Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Swansea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going down to Swansea at the weekend but can anyone tell me what there is to do there. I have absolutely no idea!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I have lived here for nearly 6 years now so i can tell you plenty, it just depends what sort of things you are interested in?
  • Options
    Dunno, any places of interest that we could visit. I read somewhere about a chocolate factory but it doesn't open for tours until 2nd April. Typical!
  • Options
    Well there re a couple of museums dotted around. One only opened last year called the National Waterfront Museum....however my biggest recommendation, especially as it is supposed to be bright and sunny this weekend is to go down the gower. It is a pennisula of hundreds of stunning beaches and bays where you can have a stroll or take a picnic etc. It is much easier to get to if you have a car, but there are also regular buses from the bus station (the quadrant) down there. Plenty of country pubs down there to have a little drink in and enjoy the view too. Where are you staying?
  • Options
    I used to visit there occasionly. Theres a whole road of just bars, thats pretty cool. And a museum. And shops. Doesn't even challenge Cardiff though. :thumb:
  • Options
    Cheers. I'll take a note of those places. We're staying in the dragon hotel. We were gonna go to Cardiff but couldn't get a hotel booked for Saturday, all fully booked apparently except for some over-priced travel lodge that wanted £95 for the night!