Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kids Parties!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so it's my birthday soon (like... a month and a bit) and i want to have a kids style party :D

So... what did you associate with your parties when you were younger? Food? Drink? Games? And how could it be made a bit more... adult? Any ideas for what to go into a party bag would be welcome as well... i don't want to spend much money, but i do want it to be fun!

Obviously there will be Party Rings and Vodka Jelly involved :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bouncy castle, jelly and ice cream, paper plates, silly hats
    Oooh, i forgot about hats :D

I'm not sure i can stretch to a bouncy castle. And i'm also not sure how good an idea it is when we'll all have been drinking and eating lots of rubbish!
    Pass The Parcel
    My brother hired a bouncy castle for one of his house parties, was great fun and there was one injury all evening.

Play silly games you used to play as kids: British bulldog (space allowing), musical statues, etc.
    FANCY DRESS!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I remember when my dad dressed up in a bugs bunny costume for my 5th birthday party and me and all my little girly friends chased him around the garden :lol:

He was a gorilla but it scared my brother :grump:
    Pinata!
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Pinata!

What's that?

Cheese & pineapple.
    Sofie wrote: »
    What's that?

Wee spanish thing that hangs from a tree with sweets in it and people with blindfolds try and smash it.
    It's a big hollow shape that you fill with sweets and then beat with sticks. I think. Sounds good actually!
    oh dont rule out a bouncy castle, you can get them pretty reasonable im sure!

For the party bag you can put those mini bottles of various alcohol
    Oh definatly with the hats and pinata :D What a great idea for a party.

How about (after enough of the jelly vodka shots ;)) games like pin the tail on the donkey and musical chairs.
    Ah, that's a good idea :) It's gonna have birthday cake as well... and i might see if i can get some of that popping candy and put some of that in (cos it's fun) and candy necklaces, and a party popper.

Oooh, i'm quite excited :)
    have a whole theme....cake, plates, hats, donkey tail thing, bouncy castle piniata...........oooo i want to come :p
    Oh oh oh, I love party bags! There was always without fail one of those dinosaur things on sticks with a little handle that opened and closed its mouth :hyper:

Cocktail sausages, cake, frazzles, wotsits, musical statues, musical chairs, pass the parcel..

Hire a stripper in a magician's outfit!

Aw, I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.. :hyper:
    These things too! 001720.jpg
    pajama party?
    LOL...what timing... my daughter is having a family party on Thursday for her birthday (school holidays so I'm not going to try and arrange a "friends" birthday party this year) and you've just reminded me of some things I missed off the menu! LOL
    Musical statues - but instead of being out, you have to drink a shot (could get interesting).
    Jelly with vodka

Bear in mind that any party games, especially musical chairs, could get very violent, so remove anything valuable.
    A bouncy castle would be AWESOME! And jelly and ice cream, obviously :hyper:
    sandwiches cut into heart and star shapes :D and cheesy wotsits in bowls

and an awesome game called poisoned smarties, but i can't remember how to play it.

ooh and pass the parcel but with forefits in every layer, like do a handstand or stand on 1 leg for a round - could be funny when mixed with vodka jelly :D

musical chairs, bumps and statues - awesome

i want to be 5 :(

Oooh and you have to have flying saucers in the party bags (is that what they're called, with the sherbert inside?)
    ooh i love getting party bags :D

u should defo get some of those crappy jelly type dinosaur finger puppet things to put in them (if you get me!! im sure im not the only one who used to get those ALL the time!)
    purple violets, candy necklaces/bracelets, lollypops, and of course the obligatory snack size choc :D

as for the party itself, you should defo have pass the parcel! its the best!! or umm.. musical chairs!! that would be especially funny when played with drunk people :)
    Ooh, that ham with a face in it.
    Oooh, i forgot about hats :D

I'm not sure i can stretch to a bouncy castle. And i'm also not sure how good an idea it is when we'll all have been drinking and eating lots of rubbish!

Oh yeah a bouncy castle yea, I want one now! Combined with vodka jelly it could be awesome!

Other than that, party poppers (I was shit scared of them), billy bear ham thing, party rings and all sorts of other things which have already been mentioned.

Don't forget the balloons! (helium after vodka jelly could be fun!)
    Bouncy castle, that superman song, rollerskating, cocktail sausages on sticks with pickled onions and cheese or pineapple instead of pickled onions stuck in a grapefruit that is covered with tinfoil, paper plates and cups, jelly and ice-cream, ooo that game where you hit each other with rolled up newspaper, the 'corners' game and a novelty birthday cake.

Also, those animal chocolate biscuit things.
    Updated games -
    Musical chairs but you don't have anyone out ... they have to sit on other people's knees; sounds shit but I promise it's very entertaining.
    Pass the orange under chin/balloon between knees (always looks rude) race/game. An alternative is where you attach a long piece of string to a spoon, which has to be passed up through the first person's clothes and then down through the next person's clothes until a whole line of people are attached.