Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help plz

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanx smitherez i have nearly stopped myself from shaking now i dont want to lose him but im worried he will dump me if i dont say i want to have a baby with him right now

There's much more to a relationship than having hildren together. Surely the first few months of being together would be getting to know each other better than even thinking about having a baby, moving in together, etc.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Sofie wrote: »
    There's much more to a relationship than having hildren together. Surely the first few months of being together would be getting to know each other better than even thinking about having a baby, moving in together, etc.

Yea spot on, and the most vital part
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    I don't think they would keep you in hospital a month for a mental breakdown, what a waste of a bed.

Sounds like you can pick at his story's quite easily

Yes they can. The secure mental wards. If you're sectioned, that's where you go.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Yes they can. The secure mental wards. If you're sectioned, that's where you go.

A whole month?
  • Options
    I think the hospital deide ho long you go n for. So, if they decide that you're mentally unstable, they probably will keep you in for as long as they see fit.
  • Options
    I think the hospital deide ho long you go n for. So, if they decide that you're mentally unstable, they probably will keep you in for as long as they see fit.

Damn i thought there would be other methods to save on hospital space as thats a long time
  • Options

Your "c" is'nt working is'nt it??
  • Options
    What's his favourite flavour of icecream kitty??
  • Options
    You don't love him. Get out of this now.
  • Options
    Lol, what are you on? This is ridiculous and you know it.
  • Options
    thanx smitherez i have nearly stopped myself from shaking now i dont want to lose him but im worried he will dump me if i dont say i want to have a baby with him right now
    Why would you be scared of losing someone you've only been with for 4 days? Dont take things so seriously!!
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Why would you be scared of losing someone you've only been with for 4 days? Dont take things so seriously!!

:yes:

How long have you known him for?
  • Options
    You have been together for 4 days and he wants to get engaged? Sounds a sign of insecurity to me. He wants something "official" as a way of trying to hold on to you because he wants to make sure.

Say no to engagement yet. After 2 years if you are still together and strong you might consider it. Even then, 18 is still very young to be getting married but at least with 2 years together you might want to make a decision.

As for the anti-depressants, this is no cause for alarm. He may be suffering from bi-polar or similar, and with the anti-depressants he can live a normal life.
  • Options
    I'm just going to say what everyone else is thinking but they're afraid to say...

What the fuck?
  • Options
    As for the anti-depressants, this is no cause for alarm. He may be suffering from bi-polar or similar, and with the anti-depressants he can live a normal life.

Yes, taking anti depressants isn't the reason to be alarmed here, it's the signs of rampant control freakery you want to watch out for.
  • Options
    He's insecure and you have your head in the clouds. Recipe for disaster tbh.
  • Options
    ibanezdude wrote: »
    I'm just going to say what everyone else is thinking but they're afraid to say...

What the fuck?

im not afraid to say it.
    seriously, what the fuck?!

:eek2:
  • Options
    My first girlfriend in 1996 wanted to get engaged with me four months in. By anybody's standards, even 4 months is short term, let alone FOUR DAYS!

FOUR YEARS of knowing each other, and your're on the right track.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    My first girlfriend in 1996 wanted to get engaged with me four months in. By anybody's standards, even 4 months is short term, let alone FOUR DAYS!

:yes: But wouldn't that depend alot on how long you've known each other? My parents were together 2 years before getting engaged but had known each other several months before they were together.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »

I knew a week after I started going out with my other half that we were perfect together. So did he. We moved in together 10 months later and now we're engaged after only 18 months. We've just bought a house together and we're getting married next year (date is set)

We had been going out for exactly two weeks when we said 'I love you' and we meant it.

You can't judge every relationship the same way.

Personally I agree that this guy is rushing in head first, but then it depends how long they have been friends and known each other. Going out for four days isn't the same if they've only known each other four days as it is if they've been friends for 14 years. The fact that the OP is asking questions about what she should do would suggest to me that it's all happening too quickly for her, not the amount of time they've been together.
  • Options
    I would say take it easy, let him come down to earth a little bit. Don't just dump him if you like him, his behaviour is unusual, to say the least, but I don't think it's grounds for dumping someone. Although I don't think you're both ready for the kind of commitments he's suggesting just yet. I mean, you're 16, you've got 60+ years ahead of you, you don't need to sign them all away to him just yet :).

The best way is to let these things develop naturally, then when it's the right time for both of you, then go with it! I'm one of those that only believes in engagement if it's followed by marriage, otherwise you'll end up like some people who get engaged three weeks in to every relationship they have, and when it falls apart it feels like the end of the world until the next person fulfills that whole in your life and resumes the same intensity. But a good relationship cant always be that intense... I don't know, in a way your partner should be your best friend, who you can always depend on and always trust, rather than the person you're dead excited about all the time.

Take it easy, you won't regret it :) but at the end of the day it's your life, and nobody else can make your decisions for you!
  • Options
    i posted this on another thread but i thought posting it here i might get good advice

i started going out with this really nice guy 4 days ago and we are really happy 2gether. im 16 and hes 18. he has asked me to get engaged to him and move in with him and i really want to say yes. the onli trouble is my fuc*in parents wont approve. but i love him and dont want to upset him

what do i do?!

plz help

Listen to your parents, they have a valid point.
  • Options
    Get rid Get rid Get rid
    No major loss if you've only been with him 4 days. He sounds far from stable and if you go along with his crazy ideas he could quite easily ruin your life especially if he is talking about kids!!

He's obviously taking advantage of the fact your very young and obviously like the geezar. Please please please fuck him off!!

Can i hazard a guess he doesn't have many friends?
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, I would've needed several pairs of new underwear by now.
  • Options
    I detect insecurity in both of them. She seems so insecure about being dropped if she doesn't agree to everything.

Stand your ground, kitty.
  • Options
    your only 16 you have so much to experience with your friends is the best option than a guy i think personally. the way your new fella sound its sounds like he would stop you from experience new things as he would be to inseurce to let you out of his sight
  • Options
    sorry i havnt been on for ages but i have been trying to sort things out with him but i went to stay with him at the weekend and to cut a long story short i found out he had another girlfriend which upset me loads but i had no way of getting home as he was gonna pay for me to get home (he lives in northampton) so i rung up my mum in tears and told her what had happened and she had a word with him and he told her that he loves me and doesnt want to lose me

my mum told me to give him another chance so i have and we are still together but all my friends are telling me to dump him because he has lied to me 3 times this week and accuses me of cheating on him nearly every day but i think deep down he does really love me and he does show it most of the time

also he has asked me to get married to him again and i said yes to please him and he wants to get married on his birthday 26th may 2007 but i havnt agreed a date yet
  • Options
    DUMP HIM NOW

I honestly have noting more to say - i know its a very scary prospect but your friends are obviously looking out for you and will be there to support you as will your mum. Its the best thing for you in the long run.
  • Options
    thats what im thinking of doing but every time i go to tell him i start crying because he says he loves me before i say that i want to break up
  • Options
    Thats becuase he knows exactly what your going to say.

You just have to be strong - take a friend along with you to hold your hand afterwards (though obv not be there at the actual dumping).

Its horrible you will feel like crap but it is for the best in the long run and you have to do it now to save yourself.