Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jobs at 15

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the legal limits for jobs at the age of 15?

I need to earn some money and im not sure where to look for weekend jobs really.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    glass collecting
  • Options
    My Co-op employs people at 15, but for a limited number of hours per week and in between certain times of the day. You can't go on till but you can stack shelves.
  • Options
    paper round lol
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    This article
    Is it legal? says:

You can work up to eight hours on a Saturday between 7.00am and 7.00pm (if you're 15 or over but under school-leaving age).
  • Options
    I worked in a football stadium kiosk when I was 15, selling pies and bovril :D
  • Options
    I'm sure your mum can find you some jobs to do around the house :p

Or you could put a note in your local shop window advertising baby sitting or dog walking, something like that.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Here's some info from Connexions about working when you're under 16.
  • Options
    at 15 I could only work 5 huors a weekin a cafe and I had to apply for a permit
  • Options
    I worked at stables, farms, even nursing homes when I was 15. The stables and farm was cash in hand, but the nursing home was a bit more official. There were a few of us youngsters working on the house-keeping team, but we all got laid-off when they realised that they were breaking more than a few employment laws in having us there :rolleyes: I think patience is the key, my friend, you may well have to make do with a paper round until you're 16.
  • Options
    find a cash in hand job !
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    find a cash in hand job !

Lmao not a bad idea :)

Thanks for all your help, this connexions woman made me fill out this form and shes going to get back to me so thanks
  • Options
    I got my first job when i was thirteen. It was a cash in hand job in a chippy!!!!

Crap hours tho for someone at school (thurs: 5pm-9pm, fri: 5pm-12am, sat: 5-1am). I was the only kid my age on £75 a week tho!!

If i were u, i'd go cash in hand or perhaps glass collecting or summat. At my last pub, the glass collector used to pick up quite a bit in tips!!!