Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Budget

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Serious smokers might want to move to Latvia, where they would pay just 43p for 20 fags.

:hyper: I'm actually going to Latvia in the summer :yippe:

I hope people have learned that Territt is a devout smoking / smoker hater.

On the budget,

well, the tax cut isn't really that great as the 10p rate has been abolished. Most people's earnings from £17k-£43k won't change much. It's a shite situation for single unmarried people though, but then again, what's new?

Why has corporate tax been lowered? In a year when British banks have announced record profits and inflation has risen to 2.8%, why has GB decided to lower their tax brackets? Incidentally it's the smaller firms being fucked over by this. I read a testimonial from one self-employed guy whose company will now have to pay £9,000 extra tax whereas RBS, as a result of the corporate tax cut will now save £160m a year. Explain?
    Why has corporate tax been lowered? In a year when British banks have announced record profits and inflation has risen to 2.8%, why has GB decided to lower their tax brackets? Incidentally it's the smaller firms being fucked over by this. I read a testimonial from one self-employed guy whose company will now have to pay £9,000 extra tax whereas RBS, as a result of the corporate tax cut will now save £160m a year. Explain?

This government, like every other in the world, are bent over a table with the dick of every major corporation firmly lodged up their arse. That's why.
    This government, like every other in the world, are bent over a table with the dick of every major corporation firmly lodged up their arse. That's why.

The question was mainly rhetorical but thanks for answering it anyway.