Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What would you wear with..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this?

It's a cream based (under the black) corset if photo isn't clear enough. Got a wedding in June (boyfriend's dad) and was hoping to wear it - but I don't know what to put on the bottom, or as a jacket type thing.

Have some lovely cream shoes and a cream bag, but I think it needs a pale bottom half, and I can't quite see cream shoes looking right with cream trousers.

Then, I need suggestions for where to get the clothes. I like Next, but as I wasn't sure what I was looking for, nothing grabbed me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tidy your room!!
    You haven't seen the worst of it. :nervous:

It's on the agenda. Just somewhere quite low down, so it's a slow work in progress. I have all these good intentions but invariably find something better I want to do, or occaisionally something else that I *have* to do. :blush:
    I would wear a lovely cream coloured, floaty skirt that was mid length. It would be an added bonus if the skirt had a black lacy material over it to match the top. kinda puffed out ballerina style.

..the only problem now is where to buy one. Cos it's a summer wedding, there well be loads of stuff you can find to match in the shops.

Try black skinny jeans (or skinny flares). Gluck :)
    You haven't seen the worst of it. :nervous:

It's on the agenda. Just somewhere quite low down, so it's a slow work in progress. I have all these good intentions but invariably find something better I want to do, or occaisionally something else that I *have* to do. :blush:

Eurgh I know how you feel. I've just *almost* finished tidying my room today.

If it's a wedding maybe something to wrap around your shoulders..I've forgotten the name of it but you know those faux fur things?

edit: a shrug!
    change your carpet too!
    see, i'd say wear some black trousers or a black skirt with it, rather than cream. keep the shoes and bag cream, and the bottom half balck to match in with the black on the top. just my thoughts, sure you'll look nice whatever you wear :)
    i think black might be a bit..resteraunty for a june wedding??
    I'll just have the chocolates :D
    I can see the floor, so it looks pretty tidy to me!
    Id suggest something like this, i got it from whistles last year....so you may need to check ebay for one like it. And a beige-ish cream shawl/pashmina....have your hair up and try to find shoes that are like the corset (ie black lace over the beige-ish cream)
    I'd go for a floaty cream skirt, nothing too heavy or fancy, and some pretty sandals- maybe in silver? Then you could have some lovely silver earrings, wear your hair down and voila- outfit sorted.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    change your carpet too!

how rude, she asked for fashion advice, not interior design advice

to the op: i agree that black would be a bit dull for a wedding, and i think the skirt Amira posted was lovely! its just finding a similar one that will be the problem!

as for a jacketty type thing, i'd go with a cute cardigan

also, do you HAVE to wear that top? could you not buy another outfit? maybe a cute summer dress?

x
    Littleali wrote: »

to the op: i agree that black would be a bit dull for a wedding, and i think the skirt Amira posted was lovely! its just finding a similar one that will be the problem!

as for a jacketty type thing, i'd go with a cute cardigan

also, do you HAVE to wear that top? could you not buy another outfit? maybe a cute summer dress?

x

:lol: I'm sorry but that cracks me up! You said vicky was rude for her carpet comment and then you say that at the end!

That said, a pretty summer dress is not a shabby idea :rolleyes:

Oh how boring you weirdo, that's your problem if you don't understand humour and sarcasm
    I wouldn't wear it, to be perfectly honest. It looks like something Tanya Turner wore in 2001's Footballers' Wives.

Get yourself to Zara and pick up a nice wee floaty dress for 35squid that'll do you for many years to come since you were off to Next as it goes anyways.
    haha i didnt mean it how it may have come across! there's a bit of a difference between asking a question to do with the topic and making a comment which could be considered rude and has nothing to do with what the OP asked

anyhooo....

i just think that that top would be better for a night out/meal with a black skirt than it would for a summer wedding, hence me asking does she have to wear that (because maybe she cant afford summat new) or can she keep her options open
    :)
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Oh how boring you weirdo, that's your problem if you don't understand humour and sarcasm

personal insults! wow, you're mature

sorry for not seeing the funny side about slagging someones carpet off, detecting sarcasm over the net is quite difficult, especially in a smiley free, one liner post like yours
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The whistles gone girls, you can leave the playground now. Anymore petty comments will simply be deleted.
    personal insults! wow, you're mature

sorry for not seeing the funny side about slagging someones carpet off, detecting sarcasm over the net is quite difficult, especially in a smiley free, one liner post like yours
    apology accepted
    **Helen** wrote: »
    The whistles gone girls, you can leave the playground now. Anymore petty comments will simply be deleted.

:lol::lol: I can just imagine Helen sat at her computer saying that! hang on why would she be saying that? typing that I mean.
    wow, amira is a hotty! I have nothing eslse to add...
    I don't like the top either, looks cheap. Alright for going out at night i expect but wouldn't wear it to a wedding in summer.

Go for something lighter and maybe not that kinda style.