Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dont know where to go

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
im tryna decide where to go for a 4 day break with my mate, its between frankfurt, paris and croatia anybody been to any of them and have any tips..
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cari wrote: »
    im tryna decide where to go for a 4 day break with my mate, its between frankfurt, paris and croatia anybody been to any of them and have any tips..

Frankfurt is nice although if you were going to Germany, Berlin would be a much better bet. Frankfurt is the financial capital of Germany, it's a nice city but there's much more to see and do in Berlin. Much better nightlife too and Berlin is also quite a bit cheaper than Frankfurt (and Paris).
    try croatia. its cheaper, better weather, and different.
    When do you want to go? Croatia is definately better for the summer but Zargreb isn't really a city break destination and lots of the lure of the other lovely cities - such as Dubrovnik and Spilt is that they are beautifu and on the sea and maybe not as much fun on a cold winters day.

Frankfurt I dont' really know much about i've only been to the airport but i'm sure its lots of fun.

Paris is lovely and perfect for a 4 day break - however if your planning to go in the summer beware that July and August are often very cheap as its hot and not particually pleasant as a result many parisians go off on holiday and lots of things are shut.

So i'm guessing i'd say Paris in the colder months and Croatia in the warmer ones - hope that helps...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hull.
    Croatia of the three, unless (as Dis said) you're willing to go elsewhere in Germany.

Frankfurt is a lovely city, but just about the most unsuited to a holiday or break. Berlin, Hamburg or Munich (or even Leipzig) would be far better, but I know Frankfurt is very tempting due to the overwhelming number of flights into it from the UK! It is a good base for setting out to another part of Germany, though. If you're particularly interested in Hessen you could always stay at a Pension on the Rhein close to Frankfurt, visit some other cities like Heidelberg and Bonn, hire bikes, take boat trips, visit the Lorelei, drink loads of beer etc. Depends what kind of holiday you're after :)

As Wyetry said, Paris in summer isn't ideal... so it depends when you're planning to go, too.