Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cant start my essay!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
arghh!! im sooo frustrated right now!!
Ive got a 2000 word essay due in for friday - and have stupidly only just got round to doing it :no: this in itself isnt so bad, because i know ill manage to scribble something out - even if it isnt to my best ability

BUT

im sitting here infront of the computer and i cant bloody start the thing! Once ive started it ill be fine but its just the first stupid intro sentence i cant do!

the question is :
'To what extent could the theatre sets or costumes of the bauhaus be described as modernist"

ive come up with a couple of possible intros into the essay, but they all sound bloody crap! (a lot of them start with 'throughout history' which is never a good way to start an essay) im going to talk about the history of the art movement but.. i cant :p

anyone got any ideas? just the initial sentence!
no doubt ill come up with something eventually, but right now my mind is blank.
if noone has a clue thats fine tho!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    do your intro last, thats what i always do

start off by making a few headings and start writing under them.
    ahh good idea! never thought of that :) i think ill keep on trying for the first sentence but in the meantime do that

I find writing an essay plan then assigning a set amount of words to each section helps.
    For example:

Introduction (300 words)
    - Say what it is you have writen about (best to write this last as someone else mentioned)

Theme 1 (700 words)
    - Theorists under this theme

Theme 2 (700 words)
    - Theorists under this theme

Conclusion (300 words)
    - Sum up the points you have made
    I feel your painnn! Mine has to be in tomorrow.

Good luck with yours. Have a hot choc when you're done..or just treat yourself.

Oh and the chap who said about headings. Best idea ever. It does really help