Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

phone & water

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I dropped my phone in hte poilet tongiht.

stupi d i know but i was drunk.

i tried to turn it on sevearl times. no luck.

have i broken iT?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    did you drop your keyboard in there too?
    Erm, put it in a dry place for a while, like the airing cupboard. Sometimes works, but more often than not, you've fucked it.
    haha, durmbeat, ive had a few to dirnk :p

errr luckily i have an old phoneeeee, it has loads of texts from an ex boyfriend on it though :lol: tjey are quite amyusing!

i think ive fucked it. oops!
    Stop turning it on.

The worst thing you can do with a wet piece of electronic equipment is turn it on.

Take the battery out, leave it to dry somewhere warm (not too hot, you don't want to melt it).

If you can, remove any covers and stuff.

After a couple of days, try it.
    There has been a real spat of people dropping things down toilets and stuff over their keyboards of late.

Was there a solar flare recently or something?
    I had one go through the washing machine last summer (I know :blush: ) and tried it out again the other day and it is still alive :D The battery is gone though.
    A pen leaked red ink all over my phone and I tried to wash it off and fucked my phone. Well I put it in an airing cuboard and it does kinda workd now but I can't use the scroll down and up buttons, meaning I can't look through all my video's and pics from Amsterdam and raves I've been to. :(
    I dropped my first mobile in a 5 litre tin of paint so I had no choice but to then wash it under a tap :blush: I dried it off with a towel, gave it a hour or so and then tried to use it again and it was fine. Mind you it was an Ericsson BRICK mobile back in 1998 and mobiles now are so much smaller and fiddly
    Haha. How um, embarassing :blush:

Mmm well, I think my phone is actually dead. I'll try turning it on again in a few days. Thankfully, I was a little bit more careful with my other phone so don't have to go out and buy another! I took loads of cool pictures last night though :(
    Mist wrote: »
    The worst thing you can do with a wet piece of electronic equipment is turn it on.

:thumb:
    Don't give up hope, my friend fell through an ice-covered with his phone in his pocket and it came back to life after about 6 hours of brokeness.