Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kavos, Corfu

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so our planned holiday to Magaluf has gone down the drain as a couple of mates dropped out due to finances and now it's too expensive.

But we're now booking a holiday to Kavos in Corfu which is apparantly pretty awesome too. Anyone ever been? I hear the SEX Club is good for foam parties and Atlantis is pretty mental.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I remember this about Cofru in general, can't give you anything more specific.
  • Options
    I went to Kavos twice in the same summer - but it was years ago so it may well have changed.

The first trip was excellent it was just after our A-Levels did normal just out of school kind of stuff - lots of getting drunk and snogging random people - I didn't want to go home and very almost didn't.

Then later the same summer I was backpacking round Greece and Turkey with a freind and we decided to go again as we had had so much fun the first time around - it was OK but it had lots some of its sparkle - there were some big fights and somo one had been killed in an English vs Scottish fight a few days before we turned up and then whilst we were there the body of someone washed up on the beach which was just upsetting - I dont' think that she actually died on the beach though.

Indrid - you stayed in Corfu town which is lovely and very beautiful - I took myself on the bus to go visit it.

I would say of Corfu in general its an amasingly beautiful place - greener than the more southern greek islands with lots of Venetian infludences as well. Kavos is excellent to go to if your looking to only meet english people (or greek people who want to rip you off), you want to drink lots and snog lots of random people - Oh and its the type of place where everythign comes with chips and all the bars and restaurants show english TV.

Its megga fun for a week or so - but not the real corfu and I think could give you an ugly impression of somewhere which is actually much nicer.

So i'm not saying don't go - but depending on when and where you want to go and how much budget you have - my suggestion would be to go to a european festival (tickets for them dont' sell out at the breathtaking pace UK ones do) and then do some travelling round which ever country afterwards and chill out on a beach.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »

Its megga fun for a week or so - but not the real corfu and I think could give you an ugly impression of somewhere which is actually much nicer.

So i'm not saying don't go - but depending on when and where you want to go and how much budget you have - my suggestion would be to go to a european festival (tickets for them dont' sell out at the breathtaking pace UK ones do) and then do some travelling round which ever country afterwards and chill out on a beach.

I'm quite a well travelled kid, I've been pretty much all around Europe with my family and I've visited the quieter and more picturesque parts of Greek islands already (Lesbos, Skiathos, Crete) so this is just really a clubbing holiday with my mates before they go off to Uni and before I take my gap year. We would have just done our A Levels aswell so we are really just going to get fucked and have a laugh. lol

Although yeah I know what you mean about places like this...it won't seem like we're in Greece at all, which does seem a shame as it is a beautiful country, but that isn't really what this particular holiday is for. If you know what I mean?
  • Options
    Yes it was excellent when we had literally just finished our A-Levels and were letting off steam but even 2 months later it just seemed a little seedy........

I'm kind of saying also investigate places where you can have some really excellent clubbing combined with a lovely beach - rather than so/so clubs and 18-30 reps trying to sell you dodgy tours.

Like these http://www.sonar.es/2007/eng/prog/concerts_pre.cfm
    http://www.loveparade.de/
    http://eng.exitfest.org/

Plus many more http://www.virtual-festivals.com/festivals/index.cfm
  • Options
    That Snowbombing one in Austria looks pretty cool, I love Austria anyway.

Really varied line up for EXIT aswell, why don't we have festivals like that in the UK? Over here all the big festivals are just pretty much rock music which kinda sucks to be honest. lol
  • Options
    I reallly want to go to exit - i think i might just book tickets and drag along whoever can come but also this one looks excellent and is on the beach!! http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/line-up-2007/

However lots and lots of festivals in the UK do have dance music - its just its on a seperate dance stage because the dance acts don't necessarily pull in as many people.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I reallly want to go to exit - i think i might just book tickets and drag along whoever can come but also this one looks excellent and is on the beach!! http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/line-up-2007/

However lots and lots of festivals in the UK do have dance music - its just its on a seperate dance stage because the dance acts don't necessarily pull in as many people.

Yeah I know but it's still rather limited. At this Exit thing you get Andy C e.t.c on the main stage, and you have a Dance Stage, Hip Hop, Metal, Reggae e.t.c.

Yeah that one does like pretty insane, that might be the festival a group of my other mates are planning on going to, we were going to go with them but it's all very unorganised. So we decided to just book our own clubbing holiday in Kavos instead. lol
  • Options
    I went July 05 on a 'twentys' hol.

For what your looking for pill'ed its wicked. Clubs are decent enough, drinks are very very cheap and the girls are even easy !

I thought the 'twentys' side of it was shite and very annoying, but your that lashed you really wont care.

I think i seen Judge Jules, RatPack and Westwood when I was over there.

It is funny tho as some of the clubs which are half out door / half indoor turn the music off when the cops drive past as the dont have a music license, the cops know it has blatantley just been on but its like a backhander mafia sorta thing i think. Weird when you dancing away tho!

Yeh its definetely not the nicest bit of greece, but that not why your going. Leave your digicam at home and take a disposable, but you'll have a cracking time.
  • Options
    Haha quality, I'm well looking forward to going!