The few girls who I am interested in and who are interested in me back, usually have boyfriends and have to turn me down.
  • Options
    Yep. This happens to me too... all the time. :yeees:
  • Options
    I wish I could draw a quintessence out of those replies. Maybe wait for a few more.
  • Options
    god there should be a club for this i swear i could be the team leader every single time this happens to me and has just happened to me once again i swear am going to become a nun that way i wouldn't get hurt anymore..
  • Options
    it happens to me (theres a surprise from reading all of the other posts)

read "confused...very" on the relationships board and read my problem and offer advice

or read "boxers" on the style & appearance board to find out and offer advice on how i should cope with a girlfriend wanting me to 'do it' right there right then