Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Life is empty

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else ever felt like this?I mean Iv got loads of stuff that anyone could want,tv,stereo,computer,xbox guitar good home good job but at the same time just feel so.......unfulfilled and empty.Iv got nothing to look forward to in future and am bored all the time.
Its strange how I have all these things but am still wanting something but I dont even know what it is.:chin: I dont even wanna get pissed anymore cos its boring now!!:eek2: I feel like Im aiming for something that I cant reach as Im being held back by something.I know what Im aiming for but to reach it I think I need to get some new people in my life.

Comments

• Options
    Have you though about joining a club or something? maybe doing some volunteering.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Have you though about joining a club or something? maybe doing some volunteering.

Volunteering crossed my mind too. :)

Seems to me your life is fine but you don't feel 'needed' or particulally useful?

Stuff like meditation is good when you feel like that too, I think. Somehow makes you feel more grounded and settled. :yes:
  • Options
    Well, in my book, it says that you have to be content with what you have, to be content with what you get. So if you feel unfulfilled a new game console isn't going to cut it.

Since I am a total social oriented person who constantly needs people around himself I'd like to advice to find more people to share interests and hobbies. Shared fortune is doubled fortune, but I guess not everyone thinks like that.

Try to find people to complement (not compliment) you instead of wealth.
  • Options
    you in a relationship?
  • Options
    Thanks for the repiles.
    No,Im not in a relationship and have looked into joining clubs but theres nothing that interests me really or thats easy to get to.
    I just kind of feel superfluous to everyone as whatever happens they`ve all got someone theyd rather speak to or hang around with than me.Im not desperate for friends as I do have some :yippe: but I also feel my life isnt heading where I want it to.Im trying to improve myself and be more confident and interesting and whatever but it just seems to be wasted.......like if I try to talk to people they only answer out of politeness then as soon as someone else comes along Im just kind of forgotten and left out the conversation.
    I think also I dont feel I have an identity or any reason to be where I am or talking to these people as Im not offering any value to them or their life.
    I think I have to figure out my personality and who I am and then try to show that to people when I talk to them as Im naturally really shy(although overcoming that slowly.)
    Any ideas or suggestions please to figuring out your own identity?:thumb:
  • Options
    Happiness doesn't come from having what you want, but wanting what you have...
  • Options
    Happiness doesn't come from having what you want, but wanting what you have...

Very true.

You sound a bit low to me The Leaf. Infact you sound how I used to sound. I used to feel the same when I talked to people, like they just weren't interested in what I had to say and I often got cut across when they saw someone else they wanted to talk to and then I felt really left out. I don't think it was actually them not being interested in me, looking back; just that I wasn't asserting myself enough and joining in as much as I could have if I had really made the effort (although, because like you I was shy, I felt like I was making all the effort I could at the time).

You know your own identity; you just sound like you feel as if you've outgrown your perseption of yourself, so you have to do things now that make you move forward.

The good thing is; it sounds like you're being really positive despite feeling how you feel, which means being open to change will be easier for you. :)
    You say there aren't any clubs or anything that you're really interested in joining; so maybe you should either join one anyway and maybe suprise yourself cos you might like it. Or do other things like volunteering which will help you gain more confidence and help you deal with your shyness more. Or give yourself a new challenge, or a new skill to learn.