Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Communication

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would it bother you if someone you were seeing never rang you?

Comments

• Options
    Depends. My boyfriend isn't a phone person so we usually talk on MSN or text. As long as you use other methods of communication..I dont think many blokes are phone-ey type people. I hate speaking on the phone.
  • Options
    My boyfriend of just over two years (at the time) went back to uni after his placement year and stopped making any effort to communicate with me at all.

We lasted a further six months of bitching at each othe before we (or, rather, I!) called it a day. It just doesn't work without communication!
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Depends. My boyfriend isn't a phone person so we usually talk on MSN or text. As long as you use other methods of communication..I dont think many blokes are phone-ey type people. I hate speaking on the phone.

Its another girl...she has apparently been finding my text messages too blunt so I rang her the other day for a change. But then I realised she never makes an effort to call me. Thought back to the first time I rang her and do remember her saying she doesn't like having phone conversations, but she denyed this and says of course she likes me ringing her!
  • Options
    I used to hate talking on the phone before i met Mrs. Peters. I always do the calling, but that's only because my phone calls are free. If it's got past 8 and i haven't rang there's usually trouble.

So yeah, i guess both parties have to make the effort to communicate with one another.
  • Options
    I used to hate talking on the phone before i met Mrs. Peters. I always do the calling, but that's only because my phone calls are free. If it's got past 8 and i haven't rang there's usually trouble.

So yeah, i guess both parties have to make the effort to communicate with one another.

When I had no phone credit instead of sending a text from my computer I went out in the rain to a phonebox in the highstreet to ring. Apparently I make no effort...I guess this is what happens when two women get together, its far too complex! I have been accused of being deaf as well! It all seems to be based on accusations. Girls always tell me I am blunt.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote: »
    Its another girl...she has apparently been finding my text messages too blunt so I rang her the other day for a change. But then I realised she never makes an effort to call me. Thought back to the first time I rang her and do remember her saying she doesn't like having phone conversations, but she denyed this and says of course she likes me ringing her!

Guess it depends, some people just aren't phone type people.