Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

3 week detox.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Out of uni life for easter, 3 weeks! I'm officially away from all the temptations that living away from home brings. Desperately wanting a fag at the mo though, but I've decided to take a break. Not had one in 2 days, an Ive been stressed to feck! No drugs, no fags, no alcohol. for 3 weeks! Anyone tried something similar?

Thing is I plan on going absolutely crazy when I get back on campus as a deserved reward.

Summer is here, fucking great time'a the year or what?! I've heard great things about summer life on my particular uni campus, and I really cant 'effin wait to get back on it. Doing acid on the fields is one thing Ill be introduced to, Ill be going back loaded an all.

Gotta love life when its going good! :hyper:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol: I know what its like. Whenever i would break up from uni and go home for the holidays I would say to myself im going to stop, smoking, drugs and drink.

I lasted 4 days before i gave into the fags, a week for the drink. Luckily i could get any green from anyone at home, so i stayed off the cannabis :D

:thumb:
    Lol My 'Home' life is probably as mad as people's Uni lives anyway when it comes to drugs, so coming home from Uni will probably mean a bigger mash up.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol My 'Home' life is probably as mad as people's Uni lives anyway when it comes to drugs, so coming home from Uni will probably mean a bigger mash up.

You will just have to check into rehab every now and then :D
    I'm kinda the same altho just really cut down on smoking and drinking not given up. I know its a good thing but I just get grumpy haha.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Im doing the same at the moment, i have quit smoking and the drugs.... for how long i don't know but its going good at the moment. Good thing for me now is I no longer crave fags only a little bit when i drink. But as your giving up drink you won't get that :D

Good luck and be strong :thumb:
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Exactly it.
    Shogun wrote: »
    Exactly it.

Complete opposite for me.

Lads back home are 'pissheads', drugs haven't ever really come into they're scene. Night after night in the same pubs are just plain boring to me now. University on the other hand, well, I went to experience life away from home, an to get to know myself better (an fuck me, you don't half do that!) an as it happens 99% of the people they're with me, on campus, wanted to do the same. I went to uni only ever having smoked small amounts of weed beforehand (I handnt even touched a cigarette!) Within the first week of being on campus, I found myself phoning dealers for grams of charlie. The next week, pills etc etc. No peer pressure involved, I bought some, shared with a few mates, and had a good time. Never regretted doing drugs, ever, even when onetime I ended up in hospital because of them.

Uni! if you don't go, your really missing out on alot! Move out into halls and forget the debt, its an experience worth ten times what your paying. You'll come out a better person, an hey an education! Ive not even mentioned that as a positive reason to go before! Crazy. Theres so much more to it than a degree!
    Box wrote: »
    Complete opposite for me.

Uni! if you don't go, your really missing out on alot! Move out into halls and forget the debt, its an experience worth ten times what your paying

Thats a load of bollocks.

Uni isn't the only way yu can do whatever you wanna. I never went to Uni and have worked since A-levels, i guarantee i have had more nights out than most students and had a much better time because its not on a budget. I bought my own gaff and have so many manic after parties.

Plus you can afford more drink and drugs than students!
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Thats a load of bollocks.

Uni isn't the only way yu can do whatever you wanna. I never went to Uni and have worked since A-levels, i guarantee i have had more nights out than most students and had a much better time because its not on a budget. I bought my own gaff and have so many manic after parties.

It's not bollocks atall! My life is a completley different one since going, and I thought I was having a laugh, good time at college.

Just going off my experience decee, I'm sorry if you cant relate.
    Plus you can afford more drink and drugs than students!

Student loan and a job, your sorted. I'm never out of money.
    Box wrote: »
    It's not bollocks atall! My life is a completley different one since going, and I thought I was having a laugh, good time at college.

Yeh but your life would have been different if you'd have got a job, travelled the world, became a gyspy or played for man utd - its life not uni.

Im not knocking it, im just going off all my mates who are at uni, work part time and most live at home and are still skint!