Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just wanna lose weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm really unhappy with the way i look, i mean, i'm not like overweight or anything and i know that, but when i look in the mirror i just spot all the thigs that i dont like, i see myself overweight in the mirror and feel like an elephant but i dunno what to do... i'm really unhappy... i go to the gym every week and play sport and stuff and eat healthily but all this weight just seems to stay there!! HELP!!!

Comments

• Options
    What's your height, weight, dress size etc? What sort of things do you eat in a typical day? What sort of exercise do you do at the gym?

Sorry to ask so many questions but it might give a better idea of where you are and where you can improve.
  • Options
    i'm like 168 cm's tall, weigh in at around 65kg's. Typical day eat healthy breakfast, lunch consisting of sandwich, dinner and lots of water to drink. At the gym i do circuit training and play lots of tennis too.
  • Options
    Ok, breaking it down a bit. If you're looking at your own diet now (probably the most important thing regarding weight loss, followed by weights and cardio) do you think there's anything you could change? You haven't really specified what exactly you eat, so I can't help you with that, but little things like the bread in the sandwich - is it white/brown etc? Are you making your own meals or do you buy them? Do you drink alcohol?

Try to focus more on having 6 meals a day rather than '3 square' ones i.e. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Humans are more suited to 'grazing' i.e. eating small portions constantly throughout the day (it keeps your insulin at a level where it's less likely to spike and slump so much) rather than binging (breakfast, lunch, big dinner).

I don't do any circuit training, so I don't know that much about it, but do you lift weights to build muscle in that? Tennis sounds good on the cardio front, at the moment I'm doing high intensity interval training and have found that very effective.
  • Options
    robz wrote: »
    i'm like 168 cm's tall, weigh in at around 65kg's. Typical day eat healthy breakfast, lunch consisting of sandwich, dinner and lots of water to drink. At the gym i do circuit training and play lots of tennis too.

Just for reference, 65kgs is not that heavy for 168cm tall...............
  • Options
    yeah circuit training is like, lifting weights, running etc... eat brown bread with sandwich and dont drink that much alcohol, like i will have a little bit if i go to a party or something but yeah, i dunno what's wrong with me, i just feel fat :(
  • Options
    if you have 3 meals and snacks, make sure that the snacks aren't just crap like crisps and chocolate. Try something like fruit.
  • Options
    Could the way you feel partly be due to low self confidence? Like g_angel said, 65kg for a 168cm tall person -on paper- sounds pretty good.

Try to spot out the things you like about your body the next time you are in front of the mirror. It could well give you a healthier outlook of yourself. I started doing this and I can now usually look myself in the mirror and see the positive things. Sure, some days you notice the bad more but this is a matter of training your head to play nice. :)

From your description it does sound like you are living a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy that fact rather than obsessing over the result. You must feel happy in some way when you work up a good sweat or after a light meal?
  • Options
    robz wrote: »
    i'm really unhappy with the way i look, i mean, i'm not like overweight or anything and i know that, but when i look in the mirror i just spot all the thigs that i dont like, i see myself overweight in the mirror and feel like an elephant but i dunno what to do... i'm really unhappy... i go to the gym every week and play sport and stuff and eat healthily but all this weight just seems to stay there!! HELP!!!

It sounds like you are doing everything right so dwell on the good points - you're slimmer and fitter than if you didn't go to gym. You can't change your body so why get so worked up about it?

Next, we'll be having guys asking if they can somehow get a larger willy! ;)