Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Insecurity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm really struggling at the moment and I don't really know what to do.

I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year now and it's going fine most of the time. I'm just really insecure at the moment.

I keep having dreams that he's gone back to his ex girlfriend or that he's gone off with this girl we both know. I had one of these types of dreams last night and it's been upsetting me all day. I know it's not real but I can't get the images out of my head.

I just keep thinking that he could do loads better than me. :(

I've not always been like this, just recently it's been worse.

Anyone else felt like this at some point?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never. It's all about your self image, your self esteem and to me it sounds really low.

Has he ever done anything to suggest that he wants someone else?
    Yep i have felt like it a few times. Just let him know how you feel, your probably just lacking reassurance from him, lots of cuddles and kisses do it for me then i'm back on track again :p easily pleased :razz:
    Never. It's all about your self image, your self esteem and to me it sounds really low.

Has he ever done anything to suggest that he wants someone else?

My self esteem isn't too good recently and i'm trying to work on it!

He's never done anything to make me think like this, so i'm pretty sure it's just me!
    squeal wrote: »
    Yep i have felt like it a few times. Just let him know how you feel, your probably just lacking reassurance from him, lots of cuddles and kisses do it for me then i'm back on track again :p easily pleased :razz:

I've spoken to him and I feel alot better now, I think I did just want some reassurance from him. I just hope the dreams knob off lol.
    i get those dreams too and i probably have much more cause than you to be scared tbh. HOWEVER you can't let them get to you - all they are is your subconscious expressing itself and don't necessarily have anything at all to do with real life.

but they are really really horrible and i can sympathise :) let's just both hope we get some peaceful nights soon :)