Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is food getting smaller, or are we getting bigger??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just took this from a post on the mini milks, where someone said that mini milks arent small, we're all just bigger...

I thought this too, but then I thought about wagon wheels and curly wurlies...they have definately got smaller. I remember Curly Wurlies being the length of a long school ruler or just a little bit shorter.. so whats that? 20-25cm? Now they're tiny and taste rubbish.

Wagon wheels are definately smaller and always tasted rubbish, but whatever.

Anyone know any other childhood sweets/food thats changed?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    I just took this from a post on the mini milks, where someone said that mini milks arent small, we're all just bigger...

I thought this too, but then I thought about wagon wheels and curly wurlies...they have definately got smaller. I remember Curly Wurlies being the length of a long school ruler or just a little bit shorter.. so whats that? 20-25cm? Now they're tiny and taste rubbish.

Wagon wheels are definately smaller and always tasted rubbish, but whatever.

Anyone know any other childhood sweets/food thats changed?

WHAM! bars. SOOOOOOOOOOO much smaller now.
    packets of crisps
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    packets of crisps

Yes!! You get about 8 Discos in a pack now...if you're lucky!! You have to practically go searching for them when you open the packet....:eek2:

But still worth it for the delicious salt 'n' vinegariness......:yum:
    creme eggs used to fit perfectly in my egg cup, now they are smaller and fall to the bottom
    Cadbury's buttons have most definitely shrunk.
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Cadbury's buttons have most definitely shrunk.

No they haven't, they're giant now :p
    Space Raiders bags have shrunk remarkably, but i suppose they're justified; that 10p has been battling with inflation all my life.
    I had a big mac a while ago. I hadn't had one in years... it wasn't very big at all.
    Space Raiders bags have shrunk remarkably, but i suppose they're justified; they have been battling with inflation all my life.

yeah space raiders have a stupid amount in the packet.

I have to get about 5 bags to get a fix now :grump:

Although they do have 20p packs now :yippe: